Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-27-2004   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I'd like to see them ship the Rams back to LA. Then they could put the Cardinals back in St Louis where they belong and Make the Colts go back to Baltimore where THEY belong. The Ravens could go fill the void left in Indy and the people in Arizona could go back to watching college football like they'd apparently rather do anyway.

The movement of franchises has really been disconcerting to me. I hate it and I've hated it since the day the Colts set all of this (the modern version, I know franchises moved in the past) in motion.

Baltimore without the Colts is just plain wrong. LA without the Rams is wrong. St Louis without the Cardinals may not be wrong (After all who really wants Bidwell in their town) but it sure isn't right. Cleveland without the Browns was wrong and so was Oakland without the Raiders.

The only good thing to come out of franchise free agency is that Nashville has Bud. I'd have waited ten years (instead of 6) if that's what it took to replace Bud Adams with Bob McNair.

They finally have things back in order (somewhat) and the conferences/divisions make as much sense as they're realistically going to. What are they going to do now? Start messing it all up again probably.
Old 05-27-2004   #22
777texans
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to 777texans Send a message via MSN to 777texans Send a message via Yahoo to 777texans

cool thakx for the info. But I have a question will they make two more new team? That way it'll be even. Where should the other NLF team be Texans fan?

Houston Texans first game(s) of the season
2-0
777texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777texans
cool thakx for the info. But I have a question will they make two more new team? That way it'll be even. Where should the other NLF team be Texans fan?

That's a good question actually

Hypothetical Question for Everyone:

Assuming that LA got an expansion team AND the NFL decided to keep the conferences even by adding one more expansion team for balance then...

If it was all up to each of you where would the other team go?

I'm going to think on if before I answer. About the only thing I am positive of is that I wouldn't put the other team anywhere in California and New York City is out. In fact existing towns with teams are all out.
Old 05-27-2004   #24
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777texans

Portland or maybe Las Vegas (I know that would be dificult because of the gambling),
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Portland is a good choice.
I remember reading once that Las Vegas would never get a team because of the gambling. But they would be an excellent choice. Large, growing population and I'm sure they'd do a stadium up right.

Maybe that's wrong. I'm sitting here thinking that didn't that dumb XFL have a team in Las Vegas..
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #26
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

I don't see a problem with Vegas. I know there is a lot of gambling, but if there was going to be any game tampering, they don't have to be in Vegas to do that. Look the point shaving scandals in College basketball. Not all of them ever took place in Vegas.
Old 05-27-2004   #27
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Vegas shouldn't be an issue. Gambling goes on whether a team is there or not. Only should be a concern if there are not good controlls on how its handled. The mob days of running the cassinos of Vegas are gone, but that's not to say there isn't a certain amount of organized crime there, just like there is in NY city and they have two teams. In fact, if there was a real good study done, I bet the mob influence in NY would be higher than in Vegas. Just a hunch. I think Vegas would be a pretty good spot for a team. It would allow me to kill two birds with one stone on my yearly trip.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2004   #28
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know where I read or heard this but I have a vague memory of somebody asking NFL brass once about a team there and they said there was no way because of the gambling, etc.

I'm guessing it's never even going to be a possibility.
Old 05-27-2004   #29
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

No teams from any of the major sports leagues have been in the Sin City, I just don't think that's an image any of the leagues are going for.

Donald Trump could have easily bought a team for Vegas all these years, but he seems more interested in beauty pageants and firing people.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #30
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Trump also likes to brag about how rich he is and how you aren't and how much he has and you don't.

Oh yea. Don't forget he also likes his women young and of the "supermodel" variety.

Like most rich old men!
Old 05-28-2004   #31
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

I would like to see Nebraska and/or Oklahoma get a team, 2 very big football states
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #32
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

What lucrative market does OK or NB have? You have to have companies that can buy those suites and seats. Not to mention, would the Huskers or Sooners like a pro team taking a portion of their revenue? I would see Portland getting a team.
Old 05-28-2004   #33
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Another possible city is Albuquerque. It has been growing by leaps and bounds in the last decade or so.
Old 05-28-2004   #34
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

What if Houston could get another team........why not...the city is huge!

LOL, just an idea!
Old 05-28-2004   #35
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Austin, TX
Columbus, OH
Boston, MA

.... just some cities that popped in.

Oh, just move the Chargers.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #36
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Austin, TX
Columbus, OH
Boston, MA

.... just some cities that popped in.

Oh, just move the Chargers.

If Austin, then why not San Antonio, wait...............Never mind, most people here are mindless front running, band wagon cowgirl fans.
Old 05-28-2004   #37
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

just starting a new team in LA won't work unless you have a dan snyder-like owner...then you would also have to have a coach who is already headed to the hall of fame and doesn't care what the media or fans think of him...honestly the best thing for the nfl to do here is move a team...let's look at the front runners for a team to be moved:

colts-just signed a new deal with indy
cards-nope sorry just got a deal ready to go for their new stadium
viks-just don't see it happening
chargers-the team is in shambles...a new coach...new owner...new admin...new city is needed
titans-bud's done it once he'll do it again

those are about all the teams i've heard mentioned for a move...san diego could easily lose out on having the chargers but i doubt it will happen...anyways...LA isn't a football town...it's just a city to host the superbowl every once in awhile...that's all
Old 05-28-2004   #38
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I'm not so sure that LA won't be a good city this time around. They've had years without NFL football and I would think there are enough rich folks there to support any professional sport.

If they support NHL hockey they'll support NFL football.
Old 05-28-2004   #39
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

L.A. expects too much from a team...if they don't have winning records tickets will be really low. Their expectancy level has always shown to be too high.
Old 05-28-2004   #40
J-Man
Veteran

Folks...if you think the Texans don't get enough pub in the local media try being a NFL team in town with the Lakers. LA is just not a football town...it has the NBA personality and the NBA caters to it. I think you could find some smaller markets that would bend over backwards trying to support a franchise.
Let me throw this out there on the table...Birmingham, AL. Right smack between Tenn, ATL, and NO. I lived there for a year and let me tell you, being from South Texas and being an Aggie I thought I knew what a strong football region was until I saw more fights break out over Auburn vs Alabama than you would see in a minor league hockey game.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read