Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-02-2008   #61
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Osi Umenyiora rips Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Mario was our most impact player last year, not Demeco, no matter how you guys slice it!

He set the tone from the beginning (numbers didnt show it)

I stick by it! Rest of them didnt follow through!
And that was long before people said Mario woke up.

I stick by it! Mario was it from the very first game!
Mario was not "it" from the very first game. I was at the very first game and while he scored a TD.....he had that TD and the 2 sacks gift wrapped to him. (for real, watch the replays of those sacks.....the QB basically ran into him).

People might not admit it, but Mario started the season off exactly like he played his rookie season...inconsistent and shutdown at times. However during the season his light turned on and it was like a "eureka moment" where he all of a sudden realized he is a man child and more importantly BELONGED amongst the best in the NFL....from that period on, he straight DOMINATED. It sure as hell was exciting to watch the progression and swagger he developed last season.

If he can charge out of the gate and play like he did during the second half of last season there will be absolutely no question who the best DE in the entire league is.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 07-04-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Mario was not "it" from the very first game. I was at the very first game and while he scored a TD.....he had that TD and the 2 sacks gift wrapped to him. (for real, watch the replays of those sacks.....the QB basically ran into him).

People might not admit it, but Mario started the season off exactly like he played his rookie season...inconsistent and shutdown. However during the season his light turned on and it was like a "eureka moment" where he all of a sudden realized he is a man child and more importantly BELONGED amongst the best in the NFL....from that period on, he straight DOMINATED. It sure as hell was exciting to watch the progression and swagger he developed last season.

If he can charge out of the gate and play like he did during the second half of last season there will be absolutely no question who the best DE in the entire league is.
Still a good comment.

I still stick to it.

First game to last, as you measure him against the rest of the team.

He was a rock, from the first game!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, I'm game!

Let's work on each game and see how Mario does.

I'm sure people think he's not much at the start.
My stand was Mario is everything I can want from the start. Not dominating, but controlling the game as much as a second year can (and more)! He did a heck of a job!
Old 07-02-2008   #64
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
I'm really excited to see what Mario does this season with the added help, new coaching staff and all the young guys a year older including himself. Should be a good year for him.

Oh yeah Osi...shut up. You got a ring for crying out loud.
How about:

Hey Osi...Go cop a squat and mind your own damn business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #65
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering how he was playing at the end of the year and how he projects moving into next year I'm not so sure he isn't that far off just yet.

I think Osi needs to pull his head out and think about the fact he was third in the league in sacks, did it practically with no one opposite of him all year, and btw Osi he did finish ahead of you in where it counts for DEs. He wasn't gift wrapped a 6 sack game either. Once he got 2 i would've thought any intelligent OC wouldn't started moving SOME sort of help of Justice's side. I think it remains to be seen but I'm curious as to how he plays when Strahan is no longer lining up opposite of him and Mario starting getting some help across from him.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #66
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Good Lord! WTF! Chilidog??

When the model was asked why she would make such a story public she replied, I just had to get it off my chest. Im tired of guys always dumping on me.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #67
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

People might not admit it, but Mario started the season off exactly like he played his rookie season...inconsistent and shutdown. However during the season his light turned on and it was like a "eureka moment" where he all of a sudden realized he is a man child and more importantly BELONGED amongst the best in the NFL....from that period on, he straight DOMINATED. It sure as hell was exciting to watch the progression and swagger he developed last season.

i'm going to have to agree with CB. i remember telling my friends after the first few home games that i was concerned about mario. i think my exact words were: "i just don't know about mario. he just seems kind of invisible." that was even after the two sack and touchdown KC game. (i agree all of those were totally handed to him.) it wasn't until week five against the dolphins where he tipped that pass in the endzone to SAVE a game (that we should have won easily) that i remember thinking that he looked like he was becoming more aggressive.

i'd love to go back and watch those games and see if i'm remembering correctly but at least for me, it seemed to be at least week five or six that he started to "arrive". i realize that the individual plays are not what counts. i'm just using those as highlights to point out specific games that i remember his overall play seemed to being to really improve.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2008   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamie Dukes opened his pie-hole about this yesterday on the NFLN.

