Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-16-2008   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Carr now a musician?

Did I miss something?

I know the one on the right is David Carr, but who are the other two guys in this photo?

Old 07-16-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr now a musician?

Bwahahaha!

I have two girls, 4 and 8. They watch Disney Channel, which means I watch Disney Channel.

And, I gotta say this: That one Jonas kid, the one who looks like DC, is weirding me out. The dude is David Carr's twin.
Old 07-16-2008   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

WHAT THE HELL?

There's a gay.com advertisement on the far right of this website!

Two guys whispering to each other. I copied the image address because sometimes the ad is rotating ad and isn't on here all the time, here it is:

I know it's 2008, but still...I am confused when I'm on texanstalk.com as to whether I should choose the ad with the big-chested girl for "Christian Dating.com" or hit gay.com over on the right side of this page. Who is making the marketing decisions at texanstalk.com? Wow.
Old 07-16-2008   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
WHAT THE HELL?

There's a gay.com advertisement on the far right of this website!

Two guys whispering to each other. I copied the image address because sometimes the ad is rotating ad and isn't on here all the time, here it is:

I know it's 2008, but still...I am confused when I'm on texanstalk.com as to whether I should choose the ad with the big-chested girl for "Christian Dating.com" or hit gay.com over on the right side of this page. Who is making the marketing decisions at texanstalk.com? Wow.
OH MY GOD! I see it too!

I have nothing against gay people but dang... is that for real? Why???
Old 07-16-2008   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
OH MY GOD! I see it too!

I have nothing against gay people but dang... is that for real? Why???
Oh, I know why it's on here:

Old 07-16-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have any ads that pop up on my browser ..

as far as the advertising, I know there was a thread on no sports talk about Christian dating ad or something like that and someone explained where the adds came from but I haven't found the link yet

found the link I thought it was, but not the answer I was looking for, might be under the no sports talk and on the sticky about pay structure

Last edited by Wolf; 07-16-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't have any ads that pop up on my browser ..

as far as the advertising, I know there was a thread on no sports talk about Christian dating ad or something like that and someone explained where the adds came from but I haven't found the link yet
It's not a "pop up"

It's ON the site, to the far right. It's a texanstalk.com sponsor.

Apparantly, texanstalk.com is sponsored by goodle ads, which then runs rotating ads of various other websites. I think.

Seeing the big-chested gal for togetherchristian.com was puzzling, mostly because it says "Safe Christian Community" on the ad itself, and yet here's this big-chested gal with a tight tank. LOL. Riiiiight.

But gay.com?
Old 07-16-2008   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no advertising on right side of screen

what browser you running?

now going to check my settings on this website..

khari style layout
pictures and such are permitted
hmmm

Last edited by Wolf; 07-16-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-16-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

OH my God! There might be gay Texans fans!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Get with the times. Accept gay people and get Firefox.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #11
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 7226 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
OH my God! There might be gay Texans fans!!!
O Noes Teh Gayzorz!
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Ihad to do something in restructing the ads. I actually used a similar model that many of the other boards on F2Fa.com are using. The previous ads were bringing in nothing. My total Google Ad revenue for last month was $2.56. I put these new ads up with the Google Search bar around 1AM this morning and already we have earned $5.22 from them and that is encouraging.

When you need to search Google, please use the Google search bar from here. If one of those picture ads looks interesting, please check it out. . All those things will keep this place going. If we do start making a surplus after hosting is paid I would love to give back to the community here with giveaways, etc. That would be a great problem to have.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=50161&page=2

I don't have the google search bar
but if it helps TT I will check it out

I don't know, I run firefox and maybe with the google bar, it gives the ads (tracking cookies or whatever they are)
Old 07-16-2008   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on the skin you are using. Certain one(s) won't display the ads.

---

Back on subject - Do he play the sax? If he looks like DC he blow just like him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

LOL.

Revenues of $2 and $5 for the ads?

Pull down the ads and I'll send you $120 immediately--That equals $10 per month, which is double what you're getting for the ads.
Old 07-16-2008   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still can't figure out how he was able to film American Pie 2 while playing football. No wonder he never could read defenses.
Old 07-16-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL.

Revenues of $2 and $5 for the ads?

Pull down the ads and I'll send you $120 immediately--That equals $10 per month, which is double what you're getting for the ads.

to be fair that quote was posted 2 months ago when it first started out (ad campaign)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...ad.php?t=50161
Old 07-16-2008   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post

I still can't figure out how he was able to film American Pie 2 while playing football. No wonder he never could read defenses.
LOL! Nice.

I didn't make the connection until I clicked your link.

Good one.
Old 07-16-2008   #18
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I can't say that's David until I see......................................

THE GLOVE!!!!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Get with the times. Accept gay people and get Firefox.
I do accept gay people and I do have firefox, but I still get the ads.

But whats your point? Does the fact that I am surprised when a gay ad pops up on the side of TexansTalk.com make me homophobic or prejudice? I don't think so.... it just means I was surprised to see it.

Would you be caught off guard if you saw ads for cross dressers, S&M or some other not-so-typical somewhat taboo types of things? Not that any of those are "wrong" or anything.

My point is, don't judge people by their reaction. It's natural. It's not like I am demanding that it be taken down or anything.
Old 07-16-2008   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

How about the California kid in "Remember The Titans"?

Supposed to be the big hot shot out of Cali...but he struggles with his inability to "make that pitch...I just CAN'T make that pitch!" all the time having the ladies swoon over him and his lovely locks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read