Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2004   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Funny Quote from Bears Coach...

"At practice today I thought it was good No. 1 to finally get some Chicago weather," said coach Lovie Smith. "We hope the temperature will be somewhere around what it was today for the Texans coming in. They'll probably want to close up the roof or something like that."
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Take one look @ that picture of our Florida WR Gaffney wearing a ski mask here in Houston this week practicing for the Bears game when it was maybe 40 degrees, yea Coach Smith knows what he is talking about.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Take one look @ that picture of our Florida WR Gaffney wearing a ski mask here in Houston this week practicing for the Bears game when it was maybe 40 degrees, yea Coach Smith knows what he is talking about.
If you look at what the picture file name is, that picture was taken at the Jets game.
Old 12-16-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I use to get a good laugh at the folks I worked with who migrated here from colder climates. They didn't take the heat well at all while I could barely stand a northern breeze.

I would think the Chicago team would be much better suited to the colder weather. They play in it, practice in it.

We'll have to see what happens with the weather Sunday.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #5
lab_nerd
Rookie

all worries about the weather are well and good, but our d has to show up like normal, not like last week...if it plays like it did last week, we're dead
Old 12-16-2004   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
If you look at what the picture file name is, that picture was taken at the Jets game.
The Jets game ? Geez, as I recall it was like 30 degrees in NY that weekend.
I have no idea how poor Jabar is going to survive in Chicago this weekend.
They are suppose to have teens with wind - that means we're talking, very easily, sub 0 wind chill.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #7
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Weather is way over-rated when it comes to affecting the outcome of a game.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2004   #8
Jwwillis
All Pro

Last time the Texans played in weather this cold they won. Remember the crazy Steeler game?
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #9
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Last time the Texans played in weather this cold they won. Remember the crazy Steeler game?
Hopefully the O will not make D do all the work like in that Steelers game
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Buffalo's game last year ranged from 28 to 36 degrees throughout the game
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

so what we are like 2-0 in games where it is 35 or below ?? Maybe it will help us win sunday, but i think we'll win regardless of weather or injuries !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #12
redlion
Rookie

I think the wind will be a bigger factor than how cold it is. Get a good gust of wind and that ball will be all over the feild. Hopefully we'll have a good run game this sunday. And when the ball does go to the air, Carr has gotta hit them between the numbers.
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #13
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
Weather is way over-rated when it comes to affecting the outcome of a game.
Unless your name is Peyton Manning....

I think Houston will be OK this weekend. Remember that we've only been throwing the ball to Davis anyway, so our passing game shouldn't be affected by the weather. If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #14
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
47 total yards and we still won...Thats is still hard to believe
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #15
soldier field
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Buffalo's game last year ranged from 28 to 36 degrees throughout the game
We are not talking about 36 degree weather. Sundays high is supposed to be19 degrees. With a steady 20 mph wind. You factor that wind and we are talking wind chills in the single digits. GOD I LOVE BEAR WEATHER
soldier field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #16
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Posted by texansexile:

"If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it."

Try playing a Dungy cover II with safeties way back, the CBs in Between, and the LBs all playing 35 yards deep, and see how many balls you would complete to AJ! We just do not, yet have the personnel, (two way TEs), and a RB capable of taking it to the house on any one play. That is what it will take to beat Dungies Defense. And of course, a little chipping on Freeney from the RB or TE.
Old 12-17-2004   #17
Section349

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
"At practice today I thought it was good No. 1 to finally get some Chicago weather," said coach Lovie Smith. "We hope the temperature will be somewhere around what it was today for the Texans coming in. They'll probably want to close up the roof or something like that."

Last report I saw said 17 degrees at kickoff with a wind-chill of -5. I'll be there.
Old 12-17-2004   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier field
We are not talking about 36 degree weather. Sundays high is supposed to be19 degrees. With a steady 20 mph wind. You factor that wind and we are talking wind chills in the single digits. GOD I LOVE BEAR WEATHER
I'll be waiting to hear from the local fans, that have no idea what that really means, when they get back .. and get unthawed and the frostbite subsides.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a friend that went to a game once at Soldier Field and she told me that was the coldest she had ever been in her life with the wind blowing into the stadium and she's use to cold weather.

It sounds like it's going to be very windy and I do wonder if that will hamper the passing game and kicking game of the Texans. Oh well. People complain about the little dump offs to DD so much. I'm thinking we'll see more of the same Sunday!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #20
rhc564
Veteran

Default Dungy's Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBullTexan
Posted by texansexile:

"If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it."

Try playing a Dungy cover II with safeties way back, the CBs in Between, and the LBs all playing 35 yards deep, and see how many balls you would complete to AJ! We just do not, yet have the personnel, (two way TEs), and a RB capable of taking it to the house on any one play. That is what it will take to beat Dungies Defense. And of course, a little chipping on Freeney from the RB or TE.
3 teams are ranked below Dungy's defense
Houston
Kansas City
New Orleans
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read