Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2008   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 2008

I think we will have a piece on Okam at the .com shortly...the camera crew was on him at the end of practice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #62
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is Rosevelt Colvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It was great seeing some of you guys today....great to have football back on the week-to-week again. Looks like everyone was in great shape and it seems like there was more contact than at this time last year. Jesse Nading stood out and I thought Mouldin looked abit like Chris Dishman as far as bodytypes go....thin waist, long arms and had smooth hip turn. If I was to bet right now I'd say Salaam is going to start vs Pittsburgh.
So I take it Brown didn't start off to good. I know they showed a little of Day 1 on Fox last night and he got beat by Colvin.

I wish I could be there!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
So I take it Brown didn't start off to good. I know they showed a little of Day 1 on Fox last night and he got beat by Colvin.

I wish I could be there!
Brown is gonna get a lot of reps but he is raw...and will continue to be raw for a little while. He didn't look "bad". It's hard to look too good or too bad at this stage in the game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #64
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brown is gonna get a lot of reps but he is raw...and will continue to be raw for a little while. He didn't look "bad". It's hard to look too good or too bad at this stage in the game.
Yep, that's why they are there. I'm confident Gibbs will have the youngster ready for opening day.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #65
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Did Taylor see any reps at FB? Anyone else besides Leach or Cook at FB?
I didn't see anyone else at FB.

Quote:
Who was running 2nd team O-line?
I remember seeing Butler at RT, Jackson, Studdard, Salaam and I don't know who the other guard was.

Quote:
What were the safety groupings? Did the 2 Brandons play together?
Brown and Demps were starting. Earl and Ferguson were 2nd team and the two Brandons were alternating with Barber being the other safety.

Quote:
Who did Andre Davis beat on those bombs?
It looked like one was Reeves and the other was was Roberson.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I'm out in Cali and will miss training camp for the 1st time. I know a lot of other fans are in a similar position and appreciate the info.
No problem!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #66
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are right. Tomorrow I think that I will sit at the top of the bleachers, farthest to the left. I will probably be able to gauge the action way better from there.
Old 07-26-2008   #67
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I remember seeing Butler at RT, Jackson, Studdard, Salaam and I don't know who the other guard was.
That seems to be the case from Bullpen Andy's pic, with Chris White at Center.
Old 07-26-2008   #68
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
That seems to be the case from Bullpen Andy's pic, with Chris White at Center.
Yeah, I forgot the center not the guard. Not bad depth at all.

Vinny is right, I heard more pops of equipment today too.

I forgot to mention the play where Diles popped Darius Walker. Didn't see it because someone was walking in front of me, but I did hear it.
Old 07-26-2008   #69
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Presser after today's camp stuff:

Link

Highlights:

Kubiak:
Quote:
(on T Duane Brown) “Just got gassed, you know. Taking a lot of reps, which he’s going to do, and he’s a little bit overweight right now. So we’ve got to push him, and he’s got to catch up with the rest of his teammates. In this business, you’ve got to be able to go all day and he’s figuring that out, and we’ve got to catch him up with everybody else.”
My comment: He looked a lot uh fluffier than the other linemen. Pitts looked in particularly good shape for him.

Kubiak:
Quote:
(on LB Rosevelt Colvin not practicing) “Rosevelt, well, I’m going to alternate him and (DE) N.D. (Kalu). I’m going to rotate them at practices, so I gave Rosevelt this morning. He’ll work in the afternoon; N.D. will take the afternoon off. I’ve got a big group of players I’ll be doing that (with) starting right now.”

(on if LB Rosevelt Colvin and DE N.D. Kalu are competing with one another for a roster spot) “I wouldn’t – I mean, everybody’s competing for a job. What I would say is they’re a lot alike as players, you know. They’re undersized ends that rush the passer. So from that standpoint, they’re very much alike and they’ve both been playing a long time, so I think it’s natural for us to stagger them in practice and let them get to the point where they can be as good as they can be and then let it work itself out.”

Quote:
(on if RB Chris Taylor was cramping) “Yes, just cramping up. You know, he had a little bit of that problem last year; he cramped up on us some. It’s hot and we had some shells on this morning for the first time and had a good long practice, so that’s part of it. You’ve got to keep pushing.”
Andre Johnson:
Quote:
(on how he is feeling) “Yesterday, I didn’t feel too good, to be honest. You know, I was kind of winded. But today, I feel real good. I don’t really know what it was – maybe the heat got to me. But today, I came out and played a lot better, maybe through the whole practice, but I’m feeling good right now.”

(on his knee) “My knee is feeling fine. I haven’t really had any problems with it. When I am out running routes, when I break down, I have no problems, no pain and no nothing. I still go in and do some things just for precaution. But other than that, it is feeling fine. I’m just trying to get ready for the season.”
Steve Slaton:
Quote:
(on the jumping into the Bullpen) “Hopefully. Hopefully, I’ll do it every game."

(on visiting the Hall of Fame with the rookies) “It’s very important to me. It's one of the proudest moments of my life. You get to see the people that laid down the foundation to play football and see how it keeps revolving."

