Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2008   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta Robinson (on Reserve PUP)

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4417

I'm a little surprised to hear this about the injury: "It’s probably three quarters speed. It’s feeling fine; I could play if I wanted to right now, but mentally, I’m not ready and I still have some pain in my knee and I’m just going to keep working on that and getting myself better.”

I take it as good news that he could play now if he wanted to, but I don't know if that's the real truth of the matter. Because he also says he thinks he'll be back before November.

Thoughts?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Dunta Robinson

Physically he might be close to being ready, but to getting back to football speed and getting the mentality to be a force on the field again will take alot longer.
Old 07-24-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh. He's going to be so pissed when they PUP him. He clearly thinks he's going to be ready by game 1.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give my opinion on whether if he even plays at all this season, but y'all'd just think I'm being a negative nellie.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I would give my opinion on whether if he even plays at all this season, but y'all'd just think I'm being a negative nellie.
Dunno bout that ..... His injuries were pretty severe. I kinda wonder if he will play again at all much less play this year ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Sigh. He's going to be so pissed when they PUP him. He clearly thinks he's going to be ready by game 1.
No he doesn't.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #7
mariokickssacks
Rookie

I seriously doubt he could actually be on the field right now, despite what he says. I work in restaurants, and he came in about two and a half weeks ago. He had a bit of a limp and he sat with his leg propped up on a chair, so I can't really see anyone going from "I can't walk normally and I have to prop my leg up when I sit" to "I can play football" in less than three weeks. Super nice guy though. Likes his hennessy. It started pouring down rain right when he was about to leave, and our parking lot gets slick, so naturally we were all pretty worried. We warned him to be super careful, and he chuckled. I said, "No, we're serious. You want us to carry you out to your car?" and he laughed his a$$ off and said, "nah, i think i'll be alright."

Just thought that last part was kinda cool.
mariokickssacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2008   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Dunno bout that ..... His injuries were pretty severe. I kinda wonder if he will play again at all much less play this year ....
Those injuries do require time but surgery is very successful in repairing both the hamstring and the torn ACL. The only issue that would jeopardize his career would be if he lost a lot of cartilidge- that can create a problem because the cartilidge can't be replaced. If you start hearing things like "bone-to-bone" or "bone bruise", or if you hear "microfracture surgery" then you can get downright negative.

Otherwise, if he follows his rehab, his knee and hammy should be back to 100% in less than one year.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its not a question of Dunta Robinsons mental toghness we all know he oozes that stuff but to play & be effective in the NFL @ the CB position is what seperates the men from the boys. you always have to play with an edge & skill level possibly unmatched, except for QB, so it puts extra pressure on himself if in fact he feels the pain. this is not good news. if its the case it would be best to let him take his time until next year, be willing to re-sign him @ a discount or let him test the free agent waters. afterall its a buisness & decisions have to be made based upon everyones best interest.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

That little voice in my head needs to shut up!

He will play again at a very high level; HE WILL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Since her name comes up here from time to time, I thought I'd point out that the person giving Dunta the death stare in the still image on that video link is Kristie Reiken - the local AP writer that covers the Texans and the source of all the AP articles about the Texans (the stuff that ends up in other national newspapers and places like NFL.com and ESPN from time to time).
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #12
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

If he suits up in Novemeber, I would be A-OK with that. Anytime before then would be too soon, better to wait than to get him back and risk further damage and miss him alot longer next time.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking early December. I don't think even DRob is thinking 1st game, but he might be thinking early October, which isn't likely.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It is unfortunate, but I donít believe heíll ever be the same. I think we are looking at another Charles Spencer here. I hate saying that, because Dunta is a totally different case, he proved what he could do over several seasons.

This thread makes me depressed.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

1560s LZ said in his blog yesterday that the likelihood of D-Rob being back on the field this season is a coin-flip, in other words 50-50. And as far as I'm concerned, of people outside of the Texans organization, LZ is atleast as knowledgeable as anybody in town about the team.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
1560s LZ said in his blog yesterday that the likelihood of D-Rob being back on the field this season is a coin-flip, in other words 50-50. And as far as I'm concerned, of people outside of the Texans organization, LZ is atleast as knowledgeable as anybody in town about the team.
LZ was also saying that Spencer would be playing for the Texans this year.

I don't understand why people are acting like they know something about his injury that would threaten his career. His injury is not career threatening unless he's lost a lot of cartilidge, which doesn't appear to be the case. So, what's with these silly predictions?
Old 07-25-2008   #17
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I'm sure he knows and expets to be placed on the PUP list. I do like that he feels like he could play right now if he needed to. Work on a recovering 100% and it will be like us trading for a Pro-Bowler in the middle of the season.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #18
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he goes on the PUP and then comes off it after the Miami game (game 6). He'll probably sit out the Detroit game and then the following week is the bye. He can practice with the team during this time without going on the 53 man roster (at least that is my interpretation of the rules). Nov 2nd is at Minnesota and then Nov 9 is a home game against Cincinnati. I think he sees his first time in the home game.
Old 07-25-2008   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
LZ was also saying that Spencer would be playing for the Texans this year.

I don't understand why people are acting like they know something about his injury that would threaten his career. His injury is not career threatening unless he's lost a lot of cartilidge, which doesn't appear to be the case. So, what's with these silly predictions?
Well Dale I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on television....however...you start talking about reattaching something like a hammie back to the bone....in the first place it's rare. In the second place no matter how good the surgen is with their surgery, it is so rare there's not exactly a primer in the book you can go look up the correct way to do it. My key with Robinson is do they redo his deal this fall ? If they don't...he ain't palying and they ain't planning on him playing in '08. Why would they let that contract expire in an uncapped year ? They're eager to pay him 10.8 million per year ? Naggie just got 9.8 from Mr. Davis... I think it is very optimistic to count on seeing him on the feild this season. They're going to load up the bus and go with what they got. The Texan's are prety much caught between the rock and the hard place with Robinson. The muscle was basically shreaded. Rolled up like a cheap winow shade. Going to take a while to come back from that injury.

Bad luck.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #20
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well Dale I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on television....however...you start talking about reattaching something like a hammie back to the bone....in the first place it's rare. In the second place no matter how good the surgen is with their surgery, it is so rare there's not exactly a primer in the book you can go look up the correct way to do it. My key with Robinson is do they redo his deal this fall ? If they don't...he ain't palying and they ain't planning on him playing in '08. Why would they let that contract expire in an uncapped year ? They're eager to pay him 10.8 million per year ? Naggie just got 9.8 from Mr. Davis... I think it is very optimistic to count on seeing him on the feild this season. They're going to load up the bus and go with what they got. The Texan's are prety much caught between the rock and the hard place with Robinson. The muscle was basically shreaded. Rolled up like a cheap
winow shade. Bad luck.

actually the hamstring is a pretty common injury. John Elway ripped his bicep off the bone on his throwing arm and played the season with it that way.

Those injuries take 2-3 months to recover from. It's not a difficult surgery nor a high risk surgery. Regarding the ACL, I've had my ACL repaired and 5 other surgeries on my two knees.... It takes time but certainly he can expect a full recovery.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read