Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default the injury list

brisel may have broken his nose friday afternoon. we'll find out if he misses any time tomorrow.

Quote:
“I know he got a cut under his eye, but Mike wasn’t that good looking the first time around,” Kubiak joked. “He will be alright.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4422

it's all in good fun until somebody looses some reps.

the "broken nose" comment is from Meg Manfull at Chron.com

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...ff_as_cam.html
Old 07-25-2008   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: the injury list begins

Let's hope that is as bad as it gets.
Old 07-25-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Ditto.
Old 07-25-2008   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

i am hoping we can get out of TC relatively injury-free. it looks like Kubes and Co. are trying their best to make that happen.
Old 07-25-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I shoulda hadda v-8

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
brisel may have broken his nose friday afternoon. we'll find out if he misses any time tomorrow.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4422

it's all in good fun until somebody looses some reps.

the "broken nose" comment is from Meg Manfull at Chron.com

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...ff_as_cam.html
If Brisel misses reps over a broken nose somebody needs to pull his man card. A broken nose is nothing. Just slap a Rip Hamilton mask on him and send him back out there.

P.S.

I agree with Kubiak, it's probably a improvement to his face.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-25-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #7
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

It's been 2 years since my last post on the boards, so the one and only PittBull makes his return. In my return, I make this my first comment. BE POSITIVE! The best thing we can do is pray for the health of every player, from 1 to 80. This game is about health and becoming a unit. If we can do that, we can expect a big year. I personally prayed with a prayer before camp, and I expect him to do big things this year. You mark my words, if were on one accord off the field, they will be on one accord on it!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2008   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

a few guys tore acl's, achilles etc in other camps on the first day.. il take a cut/broken nose without getting into a tizzy
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

While getting wacked in the nose smarts like all get out, it is really nothing other than a boo-boo, he will be fine. In the words of Ray Nitzki "Blood makes the grass grow". Looks like they may need to make a pass or two with the mower.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard this earlier today but if this is as bad as it gets then I'm okay with it. Brisiel knows that if he puts up a good training camp he could be in the running for Weary's starters spot. I don't think a player like him would let a busted nose hold him back when he's this close to getting a starters role.
Old 07-26-2008   #11
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: the injury list begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull3 View Post
It's been 2 years since my last post on the boards, so the one and only PittBull makes his return. In my return, I make this my first comment. BE POSITIVE! The best thing we can do is pray for the health of every player, from 1 to 80. This game is about health and becoming a unit. If we can do that, we can expect a big year. I personally prayed with a prayer before camp, and I expect him to do big things this year. You mark my words, if were on one accord off the field, they will be on one accord on it!
That is my kind of 2 year post. I love the enthusiasm. Lots of prayer. Lock it up!
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A broken nose is nothing. I hope no one gets seriously injured during training camp.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #13
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

I shoulda hadda v-8
In my best english accent, "It's just a flesh wound". I hope this is as bad as it gets.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #14
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
In my best english accent, "It's just a flesh wound". I hope this is as bad as it gets.
"It's just a flesh wound"

There you go, done in a real English accent. lol.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #15
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
That is my kind of 2 year post. I love the enthusiasm. Lots of prayer. Lock it up!

It's the only thing that is going to keep the players healthy!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

they ran the video of the play on KPRC, and he barely even broke stride with his nose getting busted. Weaver said sorry or something like that, and Briesel just said it's cool, I'm ok.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Brisiel was out there today running with the one's. He's ok.
Old 07-26-2008   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, the title of this thread had me thinking the worse . Its just a broken nose ............

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is a jinx.

Y'all just basically guaranteed a couple of blown out knees, a separated shoulder, and 3 or 4 severely pulled hamstrings and groins.

Our first round left tackle will probably break his leg the first preseason game.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #20
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This thread is a jinx.

Y'all just basically guaranteed a couple of blown out knees, a separated shoulder, and 3 or 4 severely pulled hamstrings and groins.

Our first round left tackle will probably break his leg the first preseason game.
No, why would you post this?! We will make it through TC, preseason and the regular season without any significant injuries. There now...jinx, unjinxed.

Last edited by alphajoker; 07-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read