Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2008   #21
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Robinson

I have no expectations for Dunta. If he comes back as a first rate nickel back or Safety then I will be happy. Uncommon and unexpected injuries in our short history have resulted in common endings.
Old 07-25-2008   #22
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

Do you guys remember Mcgahee when he tore his knee in every possible way in the bowl game and came back and played his rookie year. It is possible the he could play at the beginning of the year. Everyone's body heals at different speeds
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignasty View Post
Do you guys remember Mcgahee when he tore his knee in every possible way in the bowl game and came back and played his rookie year. It is possible the he could play at the beginning of the year. Everyone's body heals at different speeds
McGahee did not play his rookie season. He was drafted in 03 and didn't see the field until week 6 of the 04 season.
Old 07-25-2008   #24
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty

Your right sorry about that. Dam I was wishing I was right.
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Physically he might be close to being ready, but to getting back to football speed and getting the mentality to be a force on the field again will take alot longer.
Pretty much. i'd say more than anything its this & physically getting the flexibility in those tendons attached to his hammy & quad back to how they were before......or as close as he can. He probably does feel like he can play maybe b/c he's back to doing the drills he would do in a normal practice. But those muscles are probably still pulled so taut that if he tried to step on a field & play in a live game he'd stand a pretty good chance of rip 'em off the bone again. if these are indeed his biggest obstacles physically & mentally, he could possibly work through those faster than normal with intense conditioning & be back by nov.

& by all accounts, he says he's been working hard to get back on the field.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignasty View Post
Your right sorry about that. Dam I was wishing I was right.
LOL! I wish you were right too. I have confidence in D-Rob and I expect he and the team to be wise about his situation. It it takes the entire season to get right, then so be it. I'd rather him eventually come back at full strength and not jump in too early and be lost for good.

Old 07-25-2008   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokickssacks View Post
I seriously doubt he could actually be on the field right now, despite what he says. I work in restaurants, and he came in about two and a half weeks ago. He had a bit of a limp and he sat with his leg propped up on a chair, so I can't really see anyone going from "I can't walk normally and I have to prop my leg up when I sit" to "I can play football" in less than three weeks. Super nice guy though. Likes his hennessy. It started pouring down rain right when he was about to leave, and our parking lot gets slick, so naturally we were all pretty worried. We warned him to be super careful, and he chuckled. I said, "No, we're serious. You want us to carry you out to your car?" and he laughed his a$$ off and said, "nah, i think i'll be alright."

Just thought that last part was kinda cool.

I saw him walking at All Access, he was not really limping at all, walking a little carefully maybe, but looked pretty natural. I wonder if what you saw is a result of the rehab and exercise? Cool story!

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 07-25-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2008   #28
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans PR staff has got us so screwed up that a player can come out and say "I could play today if I wanted to" and we all respond with "His career is probably over"

Crazy
Old 07-25-2008   #29
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokickssacks View Post
I seriously doubt he could actually be on the field right now, despite what he says. I work in restaurants, and he came in about two and a half weeks ago. He had a bit of a limp and he sat with his leg propped up on a chair, so I can't really see anyone going from "I can't walk normally and I have to prop my leg up when I sit" to "I can play football" in less than three weeks. Super nice guy though. Likes his hennessy. It started pouring down rain right when he was about to leave, and our parking lot gets slick, so naturally we were all pretty worried. We warned him to be super careful, and he chuckled. I said, "No, we're serious. You want us to carry you out to your car?" and he laughed his a$$ off and said, "nah, i think i'll be alright."

Just thought that last part was kinda cool.
The "likes his Hennessy" and "carry you to your car" comments have me a bit concerned.

Hopefully "likes his Hennessy" refers to quality vs. quantity.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #30
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I'm not sure how long it will take Dunta to get back on the field, or if his injury will affect his playing. I do know that what Dale says about the cartilage is true. My wife was a competitive roller skater and instructor. She had a lot of cartilage removed from both knees and they still bother her 25 years later. If Dunta didn't lose cartilage I would hope he could come back at 100%.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #31
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
actually the hamstring is a pretty common injury. John Elway ripped his bicep off the bone on his throwing arm and played the season with it that way.