Said something to the effect about Mario sitting at home while both Reggie Bust and Vincent "Rose" Young took their teams to the play-offs..

I could understand if he made the argument about there being 36 spots between Mario and Osi, but to go about it that way was weak!! WEAK I tell ya!!!

Old 07-02-2008   #69
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Jamie Dukes opened his pie-hole about this yesterday on the NFLN.

Said something to the effect about Mario sitting at home while both Reggie Bust and Vincent "Rose" Young took their teams to the play-offs..

I could understand if he made the argument about there being 36 spots between Mario and Osi, but to go about it that way was weak!! WEAK I tell ya!!!

Man that was weak....That's okay he compared him to Courtney Brown last off-season and Mario ended up having a great season. The way everything has played out so far will make a Mario a stronger and more determined player....keep it coming blowhards.....

Vince didn't take his team to the playoffs... the defense did. Heck in the game against the Colts Kerry Collins led the Titans to that victory......and against the Texans at home, Kerry won that game also. If Vince played in that game we would have won....no doubt about it.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #70
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Bironas had more to do with the Titans victories then Vince did.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Man that was weak....That's okay he compared him to Courtney Brown last off-season and Mario ended up having a great season. The way everything has played out so far will make a Mario a stronger and more determined player....keep it coming blowhards.....
What makes Duke's BS even weaker was that a week or two ago, he fessed up to being wrong about Mario to another host. (I think it might have been Fran Charles - who was right about Mario)..

......asshat!
Old 07-02-2008   #72
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
How can Mario be higher than DeMeco Ryans is probably a better question. Mario is a good player and I'm happy that he's getting the pub - in part becuase he's earned it but also because it's vindication from the onslaught two years ago. I guess some in the media want to repent for all the Sam Bowie comparisons.

But it's almost like the pendulum is swinging too far the other way. I don't think he's the 6th best player in the league. There's a case to be made that he's only the 3rd best player on his own team.

He's the kind of player that seems to need a rally point so in a way, I'm glad he's in the news in this regard. Maybe the nay-saying from a peer about his position on this list will help his hula vision. Whatever it takes.
I'm guessing that this depends on the criteria you are using. If you were playing a game of who would you rather have right now in their careers and with their injury histories for your team, Williams would rank pretty high. If you were picking MVP to a particular team, maybe that would change.

I'm guessing he ranks higher than both Ryans and Johnson due to injury history and positions they play. AJ is such a good player he makes the list despite missing games. Ryans is a great MLB, but he wasn't the same player on the field with his knee issue, and there are a number of very talented MLBs in the league.

Doing any top 50 depends on your criteria, but if you were doing a game of would you want this guy or that guy on your team, it puts Mario way up the list. Due to the position he plays and how well he is playing this early in his career (with not the line help that an Osi gets for example or playing against Winston Justice).

So, if you were picking AJ, you would be happy with his upside but worried about that knee.

If you were picking Ryans, you know that there are any number of other talented MLBs in the league.

When you look at Williams, you are talking a position on the field that is a premium position and it is truly amazing the statistical season he had given the state of the team. Imagine what he could do:

1. Playing games with a lead when the other team is forced to get one dimensional.
2. Playing in a dominant and established scheme.
3. Playing with an established line (Williams had the highest percentage of sacks for his team than any other player in the league).
4. Playing with a secondary that wasn't absolutely awful.
5. As he gets older, more physically developed and football aware.

I would like for that imagining to become Texans reality.

Which DE would you prefer to acquire for your team? Saying all this stuff in general, and not directed to AJ in particular.
Old 07-02-2008   #73
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm guessing that this depends on the criteria you are using. If you were playing a game of who would you rather have right now in their careers and with their injury histories for your team, Williams would rank pretty high. If you were picking MVP to a particular team, maybe that would change.

