Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008   #101
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Cloak:

Here's where I saw it.

BTW, gary, thank you for posting all those observations on so many guys. Good stuff.

Thanks. Now, I really hope it's not a lingering result or reinjury of his left knee injury of last year.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #102
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to add my voice to the chorus of people saying "thanks, guys." I really wish I could be there and see all this. Like GP, I'm like an expectant father waiting for news from the delivery room and I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing bringing that news out to us.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #103
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't see anything about Schaub in the video. I didn't notice a knee wrapped or anything, but I don't know when the video was made
day 2
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4427

I want to echo the "Thanks guys" for the reports
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #104
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

toward the end of the day 2 video(about2/3- 3/4 of the way) .. Schaub has a white wrap on his right knee or it was above it as he is throwing a pass to AJ

was a quick clip.. not sure if it was much of anything
Old 07-27-2008   #105
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed the Schaub knee wrap yesterday too. Looked more like a protective thing - like a thin ace-wrap. I didn't notice it this morning but I wasn't looking for it. Andy's pictures should capture it if it's there again. He took his normal amount of reps and was moving around fine so I doubt if it's a major concern.

I am a lttle concerned about Chaun Thompson. He limped off about halfway through practice and later we saw him with a large ice wrap on his left knee. He stayed on the sideline the rest of practice.

There was a lot of hitting today and the defense made up for yesterday. Earl Cochran coming clean and blasting Chris Taylor in the backfield set the tone for the day.

Petey was still out. ND didn't suit up. Colvin was out there. It was full pads today (at least they wore pants). Another very pleasant morning out there with the breeze making it very comfortable.

Someone was asking about 2nd team secondary yesterday. Not sure about yesterday but today it was Ferguson and Earl at the safeties with Molden and Fletcher getting most of the 2nd team CB reps. I recall seeing Harrison get a few second team reps, but not many. Nickel is Fred, Reeves, and Molden. I saw Jimmy Williams in there on 2nd team nickel.

Molden got a little work on first team and Andre made him look pretty bad on one play late in practice. Molden lined up in press and at the snap Andre gave Molden a right hand punch to the chest sending Molden flying backward about 5 yards. AJ did a quick look in and Schaub delivered a strike. Yes, it wasn't fair. I'm very excited about Molden. He's raw but you can tell he has tons of ability. After one particularly bad play, Hoke yelled him off the field but then Rhodes came over and had a nice calming 'good cop' face to face counseling session with him on the sideline. There's the benefit of having a guy like Rhodes around.

Second team OL is Salaam - Studdard - White - Jackson/Weary - Butler. It's amazing to see Weary out there. He looks almost as good as new.

First team LBs were Diles-Ryans-Greenwood. Second team was Adibi-Thompson(until he got hurt) and Bentley. I remember seeing Marcus Richardson get a lot of reps today. Colvin was situational DE.

Ben Moffitt looks like a football player. Eslinger needs to do something about his hair. Frank Okam is huge.

Slaton showed good burst around the corner a few times. I think that will be his niche, along with passes out of the backfield which we haven't see much of in practice thus far.

Someone needs to find out why they changed up their stretching routine and what's behind it.

Last edited by aj.; 07-27-2008 at 01:23 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #106
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will chime in, thanks for posting all this stuff. It is very helpful to those of us not there.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #107
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Appreciate the updates.. Has anyone focused at all on Jacoby Jones and how he's looked so far? I read he made a nice grab on Friday, but haven't heard anything since.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2008   #108
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Forgot to mention Jacoby. He looked a little gimpy after practice this morning. Didn't appear serious but he was walking with a slight limp after they took the pads off. Just getting used to full contact again, I think.

Jacoby hasn't really stood out to me - yesterday or today. He was shagging punts with Fletcher today.

It's still too early to draw any conclusions from any of this stuff.
Old 07-27-2008   #109
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Appreciate the updates.. Has anyone focused at all on Jacoby Jones and how he's looked so far? I read he made a nice grab on Friday, but haven't heard anything since.
JJ's been doing ok. He hasn't had many balls thrown his way. I think he might have rolled his ankle on a punt return. He seemed to be limping alot afterwards. Probably nothing to be concerned about, but it was noticable towards the end of practice.

There were alot of passes thrown underneath to the TE's and RB's today. Our TE's look good, except Bruener.

IMO, MW was destroying Brown in the 11 on 11 drills. He appeared to handle Rosey decently.

Slaton, Taylor and Green looked good today as well. I've yet to be impressed with Chris Brown.

Fred Bennett had a couple knockdowns against Walter.

Schaub's deep ball wasn't very good today. He seemed to underthrow a few that should've been thrown over the shoulder.

