Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-19-2008   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans back on Austin Radio?

I was listening to 1530 am yesterday and heard Erin Hogan say that they will be broadcasting this years game in the Austin area.
Old 07-19-2008   #2
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans back on Austin Radio?

Best news I have heard all day!!!

Sure beats trying to pick up 610, hoping the signal is bouncing off the clouds right!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post

Sure beats trying to pick up 610, hoping the signal is bouncing off the clouds right!
LOL, no doubt. To top it off there are no clouds around here until it cools down around November 1st.

Great news.
Old 07-20-2008   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait a second, I thought they just took the games off TV, I didn't know those bastards robbed y'all of radio broadcasts also.

Here's rep to everyone for sticking it out.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #5
voltdawg
BattleRed Mopar

glad to hear it
Old 07-20-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That's good news. In fact, I'll listen to that station more often because of that decision. E Hogan is the only guy in Austin that ever talks about the Texans in the first place, and this should just make for more Texans discussion. Sweet. Thanks for relaying this, Axman.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that too, and since 1300 has changed I never listen to any other sports talk here in the ATX but 1530!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2008   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I heard that too, and since 1300 has changed I never listen to any other sports talk here in the ATX but 1530!
Thanks for the confirmation Big Wig , I had the ? because there is nothing on the 1530 espn or Official Texans web sites touting this major feat of bringing Texans football to the Central Texas area! What you never listen to Bucky and Bob? LOL
Old 07-20-2008   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news indeed. Last time I remember hearing the Texans being brodcast was in 2004.
Old 07-20-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
As big a sports fan as I am, Austin sports radio has been such a turn off I didn't know it had changed. I don't know what it changed from or changed to for that matter. I'll give 1530 a shot as part of my training camp. I'll even check out 1300 just for the ghoulish curiosity.
Old 07-20-2008   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess the wounds have healed in austin from the whole VY thing, i remember E Hogan killing the texans also. he has been the only one to give them the time of day though.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
As big a sports fan as I am, Austin sports radio has been such a turn off I didn't know it had changed. I don't know what it changed from or changed to for that matter. I'll give 1530 a shot as part of my training camp. I'll even check out 1300 just for the ghoulish curiosity.
You ain't kidding. Austin sports radio is a dreadful wasteland, unless you want to hear about how the Longhorns tie their shoes. I LOVE the Longhorns. I'm a HUGE 'horns fan, but oh my god, the un-ending ass-kissing that 1300 serves up on UT is disgusting. *HORF*

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-20-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i guess the wounds have healed in austin from the whole VY thing, i remember E Hogan killing the texans also. he has been the only one to give them the time of day though.
Oh no, no way is that the case. It has nothing to do with wounds, it has to do with the Texans improving = more fans are interested in hearing the broadcast = more money for 1530 to broadcast their games vs. what they would normally broadcast in that position.

Those wounds won't soon heal, unfortunately.

Well - more accurately - the wounds will heal - but the wounded won't stop crying and soiling their diapers over said wound.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-22-2008   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

woo hoo!!! thanks for the tip. rep. of course we'll all be at 3rd Base screaming at the TVs (with captions on one of them) with the television broadcasts piped in super loud so we can hear it over our yelling.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

What's that smell? Is it the smell of respect?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW ! Texans draft some DT from UT in the 5th round, and they reinstate
media coverage.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #17
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear that Ax and thanks for the heads up. On another note........Bigwig, have you talked to Joe over at the Saxon? I'm wondering if he is still going to do the DirectTV™ deal this season. I enjoyed the 3rd base, but free food and guaranteed big screen does have it's advantages.

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #18
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post

I was stuck in Austin (I use the term "stuck" only in this situation because the Texans game was on, lol. Otherwise I'd have said 'gladly enjoying Austin's 0% humidty. >.>) for the Carolina Panther game week 2. I actually just went on 610's website and they have a live stream that I was listening. Glad to hear there's a radio station I can listen to if this ever happens again.
Old 07-25-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I was listening to 1530 am yesterday and heard Erin Hogan say that they will be broadcasting this years game in the Austin area.
Game?? As in singular???

Seriously though, congrats to you in the Austin area. Keep fighting the good fight.
Old 07-25-2008   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Good to hear that Ax and thanks for the heads up. On another note........Bigwig, have you talked to Joe over at the Saxon? I'm wondering if he is still going to do the DirectTV™ deal this season. I enjoyed the 3rd base, but free food and guaranteed big screen does have it's advantages.
check out this thread:

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51171

we're planning on keeping things at 3rd Base for now.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read