Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 05-28-2008   #1
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Respect for the texans in Madden 09

Last year on Madden 08 the Houston Texans started of with a rating of 67. We went 2-0 but lost to the Colts by 1 TD. From that moment to the end of the season we where a texans team plagued with injures. However, we managed to still reach .500 in a division an average team would have a losing season in... so here is where my question come. They adjust teams every month through out the season. Why is it our team rating NEVER CHANGED from a 67. It literally NEVER changed. Tampa Bay is in the mid 70's and we Handled them. I want to say Oakland is in the 70's and we handled them too... I definitly know there is NO TEAM rated lower then us. Im curious to see what they think of us for the following season. I believe right know we are about a B+ as a team... possible a A- if we can stay healthy. I would love to get the respect we deserve as texans and see a texans team with a rating of about 87. I think thats realistic and fair.
Bigbots_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respect for the texans in Madden 09

If the Patriots are a 99, and the Dolphins are a 60, I would say the Texans are somewhere between 80 and 85.

This translates into solid team with potential
Old 05-28-2008   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

87? Haha. Wow. I want some of that drink.

A realistic expectation would for us to be around 77-81.
Old 05-28-2008   #4
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 95 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

83 is my guess.
Old 05-28-2008   #5
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

With newly implemented zone blocking scheme for the offense should improve our run game greatly, Rhodes to assist our db's is only going to help as well. The new talent we've picked up for the positions we needed filled will also add depth and competition during training camp so the best man WILL win. If you can stay health, the skys the limit. Who knows what we could have done last year if we were healthy.
Old 05-28-2008   #6
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
83 is my guess.
That sounds about right.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Realistically, I see us as high 70's or low 80's (for madden). We still havn't proved we can get to the playoffs so from that standpoint alone, I cant see us being at an 85 or higher. Also, we have SO many young players right now that will be starting or seeing significant playing time. This isn't good for your overall grade right out of the gates... but it sets up PERFECTLY as a team to use as your franchise to build. If you play (well), draft well, and do the offseason activities to make your players better- the Texans would be a franchise you could improve EASILY.

So I think I would put us at a 79.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2008   #8
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Realistically, I see us as high 70's or low 80's (for madden). We still havn't proved we can get to the playoffs so from that standpoint alone, I cant see us being at an 85 or higher. Also, we have SO many young players right now that will be starting or seeing significant playing time. This isn't good for your overall grade right out of the gates... but it sets up PERFECTLY as a team to use as your franchise to build. If you play (well), draft well, and do the offseason activities to make your players better- the Texans would be a franchise you could improve EASILY.

So I think I would put us at a 79.
I can argue the points you made at all... but what do you think they will end up as with updates to the league and we win and lose some games?
Old 05-28-2008   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . An 81 might be as high as it gets IMO . I just hope hes Demeco Ryans , not DeMECKO Ryans this year .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . An 81 might be as high as it gets IMO . I just hope hes Demeco Ryans , not DeMECKO Ryans this year .
Hell, in the PS2 version he was simply "Number 59". It was perhaps the most annoying thing about playing that game (short of watching a pass go through (literally) your receiver and into the hands of a defender for an INT on All-Madden mode).
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I once had Ron Dayne get 198 yards on 22 carries with 3 touchdowns, one of those being on a 70 yard run against the Ravens.

I am not worried about the ratings that Madden assigns the Texans from that point on.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder what the parameters are for how they add to or subtract from a team? Do they take new coaches into account? Do they assume that we'll be healthier this season? That kind of stuff.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Respect is earned not given. Something that seems to be lost on young people.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Madden's team ratings are just a reflection of the player ratings on that team. Texans dont have many highly rated madden players. We'll prolly come out around 80.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Hell, in the PS2 version he was simply "Number 59". It was perhaps the most annoying thing about playing that game (short of watching a pass go through (literally) your receiver and into the hands of a defender for an INT on All-Madden mode).
Yeah thats messed up . I have created our rookies , and the computer actually says Adibi !! They can say Adibi , but not Demeco ? lol .

The interceptions on 08 about p!ssed me off when I first got it . I intercepted Tom Brady 4 times in the 1st quarter . I turned down the AI to 35 for the int. option for both myself , and the computer . Its much better now .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
I would love to get the respect we deserve as texans and see a texans team with a rating of about 87. I think thats realistic and fair.
Now, I'm super optomistic when it comes to this team. This time last year, I actually had myself believing we would be hosting the AFC Championship game.

But things didn't happen the way I thought they would. With this team, in it's 5 year history, they never do.

So, I'm really confused as to where this respect that we deserve is coming from.

I'm a homer, I get that..... but I can't see where someone who doesn't follow this team would waste their time talking about us.
Old 05-28-2008   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

121, but I'm not biased or anything.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #18
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Now, I'm super optomistic when it comes to this team. This time last year, I actually had myself believing we would be hosting the AFC Championship game.

But things didn't happen the way I thought they would. With this team, in it's 5 year history, they never do.

So, I'm really confused as to where this respect that we deserve is coming from.

I'm a homer, I get that..... but I can't see where someone who doesn't follow this team would waste their time talking about us.
Ok... maybe Im the only 1 that is seeing this but I believe we are clearly better then a 67 and for use not to change in ratings through out the entire season is to me, a slap in the face. For me, its about the rating but more so that it would seem that they have forgot about us. The ratings never changed. We beat the bucs, saints and raiders and all there ratings changed still. I can understand starting off with a low rating and even finish with a not so good one but the teams that we beat ended up with a better rating then us. Do you really think the saints are a 88? Alot of these team are grossly ahead of use by 10 and 20 points and they shouldnt be. Thats all Im saying, you can agree with it or choose not to see it. Its completely up to you all. We ended up ahead of 15 teams record wise when the season was finished and Im not even counting the teams with the same record as us. The chiefs went 4-12, Im pretty sure there rated Higher then us.
Old 05-29-2008   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

this team has never had a winning season...I don't see any reason for people not from Houston to be as optimistic as us. They will be rated higher once they start to win more than they lose.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Madden 09 ratings, as of May 31.

link. keep in mind that it is possible the ratings will change by release.

Texans have a 78 rating.

offense:

defense:
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read