Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-18-2008   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brady Quinn's photo used for gay dating site ad

per PFT's rumor mill:

We vaguely recall seeing somewhere a suggestion that Brady Quinn’s shirtless torso and face were being used to advertise a gay dating web site.

According to TMZ.com, the image is indeed Quinn, and the ad has been in circulation for months.

Quinn’s lawyers have taken steps to force the site in question to stop using the photo.

The problem for Quinn is that, even if he’s straight, this is the kind of thing that can start Kordell-type rumors in Cleveland, and that can in turn affect Quinn’s performance, given that homophobia is one of the unwritten rules of an NFL locker room. As we noted last week, former Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress thinks that rumors of homosexuality impacted Kordell Stewart’s play in Pittsburgh.

So, basically, there’s no reason for anyone to suspect that Quinn is, might be, or ever has been attracted to men. None whatsoever.
Old 07-18-2008   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brady Quinn's photo used for gay dating site ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

per PFT's rumor mill:

We vaguely recall seeing somewhere a suggestion that Brady Quinn’s shirtless torso and face were being used to advertise a gay dating web site.

According to TMZ.com, the image is indeed Quinn, and the ad has been in circulation for months.

Quinn’s lawyers have taken steps to force the site in question to stop using the photo.

The problem for Quinn is that, even if he’s straight, this is the kind of thing that can start Kordell-type rumors in Cleveland, and that can in turn affect Quinn’s performance, given that homophobia is one of the unwritten rules of an NFL locker room. As we noted last week, former Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress thinks that rumors of homosexuality impacted Kordell Stewart’s play in Pittsburgh.

So, basically, there’s no reason for anyone to suspect that Quinn is, might be, or ever has been attracted to men. None whatsoever.
Let's get DB's take on this, since he is the expert when it comes to
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #3
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
So, basically, there’s no reason for anyone to suspect that Quinn is, might be, or ever has been attracted to men. None whatsoever.[/i]
really ?

Plenty of reason for me to suspect he's attracted to men....

Last edited by Polo; 07-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-18-2008   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

No way that is real. Wow.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
really ?

With health care costs rising I can see why some poor college kids give each other physicals. Brady, turn to right and cough. Brady now turn to the left and cough. Brady, now turn around and.. That pic is just wrong, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 07-18-2008   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Funny that the ad to the right is for a gay christians dating site.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Funny that the ad to the right is for a gay christians dating site.
Prolly because your guys' QB is in the rumor mill...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-18-2008   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol here we go again

I used to object to all the gay jokes regarding Quinn

He posed for the photo and now makes millions. He can deal with em
Old 07-18-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL!! I love how the banner ads know exactly what to do at all times. We should try and experiment... type in something random and see what ad shows up.

Gorillas dating gay Christians while on a cell phone!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
really ?

I've seen this photo a thousand times and I still have no idea what the story behind it is. Can someone fill me in on wtf it is from/background, etc?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-18-2008   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

The actual meaning of "Five Dollar Footlong".... (don't ban me )
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I've seen this photo a thousand times and I still have no idea what the story behind it is. Can someone fill me in on wtf it is from/background, etc?
It looks to me this picture was taken at a residence in a backyard on a golf course.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Someone must find out if that pic is real.
Old 07-18-2008   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This explains why they can't keep centers .
Old 07-18-2008   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This explains why they can't keep centers .
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2008   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I think it's pretty much self explanatory. Three guys grabbing each others crotches. Nothing much else to explain there. There is no "You see what had happened was..."

I have close friends that I would take a bullet for, donate a kidney to, trust with my financial records, etc...under no circumstance have we, nor will we, ever have our hands over each others love package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Even if any sports player is gay it shouldn't be out in the open.
Old 07-18-2008   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think it's pretty much self explanatory. Three guys grabbing each others crotches. Nothing much else to explain there. There is no "You see what had happened was..."

I have close friends that I would take a bullet for, donate a kidney to, trust with my financial records, etc...under no circumstance have we, nor will we, ever have our hands over each others love package.
yeah we used to punch each other in the chest and laugh when the person was out of breath
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
yeah we used to punch each other in the chest and laugh when the person was out of breath
Perfectly normal and acceptable heterosexual male behavior.

Everyone, take notice there was no mention of fondling of the male genitalia?

That is how it is suppose to be.

Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #20
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Yes... but... I know that... but there HAS to be a story behind it. A reason why they did that.

LOL, there just has to be!

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read