Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-21-2008   #1
Texans_Fan59
Rookie

Default Which rookie will have the most impact this year??

As training camp is on the horizon, i thought it would be fun to see who you think at this point "which rookie will have the most impact this year". This doesnt mean in the long run, but for the sake of the 2008-2009 season.

Im my opinion, i think that frank okam will have the most impact, as i forsee him cracking our DT rotation. What do yall think ? Any Dominique Barber fans out there? lol
Texans_Fan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which rookie will have the most impact this year??

Maybe you should restart this thread with a poll?

I vote for Duane Brown. I'm sure he will have the most impact, whether it be good or bad.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #3
whiskeyrbl

I think it will be a toss up between Brown and Adibi.
Old 07-21-2008   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown is expected to be the starting LT, still has to get through training camp, survive Gibbs & beat out experienced vet starter from last year Ephraim Salaam.

by mid-season depending on Duntas rehab Antwaun Molden may have to start, learning by trial & error. He does have the size, speed & mechanics to be a starter in this league he could really surprise people.

Slayton is going to slash his way into some big plays how many? has to be played out as the running backs transition to a new system.

Adibi is going to have to make a name for himself on special teams first, Barber as well. our special teams should be really, really good.

Okam could plug a huge hole inside, space eater with surprising speed to collapse & pressure the QB.

If Brink makes an impact this year we're in trouble, but I have no doubt he'll have a valueable role on this team as time marches on.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #5
gtal98
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to gtal98

My hope is that it's Slaton, because we need a RB to have a breakout season. I think Molden may turn out to have a big impact later in the season though like Bennett did last year.
gtal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #6
Polo

Brown
Old 07-21-2008   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

They all need to make an impact for this team to make the next step.

I have high hopes for most of them.

I really like Adibi. No Fear!

Brown needs to be a beast.

Slayton needs to be the next coming of Reggie, well maybe not Reggie, but you get my point.

Molden needs to be ready to start now.

Okam could be the difference the defense needs against the run.

Barber could be a sleeper.
Old 07-21-2008   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

I have high hopes for most of them.

I really like Adibi. No Fear!

Brown needs to be a beast.

Slayton needs to be the next coming of Reggie, well maybe not Reggie, but you get my point.

Molden needs to be ready to start now.

Okam could be the difference the defense needs against the run.

Barber could be a sleeper.
You just reminded me what a FANTASTIC draft we just had. Thanks.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Everyone on the team needs to step up this season must step up and have a great season for this team to go anywhere.
Old 07-21-2008   #10
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

What rookie will have the biggest impact?

Okam.

If he falls down he might leave a crater.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #11
gtal98
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to gtal98

LOL. Good one!
gtal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #12
barberman
Rookie

Duane Brown can possibly be the difference between a losing season or the Texans making the Playoffs. Here`s hoping for the latter.
barberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I don't know if I buy into that. A team that is relying on its rookies to make a big impact isn't a very good team.

I could see the case for Brown needing to make an impact if he turns out to win the starting job. And I could see the case for Okam needing to make a big impact given the strength of the running game for most teams on our schedule. But other than that, barring injury, I think I'd rather our rookies not need to make a big impact this year; to be able to sit back on the sidelines, take in the NFL, and learn for a year or two.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I do know that both Matt and AJ need to have an impact.
Old 07-21-2008   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to roll with Okam as a sleeper pick to have a good impact. It has to be something about the guyto have had all of that hype in college.

Maybe being an under achiever and late pick will motivate this lovable big guy into a mean beast.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm going to roll with Okam as a sleeper pick to have a good impact. It has to be something about the guyto have had all of that hype in college.

Maybe being an under achiever and late pick will motivate this lovable big guy into a mean beast.
I hope so.
Old 07-21-2008   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Hopefully Duane Brown or Slaton.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hopefully Duane Brown or Slaton.
Out of these two I hope that it's going to be Slaton.
Old 07-21-2008   #19
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably Slaton but I would love to see Duane Brown and Frank Okam making some major impacts.
Old 07-21-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering Brown is our LT....I kinda hope he doesn't have much of an impact. If you know what I mean.

I hope Molden can have an impact on our secondary. IMO, our secondary was a primary source of our defensive failures last season. If Molden can have any impact at all on defense it'll give us a much better chance of winning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read