Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 3 Sit/Start thread

Antonio Gates-TE vs. at the Buffalo Bills (hamstring, listed as probable)

or

Martellus Bennett-TE vs. at the NY Jets

If it weren't for the hamstring issue I'd start Gates but he's listed as probable and did not practice on Wednesday.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97064 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 Sit/Start thread

I'd probably still go with Gates. He has had big games when he's been battling injuries before.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117928 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep watching Gates and only start Martellus Bennett if you absolutely have to. He's a good real life TE but inconsistent in fantasy.
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117928 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Question: should I start Matt Forte against the NYJ defense?

My running back situation in this league (ppr) is:

Matt Forte
LeVeon Bell
Ahmad Bradshaw
Pierre Thomas
Khiry Robinson
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Question: should I start Matt Forte against the NYJ defense?

My running back situation in this league (ppr) is:

Matt Forte
LeVeon Bell
Ahmad Bradshaw
Pierre Thomas
Khiry Robinson
I think I'd go with Bell and Bradshaw, but nobody could fault you for starting who I imagine was your top draft pick over Bradshaw.

Should I go with Ryan tonight vs. the Bucs, or Cutler on Sunday at the Jets?
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think I'd go with Bell and Bradshaw, but nobody could fault you for starting who I imagine was your top draft pick over Bradshaw.

Should I go with Ryan tonight vs. the Bucs, or Cutler on Sunday at the Jets?
The Jets will shut down any running game the Bears try, so expect Cutler to either throw several picks or throw several touchdowns. High risk high reward imo.

TNF sucks but Ryan could have a good game against the Buccs secondary.

Thanks for the advice, too. That's what I think I'm going with... but I might be tempted to leave Forte in as flex.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Jets will shut down any running game the Bears try, so expect Cutler to either throw several picks or throw several touchdowns. High risk high reward imo.

TNF sucks but Ryan could have a good game against the Buccs secondary.

Thanks for the advice, too. That's what I think I'm going with... but I might be tempted to leave Forte in as flex.
I've always heard to never start a player playing on Thursday in your flex. Reason being that for example, if you have Bobby Rainey in your flex tonight and plan on starting McCoy and Leveon Bell as RB1 and RB2 and one of them is injured tomorrow or is suddenly deactivated for any number of reasons you can then put Rainey into their position and then will have a flex spot open.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I've always heard to never start a player playing on Thursday in your flex. Reason being that for example, if you have Bobby Rainey in your flex tonight and plan on starting McCoy and Leveon Bell as RB1 and RB2 and one of them is injured tomorrow or is suddenly deactivated for any number of reasons you can then put Rainey into their position and then will have a flex spot open.
That makes sense. Speaking of Rainey... In my other league (non-ppr) I have

RB1: Chris Ivory
RB2: Khiry Robinson

Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw

Bench: Rainey
Bench: Jamaal Charles (out)
Bench: Doug Martin (Q)

I really want to go with Rainey but I'm hindered by two things. Doug Martin may come back and if so it'll be RBBC, and I'm not sure who to replace out of that lineup because they're all equally mediocre, save Bradshaw. I like Robinson, I think he'll get Mark Ingram's red-zone work for New Orleans, but Ivory hasn't been shabby either.

Should I put in Rainey and if so, who should I replace him with?
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really want to go with Rainey but I'm hindered by two things. Doug Martin may come back and if so it'll be RBBC, and I'm not sure who to replace out of that lineup because they're all equally mediocre, save Bradshaw. I like Robinson, I think he'll get Mark Ingram's red-zone work for New Orleans, but Ivory hasn't been shabby either.

I'd want to go with Rainey too but I can't see having a reason to replace what you have with him. Go with your gut.

I don't think Martin is playing tonight and I've also been told that the only players you should play on Thursday nights are RB's because the defensive linemen and LB's are still recovering from a Sunday game so are more likely to get gassed. Take that for what it's worth.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

FYI...18 September 2014

Jamaal Charles returns to practice for Chiefs

Link

Last edited by playa465; 1 Week Ago at 06:41 PM.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
FYI...18 September 2014

Jamaal Charles returns to practice for Chiefs

Link
Link didn't work but you're right, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on him over through the weekend.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade question. Would you trade Jay cutler for Leveon Bell and Steve Smith? Guy had RG 3 and I had moreno and Ingram go out last week. Drew Brees is my starting QB. PPR league
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Trade question. Would you trade Jay cutler for Leveon Bell and Steve Smith? Guy had RG 3 and I had moreno and Ingram go out last week. Drew Brees is my starting QB. PPR league
Yes for me.
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Dammit. Rainey and the Bucs look like a FCS team come to get slaughtered against Atlanta. On the bright side Matt Ryan is my QB and the other guy has Vincent Jackson, so....
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah.... I mean, have you had to start Cutler yet? Might as well cash him in.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Garbage time is salvaging Rainey even after 2 fumbles lost...
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
playa465
Site Contributor

In my original draft I had the Rams D, picked up the Bucs D in Wk2 thinking they would go off on the Rams QB3 but instead they loss the game and did little damage. This week had me nervous so I did this transaction yesterday morning and it may become the best move I make all year.

Old 1 Week Ago   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In my original draft I had the Rams D, picked up the Bucs D in Wk2 thinking they would go off on the Rams QB3 but instead they loss the game and did little damage. This week had me nervous so I did this transaction yesterday morning and it may become the best move I make all year.

Classic example of the "just in the nick of time"
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Excellent. I made the same exact move this week. Tampa's DL is their strength and they are getting killed by injuries. Time to move on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read