Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2008   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Bell rumored to visit

Under the of zero surprise category, Mike Bell supposed to visit us (and the Patriots)

per kffl.com

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports free-agent RB Mike Bell (Broncos) is scheduled to work out for the Houston Texans.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell rumored to visit

GTFO Mike Bell! We are already saturated at the RB position.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
GTFO Mike Bell! We are already saturated at the RB position.
I'll second that. Tired of being the Broncos 2.0, as well.
Old 07-25-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

No more running backs!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Chris Brown just got sent a message.

STAY @ THE WEDDING IF YOU WANT & WE"LL MOVE ON

CHRIS IT"S TIME TO GET IN CAMP
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #6
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I'll second that. Tired of being the Broncos 2.0, as well.
Thirded on the first statement, and seconded on the second.

I'm ready for having our own identity.
Old 07-26-2008   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-26-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

why was he cut from the Broncos? Its not like they have some stud bunch of backs....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
why was he cut from the Broncos? Its not like they have some stud bunch of backs....
Yes they do, they have an ex-longhorn that is all you ever need in this league.
Old 07-26-2008   #10
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Mike Bell rumored to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yes they do, they have an ex-longhorn that is all you ever need in this league.
QFT for truth and sarcasm.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bell is better than current RBs, why not? (I don't know if he is or not) We need to keep improving depth on each position which make us better and stronger team.

Go Texans!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #12
whiskeyrbl

Let him come in for camp, if we have another camp like the last two we may need another back that is familiar with our scheme.
Old 07-26-2008   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

mike bell is a decent rb from what ive seen and when he was released i thought we'd give him a look.. and bad new for chris taylor but he had played a good deal of fb at the broncos iirc (well they moved him there.. im not sure if he actually played it tbh)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not that familiar with Mike Bell, but I have to say I own no emotional stock in any of our running backs, including our "wonderful" new draft choice who isn't getting cut anyway. If Bell fits in, and can show he is more useful than someone we already got, then that's fine with me.

It's not like any in our current running back stable is gonna tear up the NFL this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm not that familiar with Mike Bell, but I have to say I own no emotional stock in any of our running backs, including our "wonderful" new draft choice who isn't getting cut anyway. If Bell fits in, and can show he is more useful than someone we already got, then that's fine with me.

It's not like any in our current running back stable is gonna tear up the NFL this year.
I don't understand this attitude or perspective. Of course you could end up being right. However, how could you possibly know that AGreen won't have a healthy and highly productive season. Or, how could you know that Slaton won't come in and have a season like Dom Davis had his rookie year. Or, why is it impossible that Chris Taylor would build on the way he finished 2006 and pound out 100 yard games?

Not only are you saying that one of those won't happen but you are saying that there is no way any of those things will happen. I just don't get that pessimism. If we were going into the season with Ron Dayne, Darius Walker, and Wali Lundy- then I would agree. But, we have 4 players that have all at least flashed ability to succeed in the NFL.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When Bell entered the NFL in 2006 as an undrafted rookie, he showed great promise picking up almost 700 yards and scoring 8 TDs. But in the 2007 preseason, he sustained a shoulder injury and was essentially delegated to play solely in the FB position in a total of only 5 games. He carried only 6times during that period. On his last carry, in a very critical situation, he fumbled........He was inactivated for the rest of the season.

Here's some background info on Bell. [LINK]

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-26-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't understand this attitude or perspective. Of course you could end up being right. However, how could you possibly know that AGreen won't have a healthy and highly productive season. Or, how could you know that Slaton won't come in and have a season like Dom Davis had his rookie year. Or, why is it impossible that Chris Taylor would build on the way he finished 2006 and pound out 100 yard games?

Not only are you saying that one of those won't happen but you are saying that there is no way any of those things will happen. I just don't get that pessimism. If we were going into the season with Ron Dayne, Darius Walker, and Wali Lundy- then I would agree. But, we have 4 players that have all at least flashed ability to succeed in the NFL.
Don't get me wrong, what I think about our running backs and what I hope for our running backs are two different things.

What I think is this is another year of musical chair running backs with the over all running game improved over last year, but no one really carrying the load.

What I hope is we find ourselves with one good solid leader that can be spelled at times with the backups. In other words, a real threat that has to be reckoned with. I don't see that happening.

If I'm wrong, then GOOD. This is a case where I'd love to be proven wrong.

Old 07-26-2008   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

define "tear up the NFL".
besides, I don't really think any of them need to "tear up the NFL" as long as our running game, as a whole, averages 120-140 yds/game and can produce 15-20 rushing TDs. Last year we managed 8-8 with 99 ypg and 12 rushing TDs. 120 rushing ypg would have put us in the top ten; 140 in the top five. 15 rushing TDs puts us in the top ten, 20 would have put us at #2.

Then again, maybe what I'm asking for would be "tearing up the NFL".

and yes, with Gibbs here, I expect more than baby step improvements in our running game. And I hope to hell the team does too.

and now its off to TC.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
define "tear up the NFL".
besides, I don't really think any of them need to "tear up the NFL" as long as our running game, as a whole, averages 120-140 yds/game and can produce 15-20 rushing TDs. Last year we managed 8-8 with 99 ypg and 12 rushing TDs. 120 rushing ypg would have put us in the top ten; 140 in the top five. 15 rushing TDs puts us in the top ten, 20 would have put us at #2.

Then again, maybe what I'm asking for would be "tearing up the NFL".

and yes, with Gibbs here, I expect more than baby step improvements in our running game. And I hope to hell the team does too.

and now its off to TC.
As a team goes, I also think our running game will be improved this year. All I'm saying is we don't really have a "go to" type of guy yet, unless one of our guys steps up this year and proves himself. Whether or not you need a "go to" type ah guy when you can run effectively using multiple backs is a matter of taste I suppose.

Personally, I'd like to see us have a 1400 yard a year back along with the passing game. But I'll take the 1400 yards from multiple backs in a heartbeat. It's just a preferance is all.

Old 07-26-2008   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

What next ? Is Steve Atwater and Terrell Davis going to come out of retirement and try out for the team ? NO MORE BRONCOS !!!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read