Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2008   #201
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 2008

If you get a chance ti come u..... Wait molden was on dre and play the ball perfectly on a 15 yard slant , tipped it to brown and then to colvin for the int. What a play by molden!!!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #202
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Passing offense is looking pretty nice today with the wind at their backs, in the team scrimmage.
Old 07-30-2008   #203
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
If you get a chance ti come u..... Wait molden was on dre and play the ball perfectly on a 15 yard slant , tipped it to brown and then to colvin for the int. What a play by molden!!!
What is was saying before that play is if you come out here, make it to the back fence by the goalpost to watch the line and their pass rush drills. It was awesome to watch. Colvin didn't really impress me though...
Old 07-30-2008   #204
Polo

Thanks for the play by play...
Old 07-30-2008   #205
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is was saying before that play is if you come out here, make it to the back fence by the goalpost to watch the line and their pass rush drills. It was awesome to watch. Colvin didn't really impress me though...
Thanks for the input, Shaft. I'm stuck at work.

Keep'em coming if you don't mind. +Rep

Old 07-30-2008   #206
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Practice ended early today at a little after 10 am. Which usually is a reward for good work.

I will give more info when I can get off of this blackberry
Old 07-30-2008   #207
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to go to TC today.
Just want to add something about yesterday.

There's a different benefit watching from the endzone during the scrimmage.

We had several outside zone runs to the LT side.
Salaam and Brown, they both did good sealing off the inside, allowing the runners to get to the next level with ease.

Once there, Green and Slaton have the percentage of breaking loose more than Taylor and Walker.

We'll wait for more report from Shaft and whoever attend today's session!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2008   #208
Shaft75
Site Contributor

A little hard to post on here with the blackberry, but I did want to share some of the things I saw.

I was impressed by our passing offense. The qb's and wr's looked as if they were starting to gel very nicely. Walter made a couple of nice grabs, one deep and a couple of stop routes on some play action passes. AJ was his typical self. He made a really nice grab going up the right sideline. Bennett had decent coverage, but AJ found a way to reel it in. Kevin Walter felt he was being held by Bennett on a go route with Fred Bennett covering him and I guess he was griping to the camp official, because shortly after Jon Hoke yelled at him "Oh come on Walter, you pushed off... Get your ass back in the huddle and quit complaining..." Pretty funny. You have to love the competitive spirit, especially a db coach yelling at a wr.

Antwaun Molden continues to impress. He was always step for step with his man. He jumped AJ's slant and cause an int, and yeah I said Andre FREAKING Johnson. It was one hell of a play for a 3rd round rookie out of Eastern Kentucky.

I continued to watch Moffitt, because I have been pulling for him. He looked a little worn out today and got caught up on some running plays and looked slow getting back for the pass. He didn't really impress me too much today. Okam got driven a couple of times too. He needs to get lower, but he also might have been exhausted.

Seriously if you go to a practice, walk down to watch the lineman battle it out on the opposite field. It was my favorite part of practice. Not only do you get to see the big uglies battle each other, but you get the added benefit of listening to Joe Gibbs and Jethro Franklin yell at everyone around. Rosey didn't really impress me in that drill. He was going against Rashad Butler and got blocked each time. I don't think he was going full speed, but it was still disappointing.

Ahman Green broke a couple of nice runs off and so did Slaton. And Chris Taylor got his daily dose of being decleated by a member of the defense. I couldn't see who it was, but I did hear the uproar from the crowd and players, and saw him getting up off the turf.

Practice ended early at about 10:15. I think Kubiak saw a good days work from the players and rewarded them. I will be there Thursday night too, so I will post some observations from that.
Old 07-30-2008   #209
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
AJ was his typical self. He made a really nice grab going up the right sideline. Bennett had decent coverage, but AJ found a way to reel it in.
OOPS! I guess I was wrong about this one!

Last edited by Shaft75; 07-30-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2008   #210
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They worked on FG kicking today Kris Brown made all of them. MS made a TD strike to AJ. They both had nice day. MW continued his good play. No noise from JJ. DB Molden made one outstanding play and an IT as Shaft said. RB did well there was one play and I foregot who the RB was but he had some nice blocking and he was able to make a nice run out of it now that I think about it there were really a few plays like that.
Old 07-30-2008   #211
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OOPS! I guess I was wrong about this one!

Yes, that catch unfolded right in front of us. Bennett got burned for sure on that play, but it iwas AJ, so I didn't feel too bad about Bennett.

This is the problem with watching training camp and really delineates the optimists from the pessimists. The naysayers see that play and say, the defense sucked. The optimists see it and are pleased with the offense. is the way I look at it.
Old 07-30-2008   #212
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Yes, that catch unfolded right in front of us. Bennett got burned for sure on that play, but it iwas AJ, so I didn't feel too bad about Bennett.

This is the problem with watching training camp and really delineates the optimists from the pessimists. The naysayers see that play and say, the defense sucked. The optimists see it and are pleased with the offense. is the way I look at it.
Better to happen on a Wednesday morning, than a Sunday afternoon!
Old 07-30-2008   #213
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess AJ is a little bit faster than Bennet. LOL.
Old 07-30-2008   #214
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the report shaft. You wrote all of those on a blackberry? God, thats dedication right there!
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #215
Polo

Thanks for the report Shaft...

But...

Why not trust your eyes over a still shot ?

If in real time you thought Bennett had decent coverage, he probably did...This photo only shows less than a second of action of an entire play...

If your eyes initially told you Bennett had decent coverage on the play, then the picture probably is a bit decieving as to how his coverage was prior to that split second snap shot...

JMO...
Old 07-30-2008   #216
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

Bennet also gave up the 35 yarder to Walters but he was blanketing him and Walters just pulled in a perfectly thrown ball.
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #217
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Thanks for the report Shaft...

But...

Why not trust your eyes over a still shot ?

If in real time you thought Bennett had decent coverage, he probably did...This photo only shows less than a second of action of an entire play...

If your eyes initially told you Bennett had decent coverage on the play, then the picture probably is a bit decieving as to how his coverage was prior to that split second snap shot...

JMO...
It just shows how well Andre can kick on the burners and create separation. I did have a view from behind when he caught the ball, so from my perspective they looked very close to each other. But either way, it was a good play to watch!
Old 07-30-2008   #218
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It just shows how well Andre can kick on the burners and create separation. I did have a view from behind when he caught the ball, so from my perspective they looked very close to each other. But either way, it was a good play to watch!
brando made a animated gif of that from the training camp photos page
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...7&postcount=46

If that is the play you were talking about
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #219
gary
Hall of Fame

Bennet was covering well AJ just made a great catch and the ball came right to him.
Old 07-30-2008   #220
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Bennet was covering well AJ just made a great catch and the ball came right to him.
So we can give some kudos to the Schaubster too. Actually from the photos it appears to be one of the best looking deep balls I've seen from Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read