Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2008   #41
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: the injury list begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What are you talking about?
Another one of your bad dream? LOL!
Ha ... you know what the I am thinking.

The C Brown saga begins.

He is going to be a debated topic on this team for a couple years before everyone including the coaches give up on him. I will admit I was a huge fan when he came out ... and when he lit up the Jags last season it was a work of art.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

The C Brown saga begins.

He is going to be a debated topic on this team for a couple years before everyone including the coaches give up on him. I will admit I was a huge fan when he came out ... and when he lit up the Jags last season it was a work of art.
I was hoping to get a few good games out of him this year but so far from the TC reports, I'm wondering if he's even going to make the team.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #43
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The C Brown saga begins.

what the hell are you talking about?

He'll be cut before the Cowboys game if he keep performing like this in practices pre-season games. Mike Bell would probably take his spot if he does get cut.

And if you check back in the thread when we got him, it wasn't like we were pinning him as our survivor. We all knew about his health problems, and were in the wait in see mode.

I don't know how you would define saga, but 1 1/2 month is a pretty short era.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #44
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was hoping to get a few good games out of him this year but so far from the TC reports, I'm wondering if he's even going to make the team.
Oh he will be back trust me ... Christy Brown will blow up in the first 5 games. It will not makes sense and right as you gave up on him he will shine. The rest of the season people will point to which ever game that is and say remember game x? He can be great ....

Old 07-28-2008   #45
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
what the hell are you talking about?

He'll be cut before the Cowboys game if he keep performing like this in practices pre-season games. Mike Bell would probably take his spot if he does get cut.

And if you check back in the thread when we got him, it wasn't like we were pinning him as our survivor. We all knew about his health problems, and were in the wait in see mode.

I don't know how you would define saga, but 1 1/2 month is a pretty short era.
Want to put your sig on the line for a month that he makes the team?

Old 07-28-2008   #46
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Want to put your sig on the line for a month that he makes the team?
That's not the point.

The point was that you think he's going to still be on this team even though he's showing that he is injury-prone and lazy so far in camp. We 4 RBs that performing better then him in camp. So tell me why you think he is going stay around, when he's the worst. What makes you think he'd stick around long enough to make us talk about him for years?

It seems like you have no idea what you're talking about. I was just pointing that out, just like you pointed out Chris Brown being DTD.

Either he shape-up and show the coach what he can be, or he doesn't. If he doesn't then he'll be cut.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #47
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

I never understood why he kept making hte Titans but he did. The anomaly that is C Brown makes no sense really.

Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2008   #48
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never understood why he kept making hte Titans but he did. The anomaly that is C Brown makes no sense really.
If he cant perform he will not be around. We have plenty of backs on the roster someone taking up space does nothing for the team. The tinheads kept him cause he probably throws the ball better than vy.
Old 07-29-2008   #49
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just when he was getting national pub as a top tier elite back in this league, little ol' Jason Simmons came along and took him out. Still to this day, that's one of the biggest football collisions I have ever seen, the sound from the collision was deafening. (they looked like two rams colliding.....the question of "what happens when a unstoppable force meets a immovable object was answered"....total carnage) There wasn't a winner in that hit........both players were destroyed and lost.

Man, I wish I still had video on that hit.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-29-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Just when he was getting national pub as a top tier elite back in this league, little ol' Jason Simmons came along and took him out. Still to this day, that's one of the biggest football collisions I have ever seen, the sound from the collision was deafening. (they looked like two rams colliding.....the question of "what happens when a unstoppable force meets a immovable object was answered"....total carnage) There wasn't a winner in that hit........both players were destroyed and lost.

Man, I wish I still had video on that hit.
You should search for it on here. I think it's been linked a couple of times.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #51
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
If he cant perform he will not be around. We have plenty of backs on the roster someone taking up space does nothing for the team. The tinheads kept him cause he probably throws the ball better than vy.
Though he never threw a pass. Even you smack is weak.

Old 07-29-2008   #52
Eight Gov
Rookie

As long as we're not as bad as the Redskins. They lost like five players already!
Eight Gov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #53
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Though he never threw a pass. Even you smack is weak.
Could say the same about your spelling.
Old 07-29-2008   #54
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
HT.com mentioned him as a backup MLB. Odd, Kubiak was quoted as saying Bentley was backing up Ryans. I don't know where I got it in my head that Thompson was working at OLB as well as the DE position but I know that he's in the mix as a situational pass rusher. That doesn't have to mean it's as a DE though i guess.

in other news, HT.com also has it that Faggins has missed time due to a hamstring.

So, as of today:

Thompson - 8 to 10 days (hamstring)
Chris Brown - dtd (back)
Jones - dtd (foot)
Faggins - unknown (hamstring)

did I miss anybody?
I don't think you did...

