Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2008   #61
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: D Rob on PUP list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
im sure he understands, but for him to be in a contract year...he has to be feeling pretty bad.
When is he eligible to return (week 8 isnt it )? Being in a contract year and playing hurt wont help him ..... If by the time he is allowed to return he is healthy and can stay on the field he has a chance to prove his worth. Might not be a full season but its an opportunity . Play well , get paid . Play like the injury took something out of ya and .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #62
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
When is he eligible to return (week 8 isnt it )?
That's only if Dunta remains on the PUP at the beginning of the regular season (and then he would be forced to miss the first 6 weeks). He's eligible to come off the list anytime prior to the final cutdown (8/30).

Robinson could show sometime in the preseason that he will be ready to play prior to game 7. If so, the Texans wouldn't have to keep him on the PUP. Nothing is set in stone at this point.
Old 07-26-2008   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's only if Dunta remains on the PUP at the beginning of the regular season (and then he would be forced to miss the first 6 weeks). He's eligible to come off the list anytime prior to the final cutdown (8/30).

Robinson could show sometime in the preseason that he will be ready to play prior to game 7. If so, the Texans wouldn't have to keep him on the PUP. Nothing is set in stone at this point.
Yeah I forgot this is the "Pre-Season PUP".

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #64
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
When is he eligible to return (week 8 isnt it )? Being in a contract year and playing hurt wont help him ..... If by the time he is allowed to return he is healthy and can stay on the field he has a chance to prove his worth. Might not be a full season but its an opportunity . Play well , get paid . Play like the injury took something out of ya and .....
Right now, he's on the "Active" PUP list, meaning the Texans can remove him any time prior to the start of the season if they wish to. FWIW, Peyton Manning is also on the Active PUP list for the Colts (and I think that Sanders is too).

If they put Dunta on the "Reserve" PUP list (which I will grant you is almost a given), then he's eligible to return as early as week 7 (after 6 weeks on the list). After the 6 weeks, the Texans have three weeks to allow him to practice, and either put him on the active roster, or DL him. So in essence, it could go as long as 9 weeks, but 6 weeks is the minimum. Again, this is the Reserve PUP, and that's not what Dunta's been put on - in fact, I'm not even sure if you can put someone on the reserve list prior to the end of the preseason.
Old 07-26-2008   #65
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Robinson

Here's a shot of Dunta doing some 40 yard bungee sprints this morning. I had mentioned this somewhere else and found a shot of it on the chron.com pages this afternoon. He was digging pretty hard during these drills, but because he was put on Active PUP, some people might think that he's hobbling around out there. That's not the case. He did all the warm up stretching drills (which is very different this year -- not on the ground) but I never saw him do any backpedal or lateral work. He did individual drills for about 45 minutes and spent the rest of the time watching from the sidelines with the rest of the DBs. He was very engaged from the mental rep standpoint as he had the play script in hand and was following it as the team worked through the morning reps.

aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #66
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical DRob. He can't walk, but he can run sprints with a man pulling him backwards with a bungee cord.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #67
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Robinson (on Active PUP)

From Lance Z:

Quote:
5. Dunta Robinson is coming along NICELY. I spoke with a couple of people close to the situation who both said that Robinson is coming along much faster than the time-table that was set for his rehab. Granted it is a contract year and I'm sure that Robinson wants to get back out on the field, but there is a chance now that Robinson might not be put on the regular season PUP list. I think if you had asked anyone with the Texans just a month ago they would have told you that they thought the PUP list was inevitable, but right now he is just on the preseason PUP list and he's already running and cutting better than expected.
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...m_saturda.html

If isn't put on the PUP, then it's possible that the coaches feel that he can come back before game 6, right?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2008   #68
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
If isn't put on the PUP, then it's possible that the coaches feel that he can come back before game 6, right?
He's on Active PUP now. If he isn't put on Reserve PUP when the final 53 is set, that means the coaches feel he can come back before Week 6. It's going to be hard for him to do that unless he gets on the practice field (for real) before the end of preseason, which is only 5 weeks away.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #69
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
He's on Active PUP now. If he isn't put on Reserve PUP when the final 53 is set, that means the coaches feel he can come back before Week 6. It's going to be hard for him to do that unless he gets on the practice field (for real) before the end of preseason, which is only 5 weeks away.
Oh, I see. Well, if he has to contribute atleast on the practice field to be off the PUP then I don't think he'll be on the active roster. Maybe I see him helping out by the third week and then getting back into the games by the 4th or 5th week, but the 1st week seems too early. Who knows though, we'll just have to wait and see.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #70
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Robinson (on Reserve PUP)

No real surprise, but Dunta Robinson was placed on the reserve physically unable to perform list, meaning he will definitely miss at least the opening 6 games of the season.

Quote:
Finally, cornerback Dunta Robinson was placed on the reserve/physically unable to perform list, meaning he will miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season. He has been making steady progress in his rehabilitation from severe knee and hamstring injuries that he suffered at Oakland last season.

“You know, it was a hard decision, I think, because I know how hard (Dunta) is working to get back, and there is a chance that he may be healthy enough to actually compete prior to that six weeks of mandatory time where he can’t play," Smith said. "But I think that the smart thing for us to do -- and for him -- is to do it this way and to give him that extra time to make sure that when he in fact comes back on the field, that he’s ready to go.”
Old 08-26-2008   #71
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 123 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, you had to have had blinders on to think he would have made it back any sooner.

I am ready to see Reeves in an actual man-up situation to see if he can do any better than he has been in these vanilla defenses.

........And when is Richard Smith going to finally put the "aggressive" in our defense?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #72
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Well, you had to have had blinders on to think he would have made it back any sooner.

I am ready to see Reeves in an actual man-up situation to see if he can do any better than he has been in these vanilla defenses.

........And when is Richard Smith going to finally put the "aggressive" in our defense?

I just want to see him put the "effective" in our defense.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #73
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I would give my opinion on whether if he even plays at all this season, but y'all'd just think I'm being a negative nellie.

If I were to give my opinion you would be considered the eternal optimist.
Old 08-26-2008   #74
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I would give my opinion on whether if he even plays at all this season, but y'all'd just think I'm being a negative nellie.
Well I posted last spring they need to redo him or settle him out. Believe what you want. Maybe I'm just a little callous after Bosselli, Jopru Spencer and Davis-Williams.
He may not play for the Texans ever again.
Old 08-26-2008   #75
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well I posted last spring they need to redo him or settle him out. Believe what you want. Maybe I'm just a little callous after Bosselli, Jopru Spencer and Davis-Williams.
He may not play for the Texans ever again.
There is nothing to redo, this is the last year of his contract. If it doesn't look like he will be able to come back from this injury you simply don't extend/resign him. If he looks good when he comes back you resign him. Not that big a deal.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I tend to think of my self as pretty jaded by the Texans injury woes but I have a feeling we see Dunta playing again. To be honest I'm more worried about AJ every being "right" again than I am about Dunta ever playing again.

I don't have any idea why I feel that way. I just do.
Old 08-26-2008   #77
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I tend to think of my self as pretty jaded by the Texans injury woes but I have a feeling we see Dunta playing again.
I feel the same way. I think it's because Dunta's rehab has been more open and visible. He's always at practice, working with the trainers or on the stationary bike. Always on the sidelines. Dunta is part of the mix. In contrast, Boselli was hard to find. Unless you happened to be on the golf course.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read