I'm guessing he ranks higher than both Ryans and Johnson due to injury history and positions they play. AJ is such a good player he makes the list despite missing games. Ryans is a great MLB, but he wasn't the same player on the field with his knee issue, and there are a number of very talented MLBs in the league.

Doing any top 50 depends on your criteria, but if you were doing a game of would you want this guy or that guy on your team, it puts Mario way up the list. Due to the position he plays and how well he is playing this early in his career (with not the line help that an Osi gets for example or playing against Winston Justice).

So, if you were picking AJ, you would be happy with his upside but worried about that knee.

If you were picking Ryans, you know that there are any number of other talented MLBs in the league.

When you look at Williams, you are talking a position on the field that is a premium position and it is truly amazing the statistical season he had given the state of the team. Imagine what he could do:

1. Playing games with a lead when the other team is forced to get one dimensional.
2. Playing in a dominant and established scheme.
3. Playing with an established line (Williams had the highest percentage of sacks for his team than any other player in the league).
4. Playing with a secondary that wasn't absolutely awful.
5. As he gets older, more physically developed and football aware.

I would like for that imagining to become Texans reality.

Which DE would you prefer to acquire for your team? Saying all this stuff in general, and not directed to AJ in particular.

Old 07-02-2008   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My BALONEY has a first name. It's O-S-I. My BALONEY has a last name. It's F-U-L-L-O-F-I-T. So if you ask me, I will say my BALONEY is OSI FULLOFIT.

I will now depart in my weiner mobile to another thread.
Old 07-02-2008   #75
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm guessing that this depends on the criteria you are using. .
Which should go without saying.

The criteria I was using is the blunt, face value question of who's the better football player because that's how I read Prisco's list - which of course leads to the multi-faceted 'what do you mean, best football player' stuff. I understand the convoluted nature of the question. Top to bottom, I think DeMeco Ryans is a better football player than Mario Williams. And so might be Andre Johnson. It's an opinion, and again, I get all the specific criterion-based arguments and how answers might be different based on situation.

You misinterpreted my comments if they led to your 'who would you prefer at DE then' general question. Mario is obviously a tremendous asset to the team but this is not a 1 or 0 thing. Because I don't see him as the sixth best player in the NFL doesn't mean I think he's a bad player or he isn't worthy of being in the discussion. He's in the discussion. He narrowly missed the Pro Bowl and probably should have gone with DeMeco. I see media over-correcting back the other way on him because there was so much negative and rancid press about that decision, but this is one of those cases where any pub is good. It's an opinion and no one is right or wrong on this ...

Just like there's a lot of good MLBs in the league, there's also a lot of good DEs. Some of your 'close your eyes and imagine' wishes work just as well for DeMeco since he's been playing with substandard LBs on both sides of him (and average at best interior DLs) since he's been here. I think things should improve in that respect this year for both 90 and 59 - which is the bottom line that I care most about.

Last edited by aj.; 07-02-2008 at 07:35 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #76
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
taking a crap on a woman to get sexually aroused isn't serious?

are you serious?!?!? that is pure degenerate pervert loser with big issues with women

paying big money to take dumps on people? that is pretty damn serious if you ask me
??? wtf are you talking about?..

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #77
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
I think he is talking about Osi Umenyiora taking craps on womens chests.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #78
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
You shouldn't, but it's pretty funny, so here ya go. I won't quote it so click on the link to be revolted.
CAUTION!!! Follow the link at you own risk.
Old 07-03-2008   #79
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Osi the Insult Giant thinks this is a good list...to poop on.
Old 07-03-2008   #80
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i'm going to have to agree with CB. i remember telling my friends after the first few home games that i was concerned about mario. i think my exact words were: "i just don't know about mario. he just seems kind of invisible." that was even after the two sack and touchdown KC game. (i agree all of those were totally handed to him.) it wasn't until week five against the dolphins where he tipped that pass in the endzone to SAVE a game (that we should have won easily) that i remember thinking that he looked like he was becoming more aggressive.

i'd love to go back and watch those games and see if i'm remembering correctly but at least for me, it seemed to be at least week five or six that he started to "arrive". i realize that the individual plays are not what counts. i'm just using those as highlights to point out specific games that i remember his overall play seemed to being to really improve.
How can one think that winning Player of the Week is dubious and lucky? Sorry!
Here, I'm gonna review the KC game for ya'

Mario was the difference in the game.
He was the reason we shut down the Chiefs' offense.