I think that there's too much talent out there this year.
what's the old saying?
"ya can't make the club from the tub"

Last edited by ObsiWan; 07-29-2008 at 05:04 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #55
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
That's not the point.

The point was that you think he's going to still be on this team even though he's showing that he is injury-prone and lazy so far in camp. We 4 RBs that performing better then him in camp. So tell me why you think he is going stay around, when he's the worst. What makes you think he'd stick around long enough to make us talk about him for years?

It seems like you have no idea what you're talking about. I was just pointing that out, just like you pointed out Chris Brown being DTD.

Either he shape-up and show the coach what he can be, or he doesn't. If he doesn't then he'll be cut.
Whut he said. That is the bottom line; we have other options.

- Green looks healthy and actually better than I recall him looking last year.
- Slaton will be here because of the speed dimension he brings.
- Taylor is making himself valuable by learning a second position, FB.
- Walker, so far, is having the best camp of all RBs.

We're not "married" to Chris Brown like the Titans were because of our other options. The Titans were "married" to Chris Brown because when they drafted Brown, they used it as an excuse to cut Eddie George. When you cut one of the biggest parts of your offense, one of the faces of your franchise and, a Heisman Trophy winner, for a Chris Brown; you've painted yourself into a corner where you almost have give him every chance to produce. That's why Chris Brown was given 3-4 years with the Titans to make a name for himself.
And he did make a name for himself... "talented but undependable".

From the Day 4 post-practice presser

Quote:
“His back was bothering him when he came in this morning and so we have him out of practice and he won’t practice in the afternoon on special teams,” Kubiak said. “We’ll see if his back is better tomorrow.
“It’s part of camp. You’re always going to have things to deal with. But for him to help his football team, he has to be on the field.”
"Missed time is not good time but if your back's bothering you, its bothering you."

Last edited by ObsiWan; 07-29-2008 at 05:21 AM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #56
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there are a few trolls waiting anxiously on the edge of their seats ready to point fingers and say ha ha if/when Brown washes out, but the reality is that the Texans didn't invest much in him, so in terms of financials, it's certainly not a big deal. He got two years with a 800k signing bonus and a base this year just above minimum for his tenure (700k). If he can't stay on the field - boom outta here - move on and they'll get someone else to replace him.

AG is the one who needs to put the yards where his money is this year. RB is obviously still a work in progress on this team and with other holes gradually getting filled, and the age/injury history of AG and CB, I would expect a new feature back in the fold next season whether it be through the draft or FA. I think Slaton's niche will be 3rd downs and other situational deals.

Last edited by aj.; 07-29-2008 at 06:58 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #57
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Brown injury does not suprise me. What would suprise me is if Brown and Green combine to start over six games this year. I see the younger backs getting a LOT of playing time this season. I doubt that either Green or Brown will be on the team next year anyway, so we might as well get used to the others.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #58
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD!!!! THE MORE YOU SPEAK SOMETHING, THE MORE IT STARTS TO MANIFEST! WE WILL BE HEALTHY, WE WILL BE HEALTHY, WE WILL BE HEALTHY!:mshadows:
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #59
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I know there are a few trolls waiting anxiously on the edge of their seats ready to point fingers and say ha ha if/when Brown washes out, but the reality is that the Texans didn't invest much in him, so in terms of financials, it's certainly not a big deal. He got two years with a 800k signing bonus and a base this year just above minimum for his tenure (700k). If he can't stay on the field - boom outta here - move on and they'll get someone else to replace him.

AG is the one who needs to put the yards where his money is this year. RB is obviously still a work in progress on this team and with other holes gradually getting filled, and the age/injury history of AG and CB, I would expect a new feature back in the fold next season whether it be through the draft or FA. I think Slaton's niche will be 3rd downs and other situational deals.
Stupid Question - Do these guys get paid even if they don't make the squad? I assume that the signing bonus is earned and in the bank. There has been a lot of discussion regarding the RBs - and I have come to the conclusion that no one is safe, with the exception of probably Slaton. One of Walker or Taylor seem to be the most likely to be cut intitially, but if Brown can't stay healthy and Walker and Taylor are playing well...Brown should be out.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Stupid Question - Do these guys get paid even if they don't make the squad? I assume that the signing bonus is earned and in the bank. There has been a lot of discussion regarding the RBs - and I have come to the conclusion that no one is safe, with the exception of probably Slaton. One of Walker or Taylor seem to be the most likely to be cut intitially, but if Brown can't stay healthy and Walker and Taylor are playing well...Brown should be out.
Different answers for different players. If we aren't talking injury and are pre-season then they keep their signing bonus but the salary is not typically (Jacques Reeves would be a contrary example) guaranteed. Once the season starts, vets (don't know the tenure cut-off) have this season's salary guaranteed. If a player gets injured there are rules for injury settlements.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read