Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-01-2008   #41
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Osi Umenyiora rips Mario

say what they want. as long as mario keeps getting better that is fine by me

Quote:
Williams, the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, did not understand why he did anything wrong. "I didn't know it was a patented move for the Giants," he said. "I apologize. We almost got into a fight on the field."

Whitfield, a 15-year veteran starting in place of Kareem McKenzie, had no problem with Williams. "How hard he clubbed me, I was still dizzy," Whitfield said. "I didn't even see the sack. All of a sudden I felt the hardest little hit on a human body and I just started flying to the right and he smashed Eli. Shoot, he should have crossed over, dribbled, slam-dunked and all that. You get a sack, that's what you're supposed to do."
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11062006...l_schwartz.htm

wish I could find a pic LOL
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #42
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
wish I could find a pic LOL

From downtown!
Old 07-01-2008   #43
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming from a guy who got most of his sacks last yr against a rookie i think he needs to shut it.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #44
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

From downtown!
What a great pic! Osi "chili dog" Alphabet just needs to get over it.
Old 07-01-2008   #45
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

From downtown!
New Avatar time
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #46
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Guy was our best defensive player last year, what I saw!

And with AJ injured, I'd say Mario was our best player last year.
AJ was hurt, and when he was healthy he was easily our best player. He completely changed our whole offense when he was on the field.

Other than that, I would still roll with Demeco. I just think his leadership was superb and at LB he was able to make more plays.

It's not a knock on Mario or anything, it's just that I thought our other two guys were a little bit more impactful.

I think that we're lucky to have all three!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #47
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm kind of with you on this. Taking off my homer glasses for a minute, how can Mario be higher than Jared Allen?
How can Mario be higher than DeMeco Ryans is probably a better question. Mario is a good player and I'm happy that he's getting the pub - in part becuase he's earned it but also because it's vindication from the onslaught two years ago. I guess some in the media want to repent for all the Sam Bowie comparisons.

But it's almost like the pendulum is swinging too far the other way. I don't think he's the 6th best player in the league. There's a case to be made that he's only the 3rd best player on his own team.

He's the kind of player that seems to need a rally point so in a way, I'm glad he's in the news in this regard. Maybe the nay-saying from a peer about his position on this list will help his hula vision. Whatever it takes.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2008   #48
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's only a rumor.....

He also has a habit of 'ripping' other players too, see Matt Light.
Did you read the chicks blog? No sane person would make that stuff up.

NSFW: Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
How can Mario be higher than DeMeco Ryans is probably a better question. Mario is a good player and I'm happy that he's getting the pub - in part becuase he's earned it but also because it's vindication from the onslaught two years ago. I guess some in the media want to repent for all the Sam Bowie comparisons.

But it's almost like the pendulum is swinging too far the other way. I don't think he's the 6th best player in the league. There's a case to be made that he's only the 3rd best player on his own team.

He's the kind of player that seems to need a rally point so in a way, I'm glad he's in the news in this regard. Maybe the nay-saying from a peer about his position on this list will help his hula vision. Whatever it takes.
You'll get no argument from me - I agree with all the above points.
I especially think the repent thing is really on the money.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #50
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Osi has a point and Mario was rated way too high, but Osi should probably stfu and get back to doing what he does best, taking craps on women's chests.

very classy osi. you are just another dumb subhuman degenerate with a pile of money and your mother should be ashamed of you...

mario = right outside the Top 20 in the NFL
osi = degenerate scumbag
Old 07-01-2008   #51
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Osi has a point and Mario was rated way too high, but Osi should probably stfu and get back to doing what he does best, taking craps on women's chests.

very classy osi. you are just another dumb subhuman degenerate with a pile of money and your mother should be ashamed of you...

mario = right outside the Top 20 in the NFL
osi = degenerate scumbag
lol, it's not that serious...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #52
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Agree, he's getting a lot of love right now, and being rated 6th best player in league is too much - he seemed to respond well when he received criticism and had a point to prove.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #53
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
lol, it's not that serious...
taking a crap on a woman to get sexually aroused isn't serious?

are you serious?!?!? that is pure degenerate pervert loser with big issues with women

paying big money to take dumps on people? that is pretty damn serious if you ask me
Old 07-01-2008   #54
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
You shouldn't, but it's pretty funny, so here ya go. I won't quote it so click on the link to be revolted.
Man WTF?

Quote:
He wanted to pee on me.
Hmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmBRBUZ7UWc
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #55
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Personally, I would hold a man's, who gets off on pinchin' loaves on women, opinion with a grain of salt. I would say it's no more valid than listening to that of a pedophile or other sexual degenerates.

I mean I personally don't think Mario is gonna care what Osi thinks of him. Obviously, the guy's mind is a tad f'ed up to find takin' craps sexually arrousing.
Old 07-01-2008   #56
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i think mario is rated higher than demeco because of the premium that is placed on pass rushind DE's, kind of like a LT over a RT. don't get me wrong, demeco is lights out as a MLB and on his way to a HOF career but no question there is greater value at DE than MLB
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #57
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Coming from a guy who got most of his sacks last yr against a rookie i think he needs to shut it.
that's so very true, forgot about how they let that kid suffer, winston justice?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #58
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I hate rankings. People are arguing over them and each person brings his own set of criteria. Forget about reaching a consensus, the only way to have a rational discussion about a list like this is to specify/prioritize criteria. For example, is the list representative of what the player is expected to achieve in '08. Is it based on his performance in '07? Does it take into account his whole body of work? How are age/ health issues weighted, etc..?

Of course Mario wasn't the 6th best player in the NFL over the course of his career or the '07 season. However, I wouldn't bet against him in '08 and beyond.

A better example for my rantings is college football. The constant argument over team rankings. However, I never hear anyone clarify whether the criteria for a team's ranking is:

1. On field performance of the team for that season?
2. Some combination of record/performance/ and subjective idea of potential?
3. Complicated reward system for strenght of schedule and pure entertainment value

ETC....

DRIVES ME NUTS!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mario was our most impact player last year, not Demeco, no matter how you guys slice it!

He set the tone from the beginning (numbers didnt show it)

I stick by it! Rest of them didnt follow through!
And that was long before people said Mario woke up.

I stick by it! Mario was it from the very first game!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #60
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
that's so very true, forgot about how they let that kid suffer, winston justice?
Yep they just left him out there to get beat everytime.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read