Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2008   #41
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario #2 in USA Today's top 5 active DE

It's on baby...it's on! It's on (pronounced as OWN) like NECKBONES!! Bring the pain baby! Bring the pain!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #42
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I agree that Mario isn't the #6 overall player in the NFL, and if you'd read my posts, you would have realized I already said that.

I'm not saying your opinion isn't valid - I'm just saying so are the other opinions on this board.
True

And I wasn't bringing up Mario against you, it was meant to be an example to show how media can overrate someone, sometimes.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #43
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJs biggest detriment has been his QBs.
DC couldn't get him the ball
Schaub throws passes into dangerous territory

I won't say he's injury prone, but every time he gets tackled, I hold my breath. Thats not a good sign
Old 07-24-2008   #44
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
If youre talking about who I think youre talking about, I noticed that as well. Now that all the commercials and hype have died down surrounding him, you are seeing and hearing a lot more people eating crow...myself included.
Frak you are a standup guy. It was easy to find all those doubters who was talking about how the Texans screwed up by passing on Vince and Reggie. I remember many people on these boards that were pissed and even some ticket owners wanting out because the Texans screwed up so badly. For you to come on here and admit it says a lot for your character. Props to you dude.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #45
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Schaub throws passes into dangerous territory
So does every other QB in the NFL

Quote:
I won't say he's injury prone, but every time he gets tackled, I hold my breath. Thats not a good sign
Maybe you're just a nervous kinda person ?
Old 07-24-2008   #46
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
That's what she said!

-Michael Scott
LO(freakin')L
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #47
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ injury prone? un-productive? I can understand being a little nervous due to having 2 knee surgeries in less than a year but come on. It ain't that bad. I guess AJ will just have to prove himself again this coming up season.

EDIT: Did Jared Allen have this sort of recognition before last season?
Sponsored links
Old 07-25-2008   #48
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Prove he can produce? Well how about:

6.7 receptions per game - 3rd in the league
94.6 yards per game - 1st in the league
.88 TD's per game - 4th in the league

I'd say the proof is already in.
That's good enough to at least be considered in the top ten.
Old 07-25-2008   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

EDIT: Did Jared Allen have this sort of recognition before last season?
no. if he delivers double digit sacks this season it will be his first back-to-back double digit sack years.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read