(on what inspired him most on the trip) “The Jim Brown, the Walter Payton, the Emmitt Smith and the breaking of the rushing record. That’s one of the things I wanted to see and take some pictures of."

(on following in their footsteps) “Just the longevity in my career, that’s all.”
So there you go.
Old 07-26-2008   #70
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Are they allowing fans to get autographs from players or any of that sort of feel good stuff?

Also, Chris Taylor needs to remain as healthy as possible if he wants to remain on the team.
Yep. The autograph session was in full effect. I understand that you need a wristband to be permitted in the autograph line. I heard, from folks in the crowd, that some people got there before daybreak to get in line to get wristbands.

Chris Taylor had to be helped off the field at one point. But later he was up "walking it off".
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #71
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 20008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Shaft, I think it was a cramp in the calf. I watched him after he walked behind the players with the trainer and they were rubbing down his calf. They were also throwing alot of gatorade at him. He'll be ok.

He was there after practice with his jersey and tennis shoes. I don't know where he was during practice.

The only ones I saw rehabbing were D-Rob and Faggins.

IMO, the practice was kinda sluggish today.

Green and Slaton had good runs.

AJ's a beast.

OD made some good grabs.

Krause was my surprise of the day. He reeled in a few nice balls. Might spell the end for Bruener who couldn't catch anything thrown at him today.
Agree that A.J. is a beast.
The surprise of this morning's session was Andre Davis. He beat the D deep at least twice; adjusting to some balls that weren't exactly "perfectly thrown". I don't recall seeing him drop anything that was thrown in his direction.

Darius Walker looked like he's trying very hard not to be the odd RB out. He's not as speedy as Slaton, but he used his blocking much better than everyone else. Chris Brown looked fairly decent too.

Some of the DTs, Okoye, Okam, Gabe Long, and one other guy who's number slips my memory, were the last guys to leave the practice field. They worked with the DL coaches a good 15-20 minutes later than everyone else on technique.

Will Demps stayed late doing wind sprints.

I like to make note of the guys who stay behind to put in that little extra.
Old 07-26-2008   #72
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
It was great seeing some of you guys today....great to have football back on the week-to-week again. Looks like everyone was in great shape and it seems like there was more contact than at this time last year. Jesse Nading stood out and I thought Mouldin looked abit like Chris Dishman as far as bodytypes go....thin waist, long arms and had smooth hip turn. If I was to bet right now I'd say Salaam is going to start vs Pittsburgh.
It was great to meet you guys too! I'll see you out there tomorrow morning.
Old 07-26-2008   #73
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yep. The autograph session was in full effect. I understand that you need a wristband to be permitted in the autograph line. I heard, from folks in the crowd, that some people got there before daybreak to get in line to get wristbands.

Chris Taylor had to be helped off the field at one point. But later he was up "walking it off".
Thanks for the info bro, I would rep you but apparently you post too well as it is.
Old 07-26-2008   #74
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Got it covered.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #75
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks everyone for the recaps! It is so awesome to be able to here this stuff from first hand observers.

How did Schaub look out there, was he sharp?
Old 07-26-2008   #76
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Thanks everyone for the recaps! It is so awesome to be able to here this stuff from first hand observers.

How did Schaub look out there, was he sharp?
He had at least one nice deep throw to Davis. Some bread and butter passes to AJ. I was trying to watch the trenches more. I am curious about his leg, though. Does anyone know what happened to his thigh? His knee and thigh were wrapped up.
Old 07-26-2008   #77
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 20008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Darius Walker looked like he's trying very hard not to be the odd RB out. He's not as speedy as Slaton, but he used his blocking much better than everyone else. Chris Brown looked fairly decent too.
As A fan of the Irish I am really pulling for Darius.

I think he got a hard lesson in "desire to play" from Kubiak last year.

Old 07-26-2008   #78
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
He had at least one nice deep throw to Davis. Some bread and butter passes to AJ. I was trying to watch the trenches more. I am curious about his leg, though. Does anyone know what happened to his thigh? His knee and thigh were wrapped up.
he took a bad whack to it during the falcons.. im guessing this is the result

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802d22f0 at 3:30

who is frye and weary playing with? i think RG could be an interesting TC battle

Last edited by Maddict5; 07-26-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #79
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my training camp report:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/07/26/h...p-photo-essay/

It's more of a talking about camp and relating it to quotes from the last couple of days sort of thing, but there may be some pictures people want to see.

It was great seeing more people from the MB at camp.
Old 07-26-2008   #80
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

All the guys looked a little slugish out there today but will improve as training camp goes on. Pitts looked like he was in good shape along with Fred W. AD had a couple of catches of passes that weren't really placed all that well. I didn't see much of JJ. Leach was the only FB that I saw. Green had some nice runs so did Salton. He showed some burst of speed but not too much but he will get there. Nothing really that great from MW that I saw but he did not have a bad practice. AO number 91 looked ok as well but again nothing great. Mark B. looked very bad dropping every pass that came his way. D. Walker played like he did not want to be the odd man out, no one does. Matt did throw some questionable passes but I know he will work that out with the coaches. He also looked like he hurt a little bit. He did have his knee wrapped up and I hope it is nothing too bad.

Last edited by gary; 07-26-2008 at 05:20 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read