Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-15-2004   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Reese Leaving Titans??

From the rumor mill on Profootballtalk.com

"A rock-solid, front-office type league source tells us that LSU coach Nick Saban will interview for the Dolphins head coaching vacancy on Friday morning."

"There's also talk around the league that if Saban takes the job in Miami, Titans G.M. Floyd Reese could become the President of the Dolphins, since Reese and Saban are good friends."

If true this will really hurt the Titans. IMHO Reese is one of the better GMs.
This site is sometimes wrong but are often right on the mark. Take it for what its worth.

One thing Houston fans do know is that the Budster will not come up with extra cash to keep Reese.

cac
Old 12-15-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If Reese leaves, Fisher might not be far behind. It seems like new GM's often want to put their own stamp on a team. Aren't Steve McNair and Brad Hopkins the only Oilers still on Titans? It seems like the ties to Houston are being cut.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I would really be surprised if Saban left LSU.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I would really be surprised if Saban left LSU.

Me too. Isn't he one of the highest paid college coaches? He's got that program going in the right direction and I think that he could be there for years.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Isn't he one of the highest paid college coaches?
I think he has a clause in his contract that makes sure that he is always the highest paid football coach in college. I dont see him leaving either....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach Saban kills me on his show on 610. He must be the most low key interview ever. He sure is a terrific coach.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Coach Saban kills me on his show on 610. He must be the most low key interview ever. He sure is a terrific coach.
he is one of those guys who hates interviews. Unlike Knight or the Cincinnati BB coach who are antagonistic towards the interviewer, saban just gives no energy or interest to it. From the couple of times when he has shown some interest, Saban comes off as probably pretty lucid if you are just sitting at dinner or having a drink with him. Just my impression, never meet him.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2004   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Reese and Saban worked together as position coaches for the Oilers in the late 80's. Reese had the LBs and I think Saban had the DBs.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read