Those injuries take 2-3 months to recover from. It's not a difficult surgery nor a high risk surgery. Regarding the ACL, I've had my ACL repaired and 5 other surgeries on my two knees.... It takes time but certainly he can expect a full recovery.
Well Dale let us know when he suits up for live contact. Three months ? Under that time line, he ought to be out there today banging shouldn't he ? I'm just guessing here. My guess is if the eastern Kentucky kid has any positive developement at all this summer and fall, they wouldn't be under the gun to rush Robinson back. Further, the contract situation makes the Texan's playing chicken with his injury....just saying. Just let one sail off into the sunset. Tough call. Glad I'm not the one making it.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-25-2008 at 09:53 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #32
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LOL! I wish you were right too. I have confidence in D-Rob and I expect he and the team to be wise about his situation. It it takes the entire season to get right, then so be it. I'd rather him eventually come back at full strength and not jump in too early and be lost for good.

Agreed - we have a window of opportunity that's going to be opening wider over the next few seasons - not closing like some others. I don't pretend to have a clue as to what should/will happen with Dunta, but if they need the whole year to assure maximum recovery, let's hope they take it.

It would be nice to have him back if we're a legitimate playoff contender come December, but not at the cost of future seasons.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
actually the hamstring is a pretty common injury. John Elway ripped his bicep off the bone on his throwing arm and played the season with it that way.

Those injuries take 2-3 months to recover from. It's not a difficult surgery nor a high risk surgery. Regarding the ACL, I've had my ACL repaired and 5 other surgeries on my two knees.... It takes time but certainly he can expect a full recovery.

Last night I stayed a a Holiday Inn.......................the biceps injury comparison is like apples and oranges. Elway played with that completely torn muscle for a while, then went to surgery and returned to play in a relatively short period of time. Being able to "control" the pain aspect (drugs in sports are wonderful, aren't they?), it's very explainable...................the strength of the passing motions is almost solely based on TRICEPS integrity and strength.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #34
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm positive that we'll see Dunta play in a Texan's uni sometime this year. It might be towards the end of the year. But I just don't think he'll be the same type of player. He might have to switch positions or play nickel or dime. He might not be 100% but I'll take Dunta at 90% over anyone else we have on the roster.
Old 07-25-2008   #35
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well Dale let us know when he suits up for live contact. Three months ? Under that time line, he ought to be out there today banging shouldn't he ? I'm just guessing here. My guess is if the eastern Kentucky kid has any positive developement at all this summer and fall, they wouldn't be under the gun to rush Robinson back. Further, the contract situation makes the Texan's playing chicken with his injury....just saying. Just let one sail off into the sunset. Tough call. Glad I'm not the one making it.
How can you be so opinionated and arrogant and yet have no clue what you're talking about?

The difficulty with this injury was that he had to wait for the hamstring to heal before he could have the ACL surgery... so, add 3 months to 7-9 months and you get his estimated time of recovery.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Three months ? Under that time line, he ought to be out there today banging shouldn't he ?
Yeah, since every injured player starts full contact work three months before returning to duty---NOT.
Old 07-25-2008   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My optimism says we have three good CBs in Reeves, Bennett and Molden. Take your time DR and come back when your ready to rumble. We have a spot for you!
Old 07-25-2008   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a shame that a guy like Robinson who obviously dies inside every time we add another "L" to our record will be unable to play through the majority of our first winning season.

I hope he's back in time for the playoffs.

And that's all I got to say about that.
Old 07-25-2008   #39
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
My optimism says we have three good CBs in Reeves, Bennett and Molden. Take your time DR and come back when your ready to rumble. We have a spot for you!
I support the Bennett optimism, but then at the 2nd spot we've still got what I would call nickel-backs at this point.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #40
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta's on the PUP list to at least week 7.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5908232.html
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read