Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2008   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans pre-season games re-aired on NFL Network

I live in Corpus so this will probably be the only means of me watching my Texans this pre-season so I though I'd share the times and dates they will be re-aired on NFLN.

Denver Broncos at Houston Texans
Sunday, Aug. 10 @ 10pm and Thursday, Aug. 14 @ 12am

Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints
Monday, Aug. 18 @ 10am and Thursday, Aug. 21 @ 6am

Houston Texans at Dallas Cowputas
No game listed

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Houston Texans
Friday, Aug, 29 @ 9am and Sunday, Aug, 31 @ 10am
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans pre-season games re-aired on NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I live in Corpus so this will probably be the only means of me watching my Texans this pre-season so I though I'd share the times and dates they will be re-aired on NFLN.

No game listed

The Cowboys game will be nationally televised by CBS.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No game listed

same story here in the Valley, dude. I'll have to rely on NFLN to watch the Texans after the fact...but cool nevertheless.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #4
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
same story here in the Valley, dude. I'll have to rely on NFLN to watch the Texans after the fact...but cool nevertheless.
Get direct tv and order the "Sunday Ticket" you can watch all the games.
Old 07-27-2008   #5
gtal98
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to gtal98

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Yup, that's what I have to do. Otherwise the only Texans game I would see would be the Monday Nighter.
gtal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the difference between the "Sunday Ticket" and having NFLN?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Sunday Ticket shows every Sunday game live...where as the NFL Network other than Thursday Night Football, replays games.

Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be my first season with NFLN. Do they show lots of replys during watchable evening hours, or am I gonna have to DVR them in the middle of the night?

Old 07-27-2008   #9
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Sunday Ticket means that you will have access to watch all of the Sunday games reguardless what market you are in (offered by your provider). The NFLN is the NFL sponsored football network (Thank God for children, puppies and the NFLN) available from your Satellite or cable provider. They brodcast games that are not on National TV or the NFLN and have year round football coverage. I'm not sure if it is offered with cable. There was a rift between Time Warner and the NFL over charges or something like that.
Old 07-27-2008   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This will be my first season with NFLN. Do they show lots of replys during watchable evening hours, or am I gonna have to DVR them in the middle of the night?
A bit of both Thorn if your looking for specific games. Ours seemed to alway be at 2 AM or so.............can't imaging how that happens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

I've got NFLN with Comcast cable. I've been watching so many old games lately, I'm about to lose my mind. I can't wait for pre-season and new stuff to watch.

Content other than the games themselves is lacking on NFLN. Though their Top-10 shows have been interesting.

Old 07-27-2008   #12
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They don't replay all 12-16 games. Seems like last year, they had about 4 "highlight games" from Sunday that they would replay during the following weekdays. Each of the 4 games would get shown several times at random hours.
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #13
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Sunday Ticket is quite possibly the greatest thing ever, after one season I couldn't live without it . I like how you can set your fantasy team up before the games begin and its tracks their progress for you .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Sunday Ticket is quite possibly the greatest thing ever, after one season I couldn't live without it . I like how you can set your fantasy team up before the games begin and its tracks their progress for you .
What?! You can do that? For the love of god, why am I just now finding this out?! Thanks #69...looks like I'll be upgrading my cable soon!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #15
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

well thankfully the RGV is in Texans viewing area, so I get to see most of the games during the regular season, unless the station gets cute and cuts to another one like the Cowgirls.

I was referring to preseason games. The ABC affiliate down here subscribes to the "Silver Star Network" for Dallas and shows ALL of their preseason games. (which I hate). No Texans games live just the CBS one against Dallas.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What?! You can do that? For the love of god, why am I just now finding this out?! Thanks #69...looks like I'll be upgrading my cable soon!
Yup, its pretty dang sweet .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #17
gtal98
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to gtal98

Quote:
Man, I've had Sunday Ticket for 2 years now and I didn't know about that either! I'm assuming it's part of the "SuperFan" package though, which I didn't get until December of last year when I finally bought and HDTV. I'm definitely going to have to check that out this season!
gtal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When will NFLN re-air the Texans' preseason games?

This was a thread that was started by someone else, but I can't find it. Does anybody know when and what time the re-air of the preseason games will be for the Texans (on NFLN)?

Merge to the original thread, if necessary, but for pete's sake tell me where to find it before you merge it!

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: When will NFLN re-air the Texans' preseason games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Sunday, Aug. 10

San Francisco 49ers at Oakland Raiders 1 a.m.(HD)
Kansas City Chiefs at Chicago Bears 4 a.m. (HD)
Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers 7 a.m. (HD)
Atlanta Falcons at Jacksonville Jaguars 10 a.m.
St Louis Rams at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins 4 p.m. (HD)
Indianapolis Colts at Carolina Panthers 7 p.m. (HD)
Denver Broncos at Houston Texans 10 p.m. (HD)

Thursday, Aug. 14

Denver Broncos at Houston Texans 12 a.m.(HD) (Wed Night/Thurs morning)
Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers 7 a.m.(HD)
Dallas Cowboys at San Diego Chargers 10 a.m.(HD)
San Francisco 49ers at Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.(HD)
Indianapolis Colts at Carolina Panthers 4 p.m.(HD)

Now, if I only had freaking HD!!!! I CAN WATCH PEOPLE EATING 24/7 AT "THE SPOT" IN GALVESTON BUT I CAN'T SEE A TEXANS GAME!! Um, sorry, please ignore that last part....)

EDIT: NFLN Link
Old 08-06-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Default Re: When will NFLN re-air the Texans' preseason games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This was a thread that was started by someone else, but I can't find it. Does anybody know when and what time the re-air of the preseason games will be for the Texans (on NFLN)?

Merge to the original thread, if necessary, but for pete's sake tell me where to find it before you merge it!

Thanks.

August 10 9:00 pm central. Unfortunately this will be the time I will be watching the game because the sorry TV stations here in Corpus stopped airing preseason games since the first year I moved here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read