Texans 3 and out.
Schaub a bit too anxious, which is understandable for his first game.
PUNT
Great hang time by Turk, almost 5 secs.
Allowing 5 Texans to come down and converge on return man.
Anderson was first one there.

1-10 KC 12 RE
WR Kennison reverse run to left.
Mario disengaged from LT and gave chase. Good.
Clark not quick enough in reaction. 5 yd gain.
Kennison was limping and had to get out of bound; otherwise it would have been more.
2-5 KC 17 RE
Quick pass to right flat, away from MW, 6 yd gain.
Good job by Faggins staying with the WR.
Jason Simons and Demeco came over to support. 6 yd gain.
Nice hit, Demeco.
1-10 KC 23 RE
Clark came up to LOS, outside of Mario.
Mario avoided cut block by TE. Pushed LG away.
Forced RB LJ outside. Very Good.
LT pulled to block on Clark.
Demeco spying, but commited a bit too soon to the inside.
Nice try by Dunta to avoid the WR's block, but too bad, he missed the tackle.
5 yd gain by Johnson. Jacques Reeves would have stayed back and the net result would have been the same. At least Dunta had a chance on the play.
Even if he missed, he slowed down the runner for the cavalry.
2-5 KC 28 RE
Handled initially by LT then double teamed by LG, but managed to hang on and push the LT back toward Huard, may have altered his throwing motion. Huard had to throw the ball higher than he wanted. - Inc. pass high, out of bound.
All 3 LBs dropped back to defend that area. Nobody opened.
Tight coverage by Dunta on Bowe.
3-5 KC 28 LE
Shredded RT to make tackle on LJ's inside run.
Demeco came up but miss the tackle; otherwise, he could have helped MW stop that third down conversion.
Great effort by MW. Our LDT lunged too early, leaving the middle open.
This is what I meant about the defense staying on the field too long.
Poor tackling by different guys, even the best of 'em.
1-10 KC 36 RE
Get pass the LT, forces LJ to freeze for one moment and change direction.
He saw the big monster looming. Great job by Jason Simons shredding the WR's block on the other side, stopping LJ for a one yard loss.
2-11 KC 35 RE
KC sets up a screen pass. MW gets past the RB Bennett quickly, forcing a quick throw, and limiting it to a 3yd gain.
Great job by Clark & TJ staying with the blockers. TJ stopped Bennett's momentum, allowing Cochran time to give help.
3-7 KC 38 LE
Got past RT on a bull rush, shoving him out of the way.
Huard hurried his throw but was still able to complete it for a first down. Good tackle by 21 Fletcher.
1-10 KC 47
Almost get past LT when LG came back to help.
Huard unleashed another quick throw. Only a great shoestring catch by Parker while backpedaling gave KC a first down.
Clark should have given the WR a harder chuck within 5 yd of the LOS.
1-10 HTN 32 Mario out of the line-up.
KC gains 8 yd on a run to RE
KC ran a ZBS scheme to the left. Our LBs overpursued.
LJ cut back to the right. Cochran also should have stayed to contain the outside (it would have been different with Mario.)
2-2 HTN 24 Mario out of the line-up.
KC gains 5 yd on a pass play. Kalu and Cochran couldn't get there quick enough (a hair over 3 secs.) Mario would have been there camping by then.
1-10 HTN 19 Can't see for sure where Mario lined up.
If he was at RE, he was dropping back.
If he was at LE, he pushed back the RT, forcing another high throw by Huard.
Good push in the middle. Clark was also coming from the left side.
Inc. out of bound. Demeco was sucking air.
2-10 HTN 19 RE
Mario went inside, sniffling the RB outside. Great blocking by the Chiefs.
2 guys handled 3 Texans. Come on Greenwood. When you see Demeco taking the inside lane, you ought to stay back and make sure the RB don't cut outside. Well, it was only a split of a second, so I can't really blame ya'
7 yard gain. Nice cut by Bennett.
3-3 HTN 12 RE
Quick throw by Huard. Inc. pass
KC missed a 30 yd FG.

