Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2008   #21
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the injury list begins

that picture is awesome! i think i've seen everything that the chron and ht.com had. where else are there pics like this?

edit:

bullpen photos just posted!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #22
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This thread is a jinx.

Y'all just basically guaranteed a couple of blown out knees, a separated shoulder, and 3 or 4 severely pulled hamstrings and groins.

Our first round left tackle will probably break his leg the first preseason game.
A jink or luck only comes to people that believe in such things....As for me, the Texans will be completely 100% healthy.....ALL SEASON LONG. Speak it, Believe it, and watch it come to be manifested.....
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #23
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
No, why would you post this?! We will make it through TC, preseason and the regular season without any significant injuries. There now...jinx, unjinxed.
Some pretty potent kool-aid in the month of July, I see.

They are gonna happen though, jinx or no jinx.

It's going to be funny to read all the "Why God why?"s from here on out.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #24
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Some pretty potent kool-aid in the month of July, I see.

It's going to be funny to read all the "Why God why?"s from here on out.
Yeah, I know...that's a part of the game but for once, it would be nice having our team at full strength for the season.

And yes, the kool-aid is strong!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Marcus;959925]Some pretty potent kool-aid in the month of July, I see.

It's going to be funny to read all the "Why God why?"s from here on out.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you won't be getting any significant laughs at the expense of hurt players, or passionate posters.
Old 07-26-2008   #26
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that Chris Taylor got banged up today... My dad went to the training camp and said he had to be helped off the field.

Hope he's just goin senile...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #27
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I heard that Chris Taylor got banged up today... My dad went to the training camp and said he had to be helped off the field.

No bang up. Just leg cramps.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2008   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

Nope, dad's not senile. Weather got to him. According to Kubes, happened before too.

Quote:
(on if RB Chris Taylor was cramping) “Yes, just cramping up. You know, he had a little bit of that problem last year; he cramped up on us some. It’s hot and we had some shells on this morning for the first time and had a good long practice, so that’s part of it. You’ve got to keep pushing.”
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #29
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't want to start a new thread...

Jacoby sits because of sore ankle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFFL
Texans | Jones dealing with ankle injury
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:29:56 -0700

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said WR Jacoby Jones (ankle) was bothered by a sore ankle Sunday, July 27, so he was held out of action. Kubiak said all indications were that Jones would be fine.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #30
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

just rub a little dirt on it, he'll be ok.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this has been reported her yet, but Chaun Thompson pulled a hammy this morning and is expected out for 8-10 days. He was showing quite a profile thus far.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #32
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i just read that. so if i've kept track properly he was lining up as a 2 OLB and sometimes a DE in pass situations right? so his competitions are with Diles, Greenwood, Kalu, Colvin, and maybe Bulman i guess? I wonder how big of an issue it is for him to miss that much time. He's in his 5th year i think. Probably not that big of a deal unless he just misses out because he's not around.
Old 07-28-2008   #33
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't think this has been reported her yet, but Chaun Thompson pulled a hammy this morning and is expected out for 8-10 days. He was showing quite a profile thus far.
Is he playing as DE or LB in practices? I know he's suppose to be a situational pass-rusher, but maybe he can exceed people expectation and become a SLB.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #34
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that mostly at LB and plugged in at DE on on passing downs.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #35
barrett
Hall of Fame

HT.com mentioned him as a backup MLB. Odd, Kubiak was quoted as saying Bentley was backing up Ryans. I don't know where I got it in my head that Thompson was working at OLB as well as the DE position but I know that he's in the mix as a situational pass rusher. That doesn't have to mean it's as a DE though i guess.

in other news, HT.com also has it that Faggins has missed time due to a hamstring.

So, as of today:

Thompson - 8 to 10 days (hamstring)
Chris Brown - dtd (back)
Jones - dtd (foot)
Faggins - unknown (hamstring)

did I miss anybody?
Old 07-28-2008   #36
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Chris Brown - dtd (back)

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #37
Toro59
Rookie

Just looking at the title of this thread on the main page makes my heart drop.
But it's like a car wreck, I have to look everytime I get on here. Here's to less injury's in '08.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
What are you talking about?
Another one of your bad dream? LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #39
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Thompson ended Sunday's practice with a large wrap on above his knee. I thought it was knee but the ice bag may have been on the back - could have aggravated something from yesterday, thinking he could go. I know Thompson worked at 2nd team MLB Sunday before he went out. Can't say I noticed him anywhere else.

edit: going back and reading the Day 4 camp report, I'm pretty sure that Thompson's injury happened on Sunday morning and it just got reported today. It didn't say when it happened in the article and they wouldn't know the 8-10 day thing right after practice had it happened today.

Last edited by aj.; 07-28-2008 at 05:30 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #40
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro59 View Post
Just looking at the title of this thread on the main page makes my heart drop.
But it's like a car wreck, I have to look everytime I get on here. Here's to less injury's in '08.
So far, they are just minor training camp injuries. Happens to every team. Let's hope it doesn't get worse.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read