Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008   #181
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Texans Training Camp 2008

If he is going to be like that we do not need him.
Old 07-29-2008   #182
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If he is going to be like that we do not need him.
Agreed.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #183
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I can throw in my very small amount of cents hell i'll even throw in 2 of them. sorry so late but I just woke up. I worked nights and went to the practice after work. so here we go
first off thank you to gary and painkiller for making sure I had tickets

- Gibbs called for lineman on a 2 on 2 drill and had D. Brown and C. Pitts practicing with first squad for about a a minute when D. Brown kept getting beat almost every play. He yelled at D. Brown and E. Salaam went in and kinda held his own. Salaam wasn't as easily beat but he's not near as strong either. He held his block but was on his heals most of the team trying to catch his balance.

-OL these are my favorite guys right here. Anyone who ever watched the Xmen knows who beast is. He's a big furry blue guy that is highly intelligent. That being said Most all of them looked like that. From what I could tell there is a battle here for a starting position that could be epic.

*LT I think right now should be E. Salaams and let D. Brown sit back and watch and learn a few games untill hes' ready.
*LG looks to be pretty much owned by a slimmer more athletic C. Pitts. He did fairly well excepting one or 2 reps.
*Center position my memory fails me and I don't remember the guys name but he lookd "decent" On the one and one drills he held his own most of the time but got beat horribly by a fluffy T. Johnson who gave him a slap on the shoulder pads and knocked the center off balance who immediately got pissed and was ready to go again.
*RG all I can say here is wow. I've never seen the depth and a battle for a starting position at this position before. Briesel I guess is his name looked pretty good and Weary whose backing him up looked like he's after that starting position bad. Not sure if he's ready but it doesn't seem like he's too far off from regaining control
*RT E. Winston is a giant of a man and honestly held his own almost every single play. Even when he was beat he was still not really beat. He was able to use his speed and knowledge of the game to reset and block the guy in front of him. Dare I say it but could we have a probowl lineman?

*TE I didn't pay too much attention to them just because I didn't think to. Heres what I did notice: Owen Daniels looks a little bigger and looks like he knows how to deliver a good block. Not entirely sure he's completely remember how to catch a ball though. There was one play with a TE who caught a ball during the end of practice and got a pretty good hit and heald on to the ball surprisingly, I want to say it was dressen? I could be wrong though.

The rest of the offense I guess I can put in another category.

-QB I wasn't exactly super impressed today. Sorry in advance to anyone wanting to know info on 3rd and 4th string I didn't look at either. Schaub looked like he was making good decisions and getting the ball out quick. The problem with him getting the ball out so quick is that it hardly landed on target or sometimes even close. The same could be said for Sage who just slightly more accurate. I think Schaubs problem could be cured by just having a little bit more repetitions.

-RB I was highly impressed at RB. Slaton looked alot bigger than I remember him in college and could possibly be more than a 3rd down back. Ahman Green looked hmmm whats the word, hmmm good . . . no no ummmmm ohhh yeah Fing GREAT. He looked strong, powerfull and FAST. (I am going to start praying now. " Dear god, Please keep A. Green Healthy). Ok, moving on. My favorite running back due to him being the long shot is D. Walker. He looked "good" not great but good. He didn't have Ahmans speed burst or power or size but he did have something Ahman didn't. He had a lower center of gravity and was able to find holes when there didn't seem to be any. I think D. Walker could be something special.
-FB V. Leach isn't going any where. As far as Taylor I'm going to just say that I didn't really pay attention to him or didn't see him one or the other.

-WR
* A. Johnson - best we have no change. He looked good. Big, strong and fast.
* K. Walter - didn't see him on many plays but when I did he looked decent and looks to be more of a short yardage receiver who can take a hit. Basiclly the guy that catches for around 10 yards and then gets lit up.
* A. Davis - He made a few good plays and had a couple mistakes. He got owned by Reeves on one play.
* there was one WR on special teams that looked decent. I guess he's a draft pick or something. Anyways he looked like he had potential.

I think thats all for offense?

I'll start with some Defense now.

DL first string looked good, second and thirds string showed flashes. Mario like always looked like a beast and Amobi looked like him and Mario are learning to really work well with each other. Everyone on the DL looks like they kinda slimmed down excepting Travis Johnson of course. # 92 who if I was actually not just waking up I could actually remember his name looked like he could be something special. Also maddox looked fairly quick off the ball, thinner and more athletic.

Other than the DL I didn't honestly see too much more as far as the LBing unit and the secondary.
The only thing I saw was towards the end of practice and that was when Reeves made a great block on A. Davis. Sorry folks I am sure that someone else can fill in this section
Old 07-29-2008   #184
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

On the drills Brown did get beat but he provided some holes when both sides faced off against each other.
Old 07-29-2008   #185
gary
Hall of Fame

Like I said Matt threw some passes that were dropped.
Old 07-29-2008   #186
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Word to this. Chris Brown is looking to be the odd-man out this year.
Why would he want to be odd man out?
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #187
gary
Hall of Fame

He probably does not but he sure is acting like he does.
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2008   #188
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the update Andrew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
RT E. Winston is a giant of a man and honestly held his own almost every single play. Even when he was beat he was still not really beat. He was able to use his speed and knowledge of the game to reset and block the guy in front of him. Dare I say it but could we have a probowl lineman?
I can totally see Winston making the Pro Bowl. This OL has proven they can pass protect by only allowing 22 sacks last year, but now it's time they get recognized for their run blocking as well. Once that happens, I can almost guarantee Winston makes a Pro Bowl this year.

