Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do you take, where & what do you ask?

It is the last day off prior to training camp. You get to pick any one Texans player, coach, trainer, scout, GM or Bob McNair. You get to choose where you spend a one hour interview with no questions barred. Who do you select? Where do you go (dinner, your house, other person's home, fishing,etc)? More importantly what do you ask? Remember, no questions will be avoided so if you ask about college or other teams that person was affiliated with, it will be answered.
Old 07-15-2008   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you take, where & what do you ask?

head coach or GM, maybe we're sitting in a hammock. together. holding hands?

or at a table with a microphone. i ask about signing our draft picks!

boy we really need some football soon.

9 days... 9 days.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak, golf just for the chance I can get a contract out of him, and I would ask about true analysist of players, you know the ones that are not the super stars, also I would ask question about my crappy golf game to see if I can improve at the same time.
Old 07-15-2008   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd probably take Kubes fishing. I don't think I'd hammer him too much with the questions, just give him a day off to catch some nice fish. Sure, I'd throw out the regular mumbojumbo, such as "You fish worse than my 9 year old daughter!" and "If you coach like you fish, it's gonna be a long season and a short career for you!". Probably throw him overboard and run over him with my boat if he gave me any grief.

Or maybe not, we could just shoot the chit about a lot of nothin' and talk about how we're looking forward to this upcoming season. More than likely, I wouldn't ask him fishing again though.

Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Alex Gibbs to the Renaissance Festival and ask him, "wings or no wings?"

Old 07-15-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Rick Smith fly fishing. There I would ask him to summarize his thoughts on each position and player currently on the rost. I'd ask him:

*Who are some key players you may look at in the near future to bring to the team via FA or Trade?
*Who can you see trading that is currently on the team and for what?
*If you had to make the decision right now, who makes the 53 man roster?
*Going into the season, what areas do you foresee addressing early in next years' draft?
*What major players may already be targeted to scout (1st day guys)?
*What player do you dislike the most on the team? and which do you like the most?
*What are some stories about players from recent drafts, why the dropped and such? (geared mostly towards texans)
*In recent drafts what are some teams that have tried to trade during the draft and for who that never transpired and why? (geared mostly towards texans)
*Have you told Kubiak or anyone that you have hired me to be your personal assistant, get to sit in on all discussions, and sit in on the Draft with you as well as help out Kubiak and Mr. McNair and that you will be paying me in excess of $100K a year? (trick question: if he says no- it means he just hasn't told them yet)

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 07-15-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I'd probably take Kubes fishing. I don't think I'd hammer him too much with the questions, just give him a day off to catch some nice fish. Sure, I'd throw out the regular mumbojumbo, such as "You fish worse than my 9 year old daughter!" and "If you coach like you fish, it's gonna be a long season and a short career for you!". Probably throw him overboard and run over him with my boat if he gave me any grief.

Or maybe not, we could just shoot the chit about a lot of nothin' and talk about how we're looking forward to this upcoming season. More than likely, I wouldn't ask him fishing again though.

Sheeesh! He just might not go fishing again even if you did ask.
Old 07-17-2008   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I would take Alex Gibbs to the Renaissance Festival and ask him, "wings or no wings?"

KT: So Alex, I saw that ESPN said something to the effect, you would give the Texans some semblance of a consistent running game. Care to comment?

AG: I don't do interviews. But I am digging the wings.
Old 07-17-2008   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would hang with Kubiak.

The only question I would ask is, did you really have a choice with David Carr?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

I think I'd ask Bob McNair "so that last year with Capers, what were you thinking?"
Old 07-21-2008   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

joe marciano. strip club. "so, which ones are real?"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read