Overall, I think the defense won the battle today. The team looks decent for a 3rd day practice.
Old 07-27-2008   #110
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post

Molden got a little work on first team and Andre made him look pretty bad on one play late in practice. Molden lined up in press and at the snap Andre gave Molden a right hand punch to the chest sending Molden flying backward about 5 yards. AJ did a quick look in and Schaub delivered a strike. Yes, it wasn't fair. I'm very excited about Molden. He's raw but you can tell he has tons of ability.
Sounds like Molden got a lil' 'Welcome to the NFL' lesson from AJ. Thanks for the update as well as to everyone else. I'll be there next Saturday morning for sure.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #111
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone was asking about 2nd team secondary yesterday. Not sure about yesterday but today it was Ferguson and Earl at the safeties...
Thanks for the update (and thanks to everyone for sharing their perceptions). It's interesting that the Texans would pair 2 guys at safety who have spent most of their career at SS.

Anyone have some thoughts on Alex Brink? From the clips I've seen in Texans TV (on HT.com), he was throwing wounded ducks. Does Brink look like someone worth a roster spot?
Old 07-27-2008   #112
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Forgot to mention Jacoby. He looked a little gimpy after practice this morning. Didn't appear serious but he was walking with a slight limp after they took the pads off. Just getting used to full contact again, I think.

Jacoby hasn't really stood out to me - yesterday or today. He was shagging punts with Fletcher today.

It's still too early to draw any conclusions from any of this stuff.

JJ did have a very good PR on one of the plays.

Also aj great report from this morning.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #113
Wolf
100% Texan

Default Re: Where is Rosevelt Colvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
d-like looked fine...there is only so much you can tell when they are in shells this early in camp. Everyone seemed to be in great shape. Okoye is much smaller than Okam. Okam seems big even when standing around the big guys.
You weren't kidding Vinny

Old 07-27-2008   #114
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Some thoughts that I had:

Bennett looked great. Had a knockdown against Walter, and I thought the other one was on AJ, but I guess I could be wrong. Reeves got burned a few times. I'm not too sure about him, I guess he's good but I haven't seen it quite yet.

Adibi looked pretty decent with some nice side to side speed. He took more 2nd team reps today, but he did come out with the 1st team a few times. I'm really liking him as a pick.

Saw Colvin playing and he didn't do anything that was out and out great. Looked like he's got a decent amount of speed (More than Kalu has in past seasons).

Alex Gibbs is constantly on the offensive lines ass, and specifically Brown. Brown took snaps with all 3 teams and basically looks like they are just trying to wear him out. Seems to have a lot of heart and always gets back up no matter how tired he is. Doesn't look that great right now, hopefully Alex Gibbs magic works with Brown. Me and my dad were calling him the "little general".

John McClain looked fat as ever. I don't know if he was able to actually watch anything other than the 11 on 11 drills.

Slaton looks like he has tons of speed to get to the outside and around the edge. Between the tackles, not so much, although Walker looked a lot better today than I imagined he would. Chris Brown was a little unimpressive. Ahman looked real good.

AJ was definitely being AJ out there. Couldn't tell that he has had 2 knee surgeries in the past year. I think McCoy made some decent grabs. He could push Anderson who dropped some balls. Jacoby had only a few balls thrown his way.

Noticed Dunta basically mentoring Molden when the 1st team was on the field, liked that. He was showing him where to put his hands and some other things, talking to him a lot. Dunta didn't run (used the bikes) so I couldn't tell if he was limping at all or not.

That's about all I got. It was real nice outside today. Perfect day to watch football.
Old 07-27-2008   #115
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I saw CT walk off the field it made me worry just a little bit I'm hoping it's not too bad. Leach has good hands. Green had some more good runs today. McCoy had some nice grabs watch out Anderson. AJ had some nice plays along with AD. Matt was under throwing the ball somewhat and a couple were over thrown. Fred B. had a couple of really nice blows on KW.
Old 07-27-2008   #116
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys, for my daily Texans fix......again!

Old 07-27-2008   #117
Danish_bull
Rookie

I appreciate all of you who are atattended to this year camp. Great stuff to read and very nice information for me who really never had the opportunity to went to Houston and watch the TC.

Please continue to report stuff!
Danish_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #118
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's interesting that the Texans would pair 2 guys at safety who have spent most of their career at SS.
It wasn't an isolated case either - that was the alignment on almost every second team rep. I was expecting to see more of Harrison. But you never know how the coaches might be distributing reps. Pecking order will become clearer when the preseason games begin.

I didn't see Brink throw this morning. Boyd had most if not all the 3rd team reps. Too early to tell on Brink. Yesterday he showed pretty good arm strength on some short pops over the middle but you could time his 15 yard out with a sundial.
Old 07-27-2008   #119
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It would not shock me at all if with in the next few years or so to see Brink as at least a number two guy in the NFL.
Old 07-27-2008   #120
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Boyd had most if not all the 3rd team reps. Too early to tell on Brink. Yesterday he showed pretty good arm strength on some short pops over the middle but you could time his 15 yard out with a sundial.
How did Boyd look with the 3rd string guys?

P.S. Thanks guys for keeping us informed!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read