Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2008   #1
RobbC
Media

Default Charles Spencer/Abbate/Powell Waived

Adam Caplan from Scout.com (BattleRedNation.com) is reporting the Houston Texans have waived OL Charles Spencer.

Spencer, who was drafted in the third round in 2006, hasn't played since the second game of his rookie season after suffering a broken leg and damage to his knee. However, he made significant progress over the past several months and the feeling was that he was close to being able to play.

The former University of Pittsburgh offensive lineman should receive a decent amount of attention from other teams because of his ability to play guard and tackle.
RobbC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer Waived

Best wishes Big Nasty! Thank you for all the hopes you gave us.

I wonder if he could "clear waivers" and come back on the PS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

based on kubiak's comments from a couple weeks back, this isnt a huge surprise
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Leaves me feeling kinda sad.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

After a quick look around, I can't find a link verifying this. This would not make sense, well to me at least, why not just put him on the PUP, that would give him another couple months to rehab or is he just too close to coming back to be medically eliglible for the PUP list? If so, what about the PS?
Old 07-22-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry to hear he didn't work out for us. I hope he makes it somewhere else.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #7
RobbC
Media

Texans are now confirming as well:

Nick Scurfield "And, to confirm BattleRedNation's post, Charles Spencer has been released along with fullback Jon Abbate and defensive tackle Eric Powell."
RobbC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's official. Good luck Charles, you didn't deserve the Dayne train, to think what could have been.

Link

Quote:
To make room on the roster, the Texans have released fullback Jon Abbate, defensive tackle Eric Powell and guard/tackle Charles Spencer, who has battled a serious leg injury since 2006.
Old 07-22-2008   #9
Toro59
Rookie

a little depressed. I liked Spencer. Hopefully he will return for someone.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #10
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Leaves me feeling kinda sad.
That's the way I feel. It is hard to miss what you never really had but I do. I hope he has a good life and succeeds in what ever he does.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To make room on the roster, the Texans have released fullback Jon Abbate, defensive tackle Eric Powell and guard/tackle Charles Spencer, who has battled a serious leg injury since 2006.
Will the Texans need to make another cut when Brown is signed?
Old 07-22-2008   #12
Toro59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes, right now we are at 80. When he signs, it will be 81.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

He was going to be such a beast.... sad sad story and just about our luck. Best wishes to him... and now we can move on and pretend like it never happened.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yes, they had 84..........now 81 taking for granted that Brown signs.......therefore, expect 1 more cut.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

With Abbate gone, that leaves only 2 FBs to get through camp. I hope these guys are ready. Maybe Ryan Krause can take some snaps at FB?
Old 07-22-2008   #16
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodluck to Charles Spencer. For the short time he did play for us he showed that he had a lot of potential. Hopefully he'll get another chance.
Old 07-22-2008   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
He was going to be such a beast.... sad sad story and just about our luck. Best wishes to him... and now we can move on and pretend like it never happened.
Unfortunately, it'll probably will not be as easy for him to move on and pretend like it never happened.............sad, indeed.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sort of surprised to see this happen.
I feel like the Texans have players with significant injuries that they let rehab and get extremely close, then release.

Why keep them so long if we are just going to release them prior to them being back in football shape?
Old 07-22-2008   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

A big high for me when he signed with the prospect of being our LT and then a huge crash. I realize it effected him more, but I really wished he could have come back. Talk about an Oline. I hope we get better news on DRob.
Old 07-22-2008   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A big high for me when he signed with the prospect of being our LT and then a huge crash. I realize it effected him more, but I really wished he could have come back. Talk about an Oline. I hope we get better news on DRob.
Im seriously starting to doubt Drob. Name me one Texans player that suffered a significant (more than 1 season long) injury that has come back to play a significant role?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read