Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Countdown To First Preseason Game

Yay...I guess. Preseason games are so boring though. It's nice to know the season is right around the corner, but I can't stand watching preseason football.

Watching backups go against backups just isn't all that interesting to me. I enjoy reading about who's doing well, who's winning the position battles, etc... but I can't watch an entire preseason game. They get boring real quickly (for me anyway).

Watching backups go against backups just isn't all that interesting to me. I enjoy reading about who's doing well, who's winning the position battles, etc... but I can't watch an entire preseason game. They get boring real quickly (for me anyway).

I think it depends on how you look at Pre-season games. To me, it can tell me alot about the team's depth. I like to evaluate talent, position battles and individual performance. If we win..yippee. If not, meh.

Yeah, I hear exactly what you're saying. Watching pre-season sometimes is like watching something that isn't real, because you always see certain players look like stars that never amount to anything.

However though, after waiting so long for football season, I'll be just stoked to watch any football I can. Plus, I do enjoy watching certain backups play that you know won't be starters in the season like Kevin Kolb in Philly or or Drew Stanton in Detroit. I will be really excited to watch my boy Jamal Charles in KC, to see what he can do. So you do get to see some of your favorite college players get to hit the field and in the 2nd halves and see how well they have developed.

I always go when the Cowgirls come to town during the preseason, and i usually go to the first preseason game regardless. But we usually sell the 2nd one if the cowgirls aren't playing. Preseason is very important for the tailgaters, as they have to brush the dust off of their inactivity and get back into the flow of things. I just enjoy seeing football in any circumstance once again.

i hate preseason more than i hate offseason :thinking:

I enjoy finally seeing the Texans play again, but during preseason games I'm usually worried more than anything. Nothing worse than to lose a player to injury in a meaningless game.

I enjoy finally seeing the Texans play again, but during preseason games I'm usually worried more than anything. Nothing worse than to lose a player to injury in a meaningless game.

Besides getting worried about a player going down, I (along with most other friends) tend to read to much into the preseason games sometimes. Sometimes it's warranted (the disastrous preseason before 2005) and other times it's not.

Back