Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 1 Playoffs, Start/Sit

Standard Scoring:

Ryan Mathews VS Pats

or

Andre Ellington VS KC

I've ridden Ellington all year but his injury and this matchup concern me.

Thanks. Good luck this week.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 1 Playoffs, Start/Sit

right after I posted the above, I see this on Twitter:

Quote:
@BruceArians - RB Andre Ellington has "severe" hip-pointer. Probably won't practice this week; Hope he can go v #Chiefs; game-day decision

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Need advice on picking a flex spot. I'm leaning towards Kelvin Benjamin, but with Cam's shoddy play as of late it has me concerned. Would you replace him with either Jarvis Landry or Mike wallace? Thanks.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Ryan Mathews VS Pats

or

Andre Ellington VS KC
Ellington is OUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Need advice on picking a flex spot. I'm leaning towards Kelvin Benjamin, but with Cam's shoddy play as of late it has me concerned. Would you replace him with either Jarvis Landry or Mike wallace? Thanks.
All bunched together for me... literally.

Perhaps targets table in last 3 weeks will give you an edge? (RED = red zone)

Code:
TARGETS WEEKS 11-13	 	 	 	 	 
PLAYER	TEAM	 	11	12	13	TOT-TAR	TOT-REC	REC %	RED	TD
K.Benjamin	CAR	 13	bye	12	25	14	56	2	1
J.Landry	MIA	 5	11	11	27	20	74.1	4	3
M.Wallace	MIA	 7	5	11	23	14	60.9	3	1

K.Benjamin*	CAR	 7	13	12	32	17	53.1	2	3
* last 3 games
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alfred Morris vs. NY Giants in NY
LeGarrette Blunt vs. Miami in New England
Eddie Lacy vs. Buffalo in Buffalo

Lacy is listed as Questionable due to a bruised hip and Buffalo's defense is really good vs. the run.
QB for Washington is probably RGIII so that might help take some pressure off Morris.
You never know what N.E. is going to do with their RB's so Blunt could be boom or bust.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Alfred Morris vs. NY Giants in NY
LeGarrette Blunt vs. Miami in New England
Eddie Lacy vs. Buffalo in Buffalo

Lacy is listed as Questionable due to a bruised hip and Buffalo's defense is really good vs. the run.
QB for Washington is probably RGIII so that might help take some pressure off Morris.
You never know what N.E. is going to do with their RB's so Blunt could be boom or bust.
I think Morris is the only one with a good matchup, I stay far away from NE RB's. Morris also does well with RG3 in, though he did help to lose me my first playoff game last week along with the Saints trio of Brees, Ingram and Stills.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I think Morris is the only one with a good matchup, I stay far away from NE RB's. Morris also does well with RG3 in, though he did help to lose me my first playoff game last week along with the Saints trio of Brees, Ingram and Stills.
I cut LaGarrette Blount this morning, picked up the St. Louis defense, and benched the Texans defense because I also have Andrew Luck and TY Hilton on my team. So the choice is down to Lacy or Morris. Morris has a better matchup but that team is a train wreck right now and defenses will concentrate on stopping the run until Washington can prove they can throw the ball consistently. If healthy I think Aaron Rodgers can take some of the pressure off of Lacy, Buffalo won't be able to stuff the box but the Buffalo defense is very good and at home. I think it will be a game time decision. If healthy I'll go with Lacy and if not Morris isn't a bad backup plan.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the semis despite an atrocious RB stable. It's a standard, non PPR league and I need 2 RBs out of the list below. I drafted Tate, Rice, and Ridley, so that explains the mess.

Morris vs NYG
Bell vs MIN
Bernard vs CLE
Stewart vs TB
Murray vs KC

I'm tired of waiting for Morris to have a big game. Bernard's done nothing since coming back. Stewart has shown life and Bell has had 2 good weeks in a row. But Murray is the only one I could see having a big game. Or he could do jack. Stewart and Bell look like the smart picks, but I may need a big game if Rodgers is mortal in Buffalo. Suggestions?
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34219 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm in the semis despite an atrocious RB stable. It's a standard, non PPR league and I need 2 RBs out of the list below. I drafted Tate, Rice, and Ridley, so that explains the mess.

Morris vs NYG
Bell vs MIN
Bernard vs CLE
Stewart vs TB
Murray vs KC

I'm tired of waiting for Morris to have a big game. Bernard's done nothing since coming back. Stewart has shown life and Bell has had 2 good weeks in a row. But Murray is the only one I could see having a big game. Or he could do jack. Stewart and Bell look like the smart picks, but I may need a big game if Rodgers is mortal in Buffalo. Suggestions?
Bell - Should be a good play and he is hot.
Stewart - Been hot the last 2 weeks, primary RB with D'Angelo hurt and with Newton out the Panthers may run more to help out Derek Anderson. Bucs run defense sucks too.
Morris- Has a decent matchup and his primary backup (Helu) is out. The Giants D is not like the Rams so he will be back to his normal production. He did well against them last time.
Bernard - I would sit
Murray - A wildcard, the last time he exploded on the Chiefs with a couple of carries and he did well against the 49ers.

I'd do Bell and Stewart, but I believe Morris vs Stewart will be a wash this week.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 212249 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I'd do Bell and Stewart...
That's how I'm gonna roll. I've gotten this far with mediocre RBs.

BTW, Julio Jones is out. Not playing him or Matt Ryan, so doesn't affect me.
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
So the choice is down to Lacy or Morris...
Ranked even for me this week, go with your gut good luck.

I don't have a good option for Lacy on my team, so fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Morris vs NYG
Bell vs MIN
Bernard vs CLE
Stewart vs TB
Murray vs KC
Bell... Stewart/Murray..Morris for me, go with your gut good luck.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
CoreyG
Veteran

Rep Power: 5728 CoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respected

Flex?

Gio Bernard
Latavius Murray
Mike Evans
CoreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyG View Post
Flex?
Evans for me, go with your gut good luck.
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
CoreyG
Veteran

Rep Power: 5728 CoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respectedCoreyG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Evans for me, go with your gut good luck.
He has been very consistent this year.
CoreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyG View Post
He has been very consistent this year.
Top 10, close to top 5 WR this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read