Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-05-2008   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ready for some football?

Tired of discussing whether or not Sage is this or that? Or Schaub? So am I.

Tired of discussing if Mario is pissed because he didnít make the Pro Bowl? So am I.

Tired of googling the net trying to find any new football news to discuss? So am I.

Tired of posting more than usual in The No Spin Zone about politics and global warming? So am I.

Tired of discussing the potential of the Texans this year? So am I.

I swear to all the gods that have ever existed, football season can not get here soon enough. But most especially Iím getting tired of watching old football games on the NFL network, I want some new football. Live football. Iím dying here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for some football?

What he said!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #3
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A-freaking-men!

I just spent part of a Saturday discussing tax policy in the No-Spin. Man was not meant to live this way--we need some football.

PS: on the subject of the NFL network, they should just run wall-to-wall replays of last year's games, not select games on Sunday. And if anyone can explain to me why the Comcast NFL pay-per-view channel seems to be offering every Oilers-Dolphins matchup that ever occurred but nothing else, I'd love to hear it.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well said Thorn. I'm having trouble waiting to see how our team has come together over the offseason, it's killing me. I want to see one pancake block from Duane Brown!!!
Old 07-05-2008   #5
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

You said it dude, Football season is nearly upon us.

Are you ready for some Football! (said in the tone of Monday Night Football) lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Tired of discussing if Mario is pissed because he didnít make the Pro Bowl? So am I.

Tired of googling the net trying to find any new football news to discuss? So am I.

Tired of posting more than usual in The No Spin Zone about politics and global warming? So am I.

I swear to all the gods that have ever existed, football season can not get here soon enough. But most especially Iím getting tired of watching old football games on the NFL network, I want some new football. Live football. Iím dying here.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
A-freaking-men!

I just spent part of a Saturday discussing tax policy in the No-Spin. Man was not meant to live this way--we need some football.
Exactly. We are not meant to discuss tax policies. We are not menat to discuss politics. We are meant to watch football. That is what we do.

Old 07-05-2008   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Exactly. We are not meant to discuss tax policies. We are not menat to discuss politics. We are meant to watch football. That is what we do.
Agree. I can't wait for football season to start.
Sponsored links
Old 07-05-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Agree. I can't wait for football season to start.
and it will start. For the good or bad of the Houstn Texans, it will start. It will start and we shall all be there.

Old 07-05-2008   #9
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I could not agree more. Iím spending way too much time in the no-spin zone, goggling things I wished I had never seen because of the Osi Umenyiora thread, watching almost anything on NFLN (does that channel have any real commercials, I am sick of seeing Bush complain about not be ďitĒ) etc.

On a more positive note: training camp tickets become available on Wed. 9th.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4372

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I could not agree more. Iím spending way too much time in the no-spin zone, goggling things I wished I had never seen because of the Osi Umenyiora thread, watching almost anything on NFLN (does that channel have any real commercials, I am sick of seeing Bush complain about not be ďitĒ) etc.

I'll be there to get my tickets.
Old 07-05-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post

The two that turn my stomach are the Brady Quinn and Vince Young spots.

but I'll live with old games or Top Ten shows on NFLN over having to watch the world series of poker or lacrosse on ESPNx
...or even worse, NASCAR. I'm sorry, but every time I see a race al I can think about is all that $4/gal. gas being wasted.

come onnnnnnnn football!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The two that turn my stomach are the Brady Quinn and Vince Young spots.
We need to have synchronized throw up spots for that shit. Really. We do.

Old 07-05-2008   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tired of discussing if Mario is pissed because he didn’t make the Pro Bowl? So am I.

I swear to all the gods that have ever existed, football season can not get here soon enough. But most especially I’m getting tired of watching old football games on the NFL network, I want some new football. Live football. I’m dying here.

Yes to all the above...except the NSZ posting. That's my general neck of the woods on this board, with the devotional forum be my home away from home.

Believe it or not, I do have another love outside my love for my Lord and my faith, and part of that is Houston football!

It is one of my passions!
Old 07-05-2008   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey now, don't be dissin rose bushes and the womens in VY's life. Or how they do it at Notre Dame.....

Some people in da world man..... don't.... ya know don't.... like da tattoo deal.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #15
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Hey now, don't be dissin rose bushes and the womens in VY's life. Or how they do it at Notre Dame.....

Some people in da world man..... don't.... ya know don't.... like da tattoo deal.
:hurl:

oh crap...
"Clean up on aisle three!"
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #16
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 07-05-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm literally dying on the inside. I hate this time of year. I'm completely a non-believer religion-wise but if I'm wrong and I am in fact going to hell then I'm sure it will eternally be June there.
Old 07-05-2008   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm literally dying on the inside. I hate this time of year. I'm completely a non-believer religion-wise but if I'm wrong and I am in fact going to hell then I'm sure it will eternally June there.

Hell is the absent of football. We all shall be there.

Old 07-05-2008   #19
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That sums it up nicely/exactly/precisely. I feel as if I've been in countdown mode for eons. Even the fish - my other passion - aren't cooperating.

I'll take TC but I'm really ready for some honest to goodness tail gating, screaming and yelling, smash mouth football. I don't think I can stomach another VY tattoo commercial - like who gives a mouse whisker if he has 1 or 100 tattoos - and I've gotten to the point I can talk right along with America's Game commercials. I want a Texan player up there instead of Joe Namath saying, "We did it." I will have to give a to NFL Network for NFL Replay. That is a good thing.

I'm ready to spend some quality time watching football.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #20
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm literally dying on the inside. I hate this time of year. I'm completely a non-believer religion-wise but if I'm wrong and I am in fact going to hell then I'm sure it will eternally June there.
SShhh! If there is a hell, for goodness sakes don't give whomever runs the place any ideas! Just the thought might cause me to repent. On second thought, I'll just have some chocolate.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read