Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2008   #61
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the injury list begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Though he never threw a pass. Even you smack is weak.
Yes but I have seen vy throw and 7 year old girls are laughing all over the world.
Old 07-29-2008   #62
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD!!!! THE MORE YOU SPEAK SOMETHING, THE MORE IT STARTS TO MANIFEST! WE WILL BE HEALTHY, WE WILL BE HEALTHY, WE WILL BE HEALTHY!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #63
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

exactly, I don't like seeing this thread on the first page (as I add to it)
as far as the thread topic goes
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #64
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

the two of you should really think about what you're doing....
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #65
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Do these guys get paid even if they don't make the squad? I assume that the signing bonus is earned and in the bank.
Typically when a guy gets cut before the season starts, the signing bonus is in the bank but the base salary and in-season roster bonuses and incentives are forfeited. There are some cases where there's guaranteed base salary in the first two years of player contracts and that would have to be paid if the player is cut - and is also a dead money consideration on the cap as long as there's still a cap.

They structured Ahman Green's roster bonus in a unique way such that it's earned week to week - up to 500k this season - but only if he's game active (on the 45 man gameday roster).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #66
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

At least it isn't ankle injuries like a couple years ago...

Those are long recoveries...
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #67
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

So, who besides AJ is on the list so far? I believe Mike Bell also tweaked a hammy, right?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-02-2008   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So, who besides AJ is on the list so far? I believe Mike Bell also tweaked a hammy, right?
Yes, and Mario broke his leg.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #69
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Chris Brown, sore back.
Jacoby Jones, bad foot... although I think he's back.
Scott Jackson, bad foot.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Weary and Mike Bell are behind the power curve as far as conditioning goes. It really showed with Bell today. He pulled up lame trying to keep up with our guys who are in shape.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I know there are a few trolls waiting anxiously on the edge of their seats ready to point fingers and say ha ha if/when Brown washes out, but the reality is that the Texans didn't invest much in him, so in terms of financials, it's certainly not a big deal. He got two years with a 800k signing bonus and a base this year just above minimum for his tenure (700k). If he can't stay on the field - boom outta here - move on and they'll get someone else to replace him.

AG is the one who needs to put the yards where his money is this year. RB is obviously still a work in progress on this team and with other holes gradually getting filled, and the age/injury history of AG and CB, I would expect a new feature back in the fold next season whether it be through the draft or FA. I think Slaton's niche will be 3rd downs and other situational deals.
I hope this prophecy works out like it did when the Texans drafted DD with the same vision for DD's role: 3rd downs, special teams, etc.

For some reason, I think Steve is going to blow up like DD did. He's in the perfect spot to do it (Gibbs, best O-line we've had, competent QBs, and ailing RBs that he ought to be able to surge ahead of in the depth chart).

Slaton, Walker, and Taylor are fine by me. The other three? Meh.
Old 08-02-2008   #72
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I hope this prophecy works out like it did when the Texans drafted DD with the same vision for DD's role: 3rd downs, special teams, etc.

For some reason, I think Steve is going to blow up like DD did. He's in the perfect spot to do it (Gibbs, best O-line we've had, competent QBs, and ailing RBs that he ought to be able to surge ahead of in the depth chart).

Slaton, Walker, and Taylor are fine by me. The other three? Meh.
I hate to say this out loud -- or at least type it where people can see it -- but I agree with you about Slaton. I'm half expecting this guy to totally surprise everyone and become a feature back.

I can't wait to see him on the field.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A positive point was brought out in the Chronicle this morning:

Quote:
Johnson's unfortunate hitch in his stride notwithstanding, the Texans are off to a promising start. uibiak points out that he brought 89 players in last summer but had only 69 of them left on the field for the second Saturday practice. This year, 74 of 79 (Dunta Robinson, recovering from a major knee injury, is the 80th Texan) were full practice-worthy after nine days.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #74
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yes, and Mario broke his leg.

i prob shouldnt say it but for a few weeks now, ive just had a strange, ominous feeling when mario is mentioned thats hes going to get a bad injury.. almost like things are going too well for him

hopefully its just me being stupid
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #75
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

a few updates on injury situations:

from ht.com:

Ephram Salaam - knee dtd
Quote:
His knee has been bothering him since he woke up this morning, bothering him a lot. So were getting that looked at right now.
Fred Weary - leg dtd
Quote:
We do have results back on Fred. It would be hard for me to explain, really... It has to do with the screw placements that were placed in his leg when he had the surgery that are bothering him, but I know hes not close.
Scott Jackson - i can't remember dtd

Kubiak expressed some pretty decent concern over depth of the OLine. Signs suggest they may look to bring someone else in:
Quote:
I dont know. Him and Scott (Jackson), its kind of the same thing. We lost both of them and we thought we were looking at a short period of time for getting them back. Were holding on, so to speak, trying to wait for both of them to get back healthy and now that process is getting rather lengthy. Our problems have been compounded a little bit up front. Its just something we got to deal with and work through. Its taking a lot of our time right now, (General Manager) Rick (Smith) and my time, as we move forward here in camp.
Antuan Molden - hamstring? been rested and should play Sat.

that's all i've got. feel free to correct me.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I am beginning to have some serious concerns with what is being revealed on Fred Weary's condition. After the type of injury he sustained with apparent plate and screw reduction/stabilization, as many as 1/3 of patients can have significant and many times debilitating postoperative pain. Many of these cases are felt related to the hardware. If screws have loosened in the bone and the hardware is not entirely secure...........could be best case scenario. However, for those that opt to have their hardware removed in the typical patient without any definitive cause being determined, only about 50% seem to obtain any significant improvement. In a football player, these are obviously more of a concern than for the average "couch potato."

BTW, here is the LINK to the comments on Weary and others.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #77
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I may be talking out of my ass here, but did Weary not work out during training camp? Did I read it somewhere, or has he been away since the surgery?
Old 08-08-2008   #78
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this thread.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #79
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I may be talking out of my ass here, but did Weary not work out during training camp? Did I read it somewhere, or has he been away since the surgery?
He was doing quite a bit a the beginning of TC. He was actually pushing Brisiel for the starting spot until this happened.

IMO, Kubiak's tone during post practice interviews would lead me to believe that it doesn't look too good Weary this season.
Old 08-08-2008   #80
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He was doing quite a bit a the beginning of TC. He was actually pushing Brisiel for the starting spot until this happened.

IMO, Kubiak's tone during post practice interviews would lead me to believe that it doesn't look too good Weary this season.
Thanks, I'm not being a complete ***** then

Depending on what they think are the chances of him ever getting ready again, they'll IR him, or release him. I'm hoping IR.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read