Quote:
# 92 who if I was actually not just waking up I could actually remember his name looked like he could be something special. Also maddox looked fairly quick off the ball, thinner and more athletic.
#92 was Zgonina who I really like having on the team. He brings a lot of experience and leadership which this young DL needs.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #189
Texans_Fan59
Rookie

"My favorite running back due to him being the long shot is D. Walker. He looked "good" not great but good. He didn't have Ahmans speed burst or power or size but he did have something Ahman didn't. He had a lower center of gravity and was able to find holes when there didn't seem to be any. I think D. Walker could be something speial"

i couldnt agree more, except for maybe the just good part. from what i could tell he seem to always come up would a nice run. for those who said darius would be the odd man out. dont think so. especially if c. brown continues to be to hurt practice.
Texans_Fan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #190
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Thanks for the update Andrew!

I can totally see Winston making the Pro Bowl. This OL has proven they can pass protect by only allowing 22 sacks last year, but now it's time they get recognized for their run blocking as well. Once that happens, I can almost guarantee Winston makes a Pro Bowl this year.

#92 was Zgonina who I really like having on the team. He brings a lot of experience and leadership which this young DL needs.
no problem, Zgonia looked like a freak. If he has more than just show muscles he can be something special. Then again I thought that last year too and never saw anything come of it.
Old 07-30-2008   #191
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How do you underthrow a slant Mr. Kubiak?
I was was talking about the deep passes.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #192
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, great to meet the local celebs this morning. Not much to add to the reports of Gary and Andrew (Your Welcome).

Only a few things to add, Studdard had a play where he decked the DT with a huge hand punch. But on the next play he was toasted by the same guy.

During the battle of the beast, OL vs DL drills, the offense won some and the defense won some. What does that mean, the players are really battling. 2 on 2 was fun to watch the stunts.

After the OL completed there unit drills, I watched the players and Gibbs interact. A funny site considering Gibbs is kinda short and these guys are huge. Gibbs and the players where cutting up and you could see they had a chemistry. Pitts seems to be becoming a more vocal leader and Winston is having a great camp.

UDFA to watch - Nading had another solid day.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #193
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Fan59 View Post
"My favorite running back due to him being the long shot is D. Walker. He looked "good" not great but good. He didn't have Ahmans speed burst or power or size but he did have something Ahman didn't. He had a lower center of gravity and was able to find holes when there didn't seem to be any. I think D. Walker could be something speial"

i couldnt agree more, except for maybe the just good part. from what i could tell he seem to always come up would a nice run. for those who said darius would be the odd man out. dont think so. especially if c. brown continues to be to hurt practice.
the reason I put good and not great with d. Walker is he had some Ron Dayne tendancys. When he could have stayed on his feet and got some more yards he opted for the fall forward for 2 or 3 yards. While thats fine if you only need a few yards its not fine when a hole is wide open and you can get another 20 yards. I think he's doing good and I hope to see him improve. I've always liked his Klingon abilities and hope he can someday find a starting role on this team.
Old 07-30-2008   #194
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the reason I put good and not great with d. Walker is he had some Ron Dayne tendancys. When he could have stayed on his feet and got some more yards he opted for the fall forward for 2 or 3 yards. While thats fine if you only need a few yards its not fine when a hole is wide open and you can get another 20 yards. I think he's doing good and I hope to see him improve. I've always liked his Klingon abilities and hope he can someday find a starting role on this team.
Gibbs got on him about that Sunday morning. I could actually hear Gibbs from the stands telling (yelling) Walker "Don't go down like that; you gotta run thru those hands! You gotta run THRU those hands!"

Gibbs in action is something to see. I think the press is lucky that he doesn't talk to them. He'd have McClain doing pushups for every stupid question before the interview was over.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #195
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Gibbs got on him about that Sunday morning. I could actually hear Gibbs from the stands telling (yelling) Walker "Don't go down like that; you gotta run thru those hands! You gotta run THRU those hands!"

Gibbs in action is something to see. I think the press is lucky that he doesn't talk to them. He'd have McClain doing pushups for every stupid question before the interview was over.
This would be beneficial to McClain.

But I'm probably going to TC this Saturday. Hope to hear a fired up Gibbs.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #196
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Could someone film a bit of video of Gibbs in action and upload it or something, would be awesome to experience
Old 07-30-2008   #197
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am at the practice right now. Andre got a 45 yarder down the sideline for 6
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #198
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

...And then rosenfels to Walter for a 35 yard strike.
Old 07-30-2008   #199
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Now its field goal time, not much action
Old 07-30-2008   #200
Shaft75
Site Contributor

For some reason Adibi isn't suited up along with Thompson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read