Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 07-28-2008   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which RB's will be studs this year??

With more teams using the committee approach, it has gotten harder and harder to decide who to go with as their RB's. Which guys do you feel will be studs besides the obvious guys like Westbrook, LT, and Peterson?

Here are a few guys that I see getting a lot of carries and being able to have enough opportunities to be big fantasy scorers

Frank Gore
Joseph Addai
Steven Jackson
Marion Barber
Michael Turner
Clinton Portis
Marshawn Lynch
Darren Mcfadden
Matt Forte
Larry Johnson
Ryan Grant
Willis McGahee

Now here are a lot of question marks for 2nd tier guys that are either backups with nice potential or stuck in a multi back system

Selvin Young
Jonathan Stewart or Deangello Williams?
Mendenhall or Parker?
Julius Jones
Taylor or MJD
Lendale White or Henry or Johnson?
Jamal Charles (Will he be used enough and in the passing game?)
Chester Taylor
Felix Jones (How will he be used?)
Maroney or Lamont Jordan

What are your thoughts?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which RB's will be studs this year??

posted it before i read your post sorry...

Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which RB's will be studs this year??

My theory on RB's goes to the Offensive Line. That's why I chose LT two years ago and got made fun of for being so stupid for choosing him over Shaun Alexander. You lose an all pro guard... and most likely production goes down. Now I didn't pick up AP last year because of him splitting carries with Chester Taylor... doh! now a lot of teams have the 2-back kind of system so it's hard to tell.

Willie Parker/Rashard Mendenhall?

I'm really high on Jonathan Stewart this year.. I think he gets more carries and TD's than Williams.

I also like Jamal Lewis ALOT. they have an explosive offense and there's just something about running behind probowler Joe Thomas and probowler Eric Steinbach that has me itching to draft him in FF.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read