Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2008   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Blog Network: Texans Notes...July 29th

Tuesday's installment...link: Uh Oh! He's been reading our Schaub vs. Sage threads on here...

Quote:
I like Matt Schaub and I think he's got a great chance to build something big with Andre Johnson and Owens Daniels in Houston. I understand why Gary Kubiak said quickly after the 2007, which ended with Schaub on the shelf, that he remained the Texans unquestioned guy.

But I do see potential for controversy.

The Texans open with a ridiculous five-pack that includes four 2007 playoff teams, three of them AFC South rivals: at Pittsburgh, vs. Baltimore, at Tennessee, at Jacksonville and vs. Indianapolis.

If Houston doesn't come out of that in good shape and if Schaub's been at all shaky, I don't expect Kubiak to deviate from the grand plan.

But quarterback controversies often bloom out of public sentiment, and sometimes it doesn't matter if no one at team headquarters is wavering.

Sage Rosenfels was good last year when Schaub was hurt, posting a 4-1 record. After the team reaffirmed its commitment to Schaub, there was some buzz about a potential trade of Rosenfels.

But the Texans clearly wanted to remain solid with two viable quarterbacks.

Right now they've got a great situation with their No. 2, who's saying and doing all the right things.

"Gary's in charge, he makes the decisions and he probably knows what's best for the team," Rosenfels said. "But as a competitor, I'd love to play, I'd love to be competing for a starting job. I think that's every player's goal, to have a chance to compete for a starting role and at some point be a starter."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read