Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-11-2008   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hello All

I am Joe Texan and this is what I am doing:

On the 26th of this month I will be handing smoked briskets to all who have ordered them from me. I am planning on stopping the orders after 60 briskets and I have already got 15 ordered with another 20 nods, What I am saying is that we are pre selling them for $40.00 with all proceeds going to the Pro Football Ultimate Fan Association from the Fans of the HOUSTON TEXANS. Only paid reciepts get a brisket and I cannot check this board enough to use it as list of those who want one.
We will deliver on the 26th of July and we leave on the 30th of July represent All Houston Texans at the Hall of Fame Weekend in Canton Ohio. Bronco Billy, Ted C and Kathrine, Harvey the Leatherhead, and myself will be handing the proceeds as a suprise to the PFUFA as a show of support from the Houston Texans Fans. To order a brisket please call me at 713-494-0597 and I will make arrangements to get one to you. I do not check this board enough to ensure you will recieve one unless you call. For all who have already purchased one I say Thank You and To all who are considering I say thank you for the Support.

I am Joe Texan
Thats what I do
Old 07-11-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hello All

I just talked to Joe and he isn't able to get to a computer for a couple of days. He wanted to know if a mod would sticky this for him.

Can't wait for my brisket, thanks for doing this, Joe.
Old 07-13-2008   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I just talked to Joe and he isn't able to get to a computer for a couple of days. He wanted to know if a mod would sticky this for him.

Can't wait for my brisket, thanks for doing this, Joe.
I am very proud to do this for such a great charity. Thanks to everyone puchasing a brisket!
Old 07-13-2008   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happy to purchase one, but, Joe does not answer his phone! Ted, you know how to reach me. I'll be seeing you soon anyway, so I can pay you then, or sooner if needed.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #5
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Katy too far to get one out to? We're at the Westpark Toll Road and the Grand Parkway (99).

I always appreciate those that see a need and step up. Very impressive.

Thanks
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #6
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I appreciate all who want to help out by purchasing a brisket! We will have them available for pick up on Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th. Billy lives on the east side, Joe lives in Spring, Leatherhead (Harvey) lives in Katy, and I live near Meyerland/Bellaire so we will be able to get the briskets near you for pickup.

You may leave your name here and I will add it to the list we have going so far. All briskets will need to be paid for by Thursday 24th or one will not be purchased and smoked for you. You may PM me and I will give you my address to send payment to or you may call me at 281-831-0073 and we will set up other payment arrangements.

All proceeds will go to a great charitable organization that provides toys, fun, food, and excitement to kids in Canton. As Joe said above, we will donate the proceeds in the name of Texans fans. We are really excited about this.

Get your order in NOW!! We will only do 60 briskets and we have sold almost half so far!!
Old 07-15-2008   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I appreciate all who want to help out by purchasing a brisket! We will have them available for pick up on Saturday 26th or Sunday 27th. Billy lives on the east side, Joe lives in Spring, Leatherhead (Harvey) lives in Katy, and I live near Meyerland/Bellaire so we will be able to get the briskets near you for pickup.

You may leave your name here and I will add it to the list we have going so far. All briskets will need to be paid for by Thursday 24th or one will not be purchased and smoked for you. You may PM me and I will give you my address to send payment to or you may call me at 281-831-0073 and we will set up other payment arrangements.

All proceeds will go to a great charitable organization that provides toys, fun, food, and excitement to kids in Canton. As Joe said above, we will donate the proceeds in the name of Texans fans. We are really excited about this.

Get your order in NOW!! We will only do 60 briskets and we have sold almost half so far!!
Ted, I should be on the list already and I will drop a check off in your mailbox. Who should the checks be made out to?
Old 07-15-2008   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

One of the events that we have is a "Kids Tailgate" event in Canton after the Hall of Fame parade. This is last year's kids event. We had Pepsi, hot dogs, games for the kids and the fans brought toys to pass out as well.

Here are a couple pics of the fans handing out their toys to the kids.

You wouldn't believe the smiles that we see that day!!
Old 07-15-2008   #9
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Ted, I should be on the list already and I will drop a check off in your mailbox. Who should the checks be made out to?
You can make it out to me if you give it to me. If you give money to Joe, or Billy, make it out to them. We are going to pay for the briskets together, so it won't really matter. We will keep a list and we will need a phone number so we will be able to contact you when the briskets are ready.
Old 07-15-2008   #10
Tedc
Hardheaded

See what I mean about smiles?? The boy on the right has a Joe Texan fire hat!!

Old 07-16-2008   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ted,

Hope ya signed me up. I'll pay ya when I see ya next week.

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #12
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Ted,

Hope ya signed me up. I'll pay ya when I see ya next week.

Gma
You are always on my list. See ya next week.
Old 07-16-2008   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Grandma You are always on my list as well. Your order is taken
Old 07-17-2008   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

I have gotten several orders since posting. If you would like a smoked brisket next weekend, call me or post on this thread!
Old 07-17-2008   #15
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll buy one, too.

Taking PayPal? Setting up an acct would be cool for those who just wanna donate a few $$$.
Old 07-17-2008   #16
Tedc
Hardheaded

I don't have one set up. You can send me a check. Check your PM's.
Old 07-17-2008   #17
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

JOE! Judging by your avatar, I see that you've lost some weight and changed sexes. I guess I'm too late for a brisket, but will be happy to make a contribution. You have my number amigo.....
Old 07-17-2008   #18
Tedc
Hardheaded

Livid, how ya been!!

You are not too late. Joe, Billy, Harvey and I will be smoking them next Saturday. Check your PM and tell Screwy hello!
Old 07-18-2008   #19
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I don't have one set up. You can send me a check. Check your PM's.

Your check will go out today, sir.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2008   #20
Tedc
Hardheaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Your check will go out today, sir.

Thanks
You donation is very much appreciated and I know the brsket will be wonderful.

Hey everyone!! It is still NOT too late to buy your briskets. Get your order in now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read