Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-23-2008   #1
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Duane Brown Signed

Anyone have a status? Are they close?

Chris Williams signed today with the Bears, so he's the first OL (Excluding the first pick Long) to sign from the 1st round . 5 yrs / 16 mill (10 mill guar) - 14th pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Last edited by 4Texans; 07-23-2008 at 06:51 PM.
4Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #2
Toro59
Rookie

Default Re: Duane Brown signing?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Anyone have a status? Are they close?

Chris Williams signed today with the Bears, so he's the first OL to sign from the 1st round. 5 yrs / 16 mill (10 mill guar) - 14th pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Well they have cut just enought players to make 80 for training camp when he signs. So I'm assuming there close. But I haven't heard anything
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i saw the C. Williams signing and thought right away, that gives the Texans FO a salary range to go on. we should be right around the corner.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i saw the C. Williams signing and thought right away, that gives the Texans FO a salary range to go on. we should be right around the corner.
We already have a better gauge to the Brown signing......LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #5
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

The Williams signing should at least tighten that range up. I hope we hear something soon.
Old 07-23-2008   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
We already have a better gauge to the Brown signing......LINK
QBs are paid more than lineman so how Flacco's contract helps with an OL one I have no clue. That is like looking how much a BMW cost and a much a Scion cost and thinking you have a good range on how much a Tahoe would cost.
Old 07-23-2008   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
QBs are paid more than lineman so how Flacco's contract helps with an OL one I have no clue. That is like looking how much a BMW cost and a much a Scion cost and thinking you have a good range on how much a Tahoe would cost.
Your comments are valid, but the way I was looking at things was Flacco had 8.5 million guaranteed and Williams 10 million, even though there was a significant difference of salary (Flacco over Williams)..........and guaranteed money is just that......the only guarantee. I'll defer to your analysis, though.
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2008   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Brown the last 1st rounder not signed? I think he's a first day of TC signing anyway so it doesn't bother me.
Old 07-23-2008   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Isn't Brown the last 1st rounder not signed? I think he's a first day of TC signing anyway so it doesn't bother me.
He's the last Texans pick not signed. Unless someone signed since Chris Williams with the Bears, there are 8 signed and 23 unsigned first round picks (only 31 picks due to Pats forfeiture).
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #11
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are you DB?! I've been logging on every so often just to see if you've been signed yet. I know TC truly doesn't start until tomorrow, but I would feel much better if you signed today.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

<--- Is starting to worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #13
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

They should be close since Cason, the pick right after, has signed. They have something more concrete to work with.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Johnson ready for camp, LT Brown remains unsigned

07/24/2008

By KRISTIE RIEKEN / Associated Press

Star receiver Andre Johnson will be back on the field, but first-round pick Duane Brown might not be when the Houston Texans open camp Friday.

Johnson has recovered from arthroscopic knee surgery that kept him out of Houston's offseason workouts. Brown, the 26th pick in the draft, remained the Texans only unsigned draft pick Thursday.

The Texans continued to try and work out a deal Thursday. They expect Brown to start at left tackle this season, so it is important that he not miss time in camp.

A couple of players said they had spoken to Brown and encouraged him to get to camp on time, but right tackle Eric Winston said he wouldn't have the same advice if he talked to him.

"I'm not going to tell him that," Winston said. "That's his business and he has to do what he needs to do. I hope he gets as much money as he can. I really do. If he has to hold out for a day or two, if that's what he feels like he needs to do, I'm not going to tell him one way or another."

Brown, who was projected by most as a second-round pick, played just one season at left tackle in college after spending his first year at tight end and two years at right tackle. He didn't do very well lining up against Mario Williams in offseason practices, but coaches are confident he'll improve with time and practice.
Old 07-24-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

well, he's lining up against the best DE in the NFL... he'll improve as soon as Mario's not in his way.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
well, he's lining up against the best DE in the NFL... he'll improve as soon as Mario's not in his way.
He'll get to be a very good left tackle because he has to practice against Mario. I wish he'd sign and get into camp.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #17
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
...but right tackle Eric Winston said he wouldn't have the same advice if he talked to him.

"I'm not going to tell him that," Winston said. "That's his business and he has to do what he needs to do. I hope he gets as much money as he can. I really do.
Thanks Caveman, you're helping a great deal. The kid needs every rep he can get!
Old 07-24-2008   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone wants him in camp day one. even he wants to be there i'm sure. the players seems to always be very understanding of each other's "money" stuff. they seem to be fairly unified that you have to do what you have to do when it comes to the money stuff. i doubt there would be any backlash from his teammates if he were to hold out. (i doubt that will happen though.) i expect him to be at camp tomorrow morning. i have total faith in our FO.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be much more worried if he did too well against Williams.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

after seeing spencer get released due to a career threatening injury at the hands of a teammate, i'm sure he's trying to get everything he can. can't blame him at all.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read