Shouldn't have thrown that pass Matt Schaub!
INT in the endzone.

1-10 KC 20 RE
Run away from mario toward RE 1.5 yd gain.
Good job by Simons, turning LJ back inside.
2-and long 8 KC 21.5 RE
False Start
2-14 KC 16.5
End of Quarter

2-14 KC 16.5 RE
Quick pass by Huard for 5.5 yd gain (1 sec) Texans were playing back, willing to concede the short yardage.
3-8 KC 22 LE
Bad snap. Kalu alertly came up the right side and got on top Huard.
Mario was also in the backfield.
KC punt

Better check the defense Schaub!
Sack by KC
Houston punt.

Anderson recovers the fumble on the punt.
Guy been playing well all day on ST.
Another difficult decision for Kubiak at the LB position.
Good job by Barber and Simons forcing the return man outside and Hutchins laid the wood.

3-2 in the redzone.
Fake run off the ZBS to the left .
Schaub had to throw the ball away with D. Johnson closing in fast.
I hate this call more and more, leaving a defender open.
Wasting a 3rd and 2 situation.
The Broncos also tried it against the Colts a couple of times, and it didn't work either.
This time, Schaub hasn't even completed his drop when Johnson was already in his face.
Texans settled for a FG.

3-0 Texans

1-10 KC 28 RE
Double teamed by LT & TE
Cochran was one on one but couldn't do anything with the RT.
There's the difference!
Great job by Simons defending the pass. Inc.
2-10 KC 28 RE
Quick hitch pass to the right flat.
Good job by Greenwood, 2 yd loss.
3-12 KC 26 LE
Beat RT again and get into Huard's face.
Huard barely get the screen pass off to the back for a short gain.
Good tackle by Hutchins.
Punt.

Simons injured.
Dang, he was playing so well.

Texans ball
1-10 HTN 27
ZBS fake to the left.
However, Winston stayed back to drive block the LDE to the outside.
Leach and Green fake the run up the middle.
Schaub dropped back and fired a pass to AJ.
77 yd TD good guys!
See, I like this call better.
Schaub was well protected by the natural flow of the play.
Leach and Green went up between the RG (Weary) and the RT (Winston).
They obstructed the view of the LBs as well as the Safeties, while also serve as blockers if need be.
Leach not only faked the block, but also released to the outside, freezing the FS for a moment.
The LCB was also frozen by this movement.
He let go of AJ to stay with Leach.
The FS was undecided whether to come up and help or going after AJ and was beaten easily.

1-10 KC 20 RE
Mario went outside, forcing the RB to cut back inside.
Demeco shoulda stay inside when he saw Greenwood already checking the B gap. 4 yd gain.
2-6 KC 24 RE
Quick pass by Huard.
Good hit by Faggins forcing the Inc.
Almost an INT by Demeco.
3-6 KC 24 LE
Mario went outside the RT forcing the RB inside.
A couple of good blocks by the Chiefs to get the first down.
Wrong read by 51, commiting too soon.
1-10 KC 32 RE
Mario went outside the LT forcing the RB inside.
Several good blocks net another first down for the Chiefs.
Faggins was late. Hutchins missed the tackle.
1-10 KC 44 RE
Same thing, this time the Chiefs only get 2 yd.
Demeco and Greenwood did a better job plugging the holes.
2-8 KC 46 Mario out of the line-up
KC gained 1 yd on the ground.
Texans had 9 men in the box. Nowhere to go.
Good job by TJ
3-7 KC 47
10 yd penalty on the Chiefs
3-17 KC 37 LE
Pushing hard on the double team by the RT and the TE, driving them back, and allowing 94 (Kalu?) to stunt to the outside forcing an errant throw by Huard. Almost an INT by Faggins.
PUNT

