Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-23-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who else thinks Mario is going to have an absolute monster year

I hope my gut is right but it is telling me that Mario Williams is going to have a HUGE season this year. I am talking about close to 20 sacks and being an unstoppable force. I think he will emerge as the premiere DE in the league.

Everything I have read says that he is destroying people in OTAs and hopefully at camp starting this week. I know people who know him and they say he is extremely motivated and dedicated to be the best in the league. I love to see it and I hope I am right.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who else thinks Mario is going to have an absolute monster year

I do feel positive about Mario's potential to have a great year. His success is such an important aspect of establishing a good defense.
Old 07-23-2008   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Little old lady from Pasadena believes in him 1000%!!! Can't wait to see him in action!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i think mario's going to be considered for defensive player of the year. his flaw the first two seasons was his game speed - slow to read, slow to adjust, slow off the snap. not only did that improve incredibly last season, with the talks from coaches and players so far this offseason, noone's faster. the bandwagon is growing ... best "worst draft pick ever" EVER!
Old 07-23-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We are going to need Mario to have a MONSTER SEASON!
Old 07-23-2008   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see him just improve from last year...as for a monster year, that would be nice to see, as sack totals do not much mean he had monster year, but if he can command a double team alot, and open it up for some other teammates, then I am all for that...I will however take 20 sacks !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

He doesn't have get 20 sacks though that would be nice. But if he is faster off the edge and draws two or three guys to defend him then that would allow his team mates to get their chances at getting some sacks.
Sponsored links
Old 07-23-2008   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I too think Mario is going to have a HUGE year and will be considered the best DE in the NFL. I'm not sure about his actual sack totals, but really hope they are high.

I think a lot of teams will be gameplanning for him and he will draw a LOT of attention from the other teams. That will help the other D-linemen. But it also sounds like Amobi is greatly improving- most improved says Kubiak. I think the combination of that + good depth at DT, Weaver hopefully being healthy and another threat with Colvin on passing downs is really going to help Mario too. That's what I love about the DL- Mario being so good is going to help the other players, but the other players are going to help Mario too.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mario will have a great season but to me him having a monster year hinges upon what else is happening on the line. We need consistant pressure on the opposite side. Honestly I'm not counting much on Weaver but I hope Colvin, Bulman and Kalu can provide pressure by committe.

I do think we'll get good push up the middle from the DT's with whomever is rotating in.

Smith is going to also not be afraid to blitz or be aggressive early in the season.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think Mario will have a great season but to me him having a monster year hinges upon what else is happening on the line. We need consistant pressure on the opposite side. Honestly I'm not counting much on Weaver but I hope Colvin, Bulman and Kalu can provide pressure by committe.

I do think we'll get good push up the middle from the DT's with whomever is rotating in.

Smith is going to also not be afraid to blitz or be aggressive early in the season.
If the other side is able to get any kind of P on the QB whatsoever then it may be a scary season for some AFC QB's.
Old 07-23-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

"Who else thinks Mario is going to have an absolute monster year"

MEEEE!!!

I have the same feeling baout Martio that i did for Lance this year, so far so good...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

I'm pumped.
Old 07-23-2008   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who else thinks Mario is going to have an absolute monster year
** raises hand **

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Old 07-23-2008   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

With the tremendous speed we have at LBs this year, I think the Texans will bring the blitz a bit more than last year.

Demeco and Greenwood both run in the low to mid 4.6x

Thompson ran a 4.44 when he first enter the league.

Adibi runs in the high 4.6x

Moffitt actually runs under 4.60

Bentley ran a 4.74 out of Northwestern.
Diles may be the slowest in the bunch, I think his 40 speed is around 4.79

I don't know Colvin's actual speed, but he looks pretty fast and quick.

No idea how many sacks Mario will have, but I definitely think he will be a monster out there!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to be in on the first page of this thread. Mario will be super this year.

Old 07-23-2008   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in on the thinking he is going to dominate.
Old 07-23-2008   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With the tremendous speed we have at LBs this year, I think the Texans will bring the blitz a bit more than last year.

Demeco and Greenwood both run in the low to mid 4.6x

Thompson ran a 4.44 when he first enter the league.

Adibi runs in the high 4.6x

Moffitt actually runs under 4.60

Bentley ran a 4.74 out of Northwestern.
Diles may be the slowest in the bunch, I think his 40 speed is around 4.79

I don't know Colvin's actual speed, but he looks pretty fast and quick.

No idea how many sacks Mario will have, but I definitely think he will be a monster out there!
They all seem to be pretty fast guys.
Old 07-23-2008   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario will kick arse

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read