Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-13-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Seriously, what the hell?

Yesterday I went into (I think) Champs in Memorial City mall. I'm looking at shoes with some friends and I notice the Texans jerseys. What do I find? A WHOLE rack dedicated to Philip Buchanon. Now, I was like "maybe they are on clearance", but these things were $59.99. I was surprised. There were some other ex-Texans too I think, but I didn't put them into my long-term memory.

Just thought I would share.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seriously, what the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Yesterday I went into (I think) Champs in Memorial City mall. I'm looking at shoes with some friends and I notice the Texans jerseys. What do I find? A WHOLE rack dedicated to Philip Buchanon. Now, I was like "maybe they are on clearance", but these things were $59.99. I was surprised. There were some other ex-Texans too I think, but I didn't put them into my long-term memory.

surely they wanted $59.99 for the whole lot
...right?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #3
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Sound like when I went looking for a Pete Chillcut rockets jersey and got throw out of the store for asking.WTF?????????
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

u think Champs is bad, the NFL is pulling the same crap

For only $80 get a customized picture with your name accompined by 3 players that are no longer texans.

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ON HERE IS STILL A TEXAN AND THEY WANT 80 bucks for it LMAO

Quote:
Everyone will know that you are a die-hard fan when they see this NFLŪ Customized Locker Room framed photo from MVP PICS hanging in your home or office. This 8-inch x 10-inch color photo is showcased in an elegant 14-inch x 17-inch wood frame, and proudly displays a picture of your customized "jersey" in the locker room along side other star players' jerseys (minus Davis).
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...entPage=family
Old 07-13-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
surely they wanted $59.99 for the whole lot
...right?
Those funds are being sent from the Texans front office to Buchannon to pay him off NOT to return to a football field in a Texans uniform .... Money well spent imo.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear Champ Sports has a 2 for 1 special on Charles Barkley Houston Rockets Jerseys. It comes with a John Stockton Utah Jazz Jersey so that you ( in the Barkley jersey) and a friend (in the Stockton jersey) can relive Rockets' fans most memorable Barkley moment as you watch him make buckets while standing a foot away.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a Matt Maloney Rockets authentic.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
u think Champs is bad, the NFL is pulling the same crap

For only $80 get a customized picture with your name accompined by 3 players that are no longer texans.

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ON HERE IS STILL A TEXAN AND THEY WANT 80 bucks for it LMAO

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...entPage=family
oh yeah, nothing says, "I suck too" like having your name amongst these three.
The nitwit that thought this up probably got promoted to head of the NFL.com Texans Research Division
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go out of my way to buy a really nice jersey with the sewn on letters if the player is no longer with the team, the jersey is marked down to a stupid low price, and I think that number will appear again with a better owner. This picture with Carr, Davis, and Bradford on it though would take some serious airbrushing to be worth even a big discount price.

It's a moot point however. Even if it were free and changing the names was easy to do it would still only put you in the company of Matt Schaub, Darius Walker, and Joel Dressen. I like my Texans as much as the next guy but that's not worth the trouble at any price. They need to throw those things away and cut their losses.
Old 07-14-2008   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133684 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how the QB and WR don't have footballs in their lockers. Guess they didn't connect much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't wear a jersey with a players name or number on it. Haven't done so in over 5 years. I wish they would make more jersey's without any connection to any particular player. Mine's about worn out!! Hard to find sports wear for women anyway, unless you have a cheerleader body.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #12
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I just don't wear a jersey with a players name or number on it. Haven't done so in over 5 years. I wish they would make more jersey's without any connection to any particular player. Mine's about worn out!! Hard to find sports wear for women anyway, unless you have a cheerleader body.

I say we petition the Marketing Dept. You and I and our old Texan tattooed bodies deserve stylish attire without looking like hoochies!
I've been looking for a new jersey too, and only find teeney tiny tanks PINK TANKS! I'm not wearing PINK!

J/K We ROCK Sandy!
Old 07-14-2008   #13
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this one!

Last edited by nflnutswife; 07-15-2008 at 12:23 PM.
nflnutswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #14
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do what I did, just order a jersey and customize it with your name. I did for my wife and just used my old HS #. It cost the same as getting one with a players name on it, so like many other who don't want to own a jersey with a former player, I know I will be around year after year....God willing !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
I like this one!
'

Me too!!! lol Just wish I could find one in red or white. I ask the folks at the Texan store if I could have one made, customized, and they told me no. NOR, will they be stocking anymore of that style. I personally don't like the way the men's jerseys fit my volupulous curves!! Scary doesn't even come close to describing how I look in one. BUT, you are correct WE ROCK!! I have had my tattoo for almost 7 years!! Like me, it's getting older so might need some tweeking!!

I bet if all the volupulous women in the NFL would start wearing those mini halter tops and tee's, the NFL would soon put out a new line of women's wear!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
'

I bet if all the volupulous women in the NFL would start wearing those mini halter tops and tee's, the NFL would soon put out a new line of women's wear!!

I am with ya GMA. I would love to see all the
voluptuous women wearing mini halters and tees as well!
Old 07-14-2008   #17
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I am with ya GMA. I would love to see all the
voluptuous women wearing mini halters and tees as well!
Like this kind of voluptuous???
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #18
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

You can buy the personalized ones in red, white or blue. I just bought a blue one #40 for one of the gals in my harem.

I'm gonna lay it on her for her 40th along with some tix.

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index....0&doVSearch=no
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #19
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
Like this kind of voluptuous???
No! I wish Dante would dress his age....and gender.

For illustration, see banner at right. ------->
Old 07-14-2008   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Hey, what the hell?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read