Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2008   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Idea so Crazy it might be Brilliant

So I had an idea today that was so crazy it might just be brilliant. Here it it is. The Houston Texans trade their 2nd and 5th round picks in next year's draft to Green Bay for Brett Favre.

Rick Smith then gets on the phone and calls up the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears and tell them we need a 1st and 5th for Favre. I think Minnesota would jump at this deal. They know that GB would NEVER trade Favre to them and if we act as the middle man, I bet we can basically turn our 2nd into a 1st rounder and then swap 5ths. If Minnesota wants Favre they have to go through a middle man. Why don't we be that middle man?

So, what do yall think of my idea.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Idea so Crazy it might be Brilliant

Your crazy man... I like you, but your crazy...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71289801131975
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

where's that bud light ad?
Old 07-22-2008   #4
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

We could do it once...and never be trusted again. Not worth it.
Old 07-22-2008   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the League would aprove such a deal, I believe they approve all trades, but very creative. Plus I wouldn't give a 1st and a 5th for a 2 year player at best even though I love Brett Favre, but once again great idea!
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
So I had an idea today that was so crazy it might just be brilliant. Here it it is. The Houston Texans trade their 2nd and 5th round picks in next year's draft to Green Bay for Brett Favre.

Rick Smith then gets on the phone and calls up the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears and tell them we need a 1st and 5th for Favre. I think Minnesota would jump at this deal. They know that GB would NEVER trade Favre to them and if we act as the middle man, I bet we can basically turn our 2nd into a 1st rounder and then swap 5ths. If Minnesota wants Favre they have to go through a middle man. Why don't we be that middle man?

So, what do yall think of my idea.
I think GB would smell a rat. Maybe I'm giving GB too much credit, but I think they would see that coming.
Old 07-22-2008   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not just trade Sage for him straight up?

just posted this on another board, since its relevant here it is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe
Absolutely a bad idea for any team. Farve has been pretty bad last several years, ok, last year better than previous several, just luck. He needs to retire. He was good in what was it, 1993, not 2008.

JUST LUCK?

Favre 2007 stats
RAT 95.7 YARDS 4155 TD 28 INT 15
Takes Green Bay to the NFC Champoinship game while surrounded by arguably less talent than any other playoff team and comes up just 3 pionts shy of beating eventual World Champion NY Giants and going to the SUPERBOWL! JUST LUCK?

Matt Schaub 2007 STATS
RAT 87.2 YDS 2,241 TD 9 INT 9

Sage Rosenfels 2007 STATS
RAT 84.8 YDS 1,684 TD 15 INT 12

Favre hasnt missed a game since 1993. Thats 16 games a year for 15 years. Some of you need to get a grip on youre perspective of this team. You are all feeling a little to warm and fuzzy about the Texans. I have high hopes to but cmon man, if we have a chance to get one of the premier QB's of the last 15 years we should jump all over it. Yeh were building a winner here and going about the right way but the QB position is the most important position there is.

You really think Shaub would mind being tudored by a HOF QB for the next couple of years? Do you honestly believe Favres presence would harm this teams growth? One of the beggest question marks about this team is whether or not Schaub is ready/capable of being the leader of this team. He (Shaub) could learn from one of if not the best leaders the NFL has ever had.

We dont know for sure if Shaub can last a whole year. Sage is a FA after next year. Do you honestly think he'll be back? I know it wont happen but if you could get Favre for a 3rd or 4th round pick or even for Sage, DO IT NOW!

This was in responce to this thread.
http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...read.php?t=110
the OP was this

(from NFL Network)Adam Schefter reports that the best team to transition to from the Packers would be the Houston Texans. He said they do have alot of money tied up in Matt Schaub so might not happen.

Last edited by mussop; 07-22-2008 at 06:04 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2008   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200872 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Rep coming your way.

Someone once wrote "A lie may take care of the present, but it has no future." (I don't remember the author)
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I agree, and I also think we need to stick with Schaub and give him his chance.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Rep coming your way.

Someone once wrote "A lie may take care of the present, but it has no future." (I don't remember the author)
Got it for ya. I owed disaacks3 from well spoken wisdom a few days back anyway.

Just got this in my inbox folks............

It's about time for some football!
Old 07-22-2008   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I bet somebody'll do it, maybe Atlanta, Baltimore, or San Fran.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think the packers would sue the texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #13
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

*start clapping slowly, with everyone else joining*

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!!

Wait a minute.....

so you want us to spend three 2nd round picks and 4 draft picks total on QBs, in the last two years? especially when the 2nd QB is like 50years old with no guaranteed that we would get better value back, or that he'll even be wanted by other teams.

If other teams do want him, wouldn't they hop on that trade with GB the minute he becomes available?

Not to mention that we're still working on trading another back-up QB for a 2nd rounder.

So, with that say, I take back my clapping and reject the idea.

Last edited by J-Russ; 07-22-2008 at 07:02 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The idea is slick, but I don't think it's the best course of action. After what this team has been through, it really doesn't need to start outsmarting itself.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Already thought of and dimissed...

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=221
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

furthermore, it was already stated by the nfl that the packers would put a clause in the trade that he couldn't be traded again for at least a year.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
where's that bud light ad?
LOL. Sheftner reported tonight that the packers have contacted no less than twenty teams to test the market. We turned our nose at the Minnesoda offer for Sage. I Kinda doubt they'll turn over the Texan's QB cart two days before camp starts. Ah yeah we have one of the best QB situations in the NFL at QB. Lets jam the up '09 draft, deflate our two guys egos, and throw the season down the toilet before we even set foot in camp.... for a forty year old gun slinger who throws as many interceptions as TDs ? Farve needs to be a good soldier and just fade away.

NFW

where's that band picture ?

Thompson is going to have to trade him or release him outright. If he's on the roster they gotta pay him. I don't think the trade and trade idea will work either. Sherriff Rodger will not sit still for any colusion. Two teams conspiring to screw a third team ...with in their own division....Rodger won't let that stand. Especailly with the jackA$$ senator from Pa., Arlene Spector nipping at his heels.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-23-2008 at 12:10 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Minnesota would laugh at us and only offer a 4th round pick knowing we would be in the same mess Green Bay is currently in if we couldn't deal Favre.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008   #19
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that would stop any group of teams from trading a player multiple times, would be a clause that prevents further trading of that player as previously stated.

Goodell can't stop a trade like that, simpy because the Packers don't want the Vikings to have Favre. One team acting as a middle man for another to acquire a player is not collusion, and the Packers would not be getting screwed either.

I still don't think any trade involving the Texans and Favre is going to happen.
Old 07-23-2008   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Aside from the fact this is a ridiculous idea, we don't need Favre and all the media distraction he brings at our TC for our first playoff season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read