Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-20-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What Teams do we write off already?

If you had to pick 3 teams that will not make it to playoffs, who would they be and why?

1. Chargers - They have a losers mentality.

2. 49ers - When Ken Dorsey is your starter, things are not right.

3. Bears - They need more offense to win.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #2
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I agree that teams can turn around in 1 year; I dont think these 3 will do it. The bears as a sleeper pick eh? Who is Grossboy going to throw to? Who is going to run the ball? Who is going to rush the passer? Too many questions for me.
Old 05-20-2004   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Arizona - Dennis Green needs more than 1 season.

2) San Diego - Texan fans know, rookie QB & bad O-line not a good combo.

3) Oakland - Norv Turner can't turn this around.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

1. San Diego - bad lines on both sides

2. Arizona - too green (pun intended) right now. Need to add more playmakers on defense and watch their offense mature.

3. 49ers - They lost too many key veterans in the offseason. This team is just struggling to stay under the cap. I see the Redskins being like this in 2-3 years.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

1. 49ers - The whole organization is a mess

2. Browns - Trouble with management.

3. Cardinals - Same old Cards.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

1) 49ers ..they need to rebuild. I don't see them beating out St. Louis/Seattle
2) giants.. improved yes..but in the NFC east
3)Browns.. They seem to be going backwards. Can't believe I am saying this, Cincy on the rise..Baltimore will be tough..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #7
Ravens_52
Rookie

1. Chargers- Bad O Line

2. Browns - Bad Managment

3. Redskins - To much $$$ does not gurantee you a Super Bowl

4. 49ers - Seem to be entering a Rebuilding mode

Last edited by Ravens_52; 05-20-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Ravens_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2004   #8
MarleyFan
Veteran

49ers,49ers, and the 49ers
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #9
Frailty
Rookie

have to say i disagree with many of your picks.
I'd say Cardinals need 1 or 2 more years, Giants(rookie qb sucky tb), San Fransico, and San Diego.

Whats this about the Raiders and Redskins not having good years? Too much money? whatever, Turner nedid nearly entirely the raiders dline, they added to their elite but aged secondary, they upgraded their oline, and their qb is healthy with vet recievers.... Washington will be fun to watch, they are NOT a write off. Portis in an elite back, they have a decent line, they could do some damage. and thye got your blessed Sean Taylor who will take them to the superbowl lol !!!!
And the Bears, are gonna have a chance to do some stuff, they will be in your face runners like the Panthers were....
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

1. 49ers- No Qb, No Wr, No Offense = few points and fewer wins.

2. Chargers- Rookie Qb, Bad O-line

3. Cardinals- No Qb, No talent (except at Wr)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #11
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Chargers: They will have 2 top ten picks next year (GIANTS 1st round pick)

49ers: No QB, No RB, No WR, they will suck

Giants: Eli will not do so hot this year

These three team will have top ten picks next year and most likely one of these team will have the top pick.
Old 05-21-2004   #12
KingRat
Rookie

Default Royal Rodent Droppings

T!ts,Bills,Bears,'Boys,Cards,Bucs,Browns,Bolts

all the teams that will be last in their divisions

KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty
have to say i disagree with many of your picks.
Whats this about the Raiders and Redskins not having good years? Too much money? whatever, Turner nedid nearly entirely the raiders dline, they added to their elite but aged secondary, they upgraded their oline, and their qb is healthy with vet recievers...
The Raiders stunk with Rich Gannon last year. The over the hill gang is just that. And they add a couple of more geriatric types on the D-line? The best thing Al Davis can hope is for another losing season and another high draft pick. Because this bunch is going nowhere (4-12 actually is nowhere). I can't wait to see the Texans slap these old geezers around at Reliant.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #14
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Raiders
Rams
Titans
Cardinals...when don't you.
Cowboys...Redskins and Eagles will take their chances away
Miami
Chargers
Giants
Old 05-21-2004   #15
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

Just responding to an earlier post in this thread.

It's funny that a person thinks a team won't win because they spend to much money. When I look at Redskins, I don't even care about the money aspect. I look at their talent. And I think they look pretty good.

I see Browns, 49ers (T Rattay is their starting QB still, not K Dorsey), Giants & Chargers (Both have rookie QBs, who most likely won't have good seasons).

My surprise team to make it to playoffs will have to be Bears, I see Lovie Smith doing great things witht the Bears. Cincy won't surprise me if they make it to the playoffs, it's pretty much a given as long as Kitna stays healthy, and Palmer doesn't put horrible stats.

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #16
texans
Veteran

1.chargers
2.giants
3.cards
texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly can't "write off" any teams... Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #18
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexansAreTheBest
49ers(T Rattay is their starting QB still, not K Dorsey.)
Until He gets healthy from surgery, Dorsey, not Rattay is the starter.
Old 05-25-2004   #19
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
I honestly can't "write off" any teams... Anything can happen on any given Sunday.
While anything can happen, do you really think teams like San Diego, and the 49ers have any chance? I mean I know its not easy to just say straight up, that a team will not make the playoffs, but there are a couple that make it a little easier to say that.
Old 05-25-2004   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

ANY chance is a lot different than "A" chance and they ALL have "A" chance, but reality is it may not be MUCH of a chance. Personally IMO, to address the thread, I don't think we can "Write Off" any opponets. As a third year team we have to play them all as though we were in the playoffs and fighting for our lives. In fact, I would like us to have a bit more fire, particularly on offense.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read