HALFTIME

1-10 KC 29 RE
Handled well by LT but maintained the edge.
3 yd run up the middle. LBs plug the holes well.
2-7 KC 32 RE
Quick pass by Huard, inc.
3-7 KC 32 LE
Great push on the RT. Putting his big paw up making it hard for Huard.
Never gave up on the play, as he turned around to chase the play.
Rewarded with the fumble recovery for a TD.
Do you see how fast and athletic that guy was?
Cochran wouldn't be strong enough to push that RT.
Weaver wouldn't be fast enough to complete that whole sequence.
And Kalu is simply neither.
First he had to make sure that he fell on the ball to secure it.
Then he got up quickly and ran for the TD.
Three Chiefs offensive linemen on that side didn't even have time to recover.
Even Huard was still looking for the ball.
Mario's reaction is incredible for a big man his size.

1-10 KC 26 RE
Penalty Chiefs
1-20 KC 16 RE
Contained right edge.
Read the run and came back. Demeco already made the tackle. 4yd gain.
2-16 KC 20 RE
Great push on the LT, had a hand on Huard as he was forced into another quick throw.
3 yd pick-up. Good tackle by Dunta.
3-13 KC 23 LE
Shred the double team by the RT and RG, again allowing Kalu to stunt to the outside. Huard was having a nightmare. He was clearly intimidated by Mario's omnipresence. Right, left, right, everywhere he turned, he saw the monster #90.

PUNT

Good ZBS fake run to the right.
Schaub rolled to the left but underthrew Walter, missing a TD.
Consecutive penalties on Salaam and Weary took the Texans out of FG position. Then AJ fumbled the ball.

1-10 KC 28 RE
Quick pass 9 yd gain.
Poor tackling by Clark allowing LJ to gain 3-4 more yards than he should have.
2-1 KC 38 RE
Texans loaded the box but LJ was able to get a first down up the middle.
1-10 KC 42 RE
Handled initially by LT than doubled by LG
Cochran and TJ couldnt get a push on the other side.
9 yd pass. Chiefs crossed midfield for the 1st time.
2-1 TXN 49 RE
Double teamed by LG & TE.
LT pulled to block outside.
1st down run by Chiefs. Clark wasn't fast enough, he barely got the runner's ankle.
1-10 TXN 47 Mario out of the line up.
6 yd pass. Over 3 secs and no push from any D-lineman.
I keep telling people this is the difference!
2-4 TXN 43
5 yd encroachment penalty on Okoye.
1-10 TXN 38 Mario back in at RE
Double teamed ay LT & LG
Quick pass. Gongalez dropped ball.
2-10 TXN 38 RE
Another quick pass (less than 2 sec)
Ball slightly underthrown. Great catch by Bowe.
1-10 TXN 11 LE
Penalty on Chiefs
1-15 TXN 16 RE
Mario stunted inside, applying pressure on Huard who got rid of the ball for a short gain.
2-9 TXN 10 LE
Again, Mario shredded the double team, allowing Maddox to stunt outside.
QB sack Mario/Maddox
3-14 HTN 16 LE
Good push again. Huard dumped off a screen pass for 6 yd
4-8
FG KC

Texans lead 17-3

4th QTR
Green, Dayne, Green, Dayne
10 rushes mixed in with 4 short pass.
Chewed up 10 mins on the clock.
28 yd FG by Chris Brown
Texans lead 20-3 with exactly 5 mins remaining.

1-10 KC 21 LE
2 quick passes netting a 1st down
1-10 KC 32 LE
Kalu sack Huard. Mario and Okoye also there.
That's supposed to be 3 sacks, LOL!
Then Mario applied pressure again from LE
At this time, Huard was just besides himself.
Must have heard footsteps, and thus the INT for TJ

Turn out the light!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read