Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-07-2008   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Darius Walker?

I've been hearing some about all the Running backs we have and have heard nothing about D. Walker. I think he showed some flash last year and could a good fit here. He had some power runs. Anyone hear anything so far?
Old 07-07-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Darius Walker?

Unless of injury, I don't anticipate Walker being a part of the Texans roster come opening week.

He's not very quick and he lacks any real burst for the big play. His vision is average at best. He seems like a good guy though.
Old 07-07-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I didn't really see a whole lot of him last year but what I did see of him I really did like he looked strong. I'm hoping that we get a chance early in the season to get a better look at Mr. Walker.

Last edited by gary; 07-07-2008 at 04:53 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I didn't really see a whole lot of him last year but what I did see of him I really did like he looked strong. I'm hoping that an RB will go down early in the season so we'll get a better look at Mr. Walker.
So you're hoping a better player gets hurt so a guy that may not make the team gets some looks?

I'll take the better RB over the sentimental RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker is a good footballplayer, that is it. He is not the fastest, nor the strongest or the greatest at anyone thing. with that said he is a football player. He is the type of back the works well in a zone system the one cut and go type of back. He is capable in pass protection and catching passes out of the backfield.

Everyone wants to knock him out of the picture, but until Taylor actually does something on the field i am not going to. Everything that needs to be done in a zone scheme he can do, he will not wow you but on this team he can be that 4th RB that we need.
Old 07-07-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Walker is a good footballplayer, that is it.
Says the Notre Dame fan......
Old 07-07-2008   #7
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker, if he stays with the team at all, will spend the year on the PS.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2008   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Walker will make the team. He has shown that he can catch the ball, run between tackles, and most importantly hang onto the football.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
So you're hoping a better player gets hurt so a guy that may not make the team gets some looks?

I'll take the better RB over the sentimental RB.
How about for one play? That's all. I just want to see how he does since last year I didn't see much of him.
Old 07-07-2008   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Walker will make the team. He has shown that he can catch the ball, run between tackles, and most importantly hang onto the football.

Right now the depth chart is:
1. Green
2. Brown
3. Walker
4. Slaton
5. Echemandu
6. Taylor

I have a feeling Green gets hurt and is placed on IR. Brown and Walker will split carries and Salton will be the third down back. Echemandu goes to the PS and Taylor is released.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 07-07-2008   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Walker is a good footballplayer, that is it. He is not the fastest, nor the strongest or the greatest at anyone thing. with that said he is a football player. He is the type of back the works well in a zone system the one cut and go type of back. He is capable in pass protection and catching passes out of the backfield.

Everyone wants to knock him out of the picture, but until Taylor actually does something on the field i am not going to. Everything that needs to be done in a zone scheme he can do, he will not wow you but on this team he can be that 4th RB that we need.
This is my eval also. Taylor is a coaches favorite but has shown little on field. Walker has edge imo but may not get on field unless injury takes out some one. And that is more likely than not.
Old 07-07-2008   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Echemandu goes to the PS...
Eche is with the Raiders, now.
Old 07-07-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

I'd much rather have Walker than Taylor who hasn't shown us very much at all.
Old 07-07-2008   #14
Toro59
Rookie

Walker does look like the weak link. I guess it all depends on Taylor
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Echie was "the one first touch-fumble and you're gone" guy.

Walker is seriously on the bubble. With the crew ahead of him though, gonna take one nice ding in preseason and he'll be back into the picture. It's gotta be fish or cut bait time for Taylor. I don't care who loves him.
Old 07-07-2008   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. Green
2. Brown
3. Walker
4. Slaton
5. Echemandu
6. Taylor

I have a feeling Green gets hurt and is placed on IR. Brown and Walker will split carries and Salton will be the third down back. Echemandu goes to the PS and Taylor is released.
And who's list is this?

Boy I cannot wait until Saturday the 26th of July, I will try to get tickets to all the practices, and this is the 1st one. Then we will get to see who is working with who?

IIRC Green will only be working one practice a day, Brown is a pickup requested by Gibbs and we have heard little news about the other guys.

I see Brown and Taylor as the true threats in the offense, Green will show flashes. The rest of the guys will not scare a defense.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'd much rather have Walker than Taylor who hasn't shown us very much at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro59 View Post
Walker does look like the weak link. I guess it all depends on Taylor
I think between Taylor and Walker, the first one to really "get it" and show the coaches he deserves a spot on the roster will get that spot on the roster and be very hard for the other one to catch at that point.

Reps are limited and the position is crowded with a lot of guys who are kind of interchangeable.

Remember that Taylor didn't look all that different from Walker in his "one good game at the end of the year when it didn't matter" and neither one of them is particularly explosive. They'll both make adequat backs in our system if they play within themselves and do what they're told. Either one is capable of getting some confidence and going on a little roll but neither one is more than a 3 at best.
Old 07-07-2008   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
now look sad and say d'oh
D'oh

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 07-07-2008   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think between Taylor and Walker, the first one to really "get it" and show the coaches he deserves a spot on the roster will get that spot on the roster and be very hard for the other one to catch at that point.

Reps are limited and the position is crowded with a lot of guys who are kind of interchangeable.

Remember that Taylor didn't look all that different from Walker in his "one good game at the end of the year when it didn't matter" and neither one of them is particularly explosive. They'll both make adequat backs in our system if they play within themselves and do what they're told. Either one is capable of getting some confidence and going on a little roll but neither one is more than a 3 at best.
We are probably going to carry at least three backs so one of them will get a shot.
Old 07-07-2008   #20
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. Green
2. Brown
3. Walker
4. Slaton
5. Echemandu
6. Taylor

Echemandu isn't even on the squad. He got cut last year for cryin out loud. The depth chart should be:
1. Green
2. Brown
3. Taylor
4. Slaton
then Walker. Oh, he will play (in the preseason), then if he makes it through waivers, the PS.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read