Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2004   #41
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

It will never cease to amaze me that we are not even through with year three and people want coaching changes. Oh wait, I have to get my popcorn out of the MICROWAVE. I can understand that people are frustrated. Don't you all think the players themselves are frustrated with the way THEY have played lately? I think the people that are screaming for coaching changes are the same one's that had the Texans penciled in for the playoffs. Also winning 4 out of 5 earlier in the season gave some people false hopes. I admit, I thought they were playing like a wild card team at the time. But we have been beat by some good teams lately, and people are calling for coaching changes. Not even a suitable topic at this point in time. If we're 5-8 this time next year, then we could have a logical discussion. Rome was not built in a day. And no, I'm not talking about Jim Rome.
Old 12-17-2004   #42
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Right now, Bob McNair could care less. Why, because he's filling the stadium. When, and if, the attendance starts dropping he will take notice. Football is not what this is all about.............
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #43
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right now, Bob McNair could care less. Why, because he's filling the stadium. When, and if, the attendance starts dropping he will take notice. Football is not what this is all about.............
That's horse#@!%!!
Old 12-17-2004   #44
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yes it is Chance C.. McNair has shown plenty of times in interviews that he wants this team to be a champion.

and thanks for the info BornOrange.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #45
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMC
Sounds like a good man for palmers job if you ask me...

While I am not a Palmer hater the same thought crossed my mind when I read this. One can only wonder if it crossed Capers mind when he hired Pendry.

cac
Old 12-17-2004   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Historically Pendry is more conservative than Palmer ever has been.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

That's not fair, Vinny. Even you've admitted that the Texans are hard to watch.

What Ibar (and others) has failed to grasp is that Capers, Carr, & Casserly are in this together. Capers & Casserly won't survive if Carr busts. Carr might hit the road if a new coach & GM come to town and are looking for something else at the QB spot. When the swath of change takes place, its path can be devastating.
Old 12-17-2004   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That wasn't a personal attack. Being a Carr only supporter and hating on the Coaches is what it is. **** has said he doesn't view many games. I'm just calling him out on his harsh redundant opinons blaming the coaches for everything.
I'd suggest letting some of these posts run their course once in a while, or let others debate it. Maybe even bite your tongue - or your fingers in this case. Mods piling on doesn't leave a good impression of freedom to express on this board - no matter how stupid you think it is. Did you ever stop to think that others might view some of your opinions as harsh and redundant too? Just a thought - and of course nothing personal.

Last edited by aj.; 12-18-2004 at 04:36 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004   #49
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

The following is a private Email message I received from Vinny in November of this year.

You are a good man Ibar. I find myself too harsh with you sometimes. I just wanted you to know that while I may be brutally blunt, I respect you. I know that doesn't come thru on my posts, but I find you very tolerant and people like you make me think from time to time.

I'm glad you post your thoughts here. Even if I don't agree with them. I find your disposition something I can learn from at times.

V

I hope Vinny believes this, because I think its an important message for all of us who post here. I furvently believe what I believe. I try not to degrade others for what they believe, but sometimes in the heat of battle we say things we don't mean. I truely believe we have a very big coaching problem and there are lots of statements and things coming out which I think really begin to point to this. Others do not feel that way and its important we all express are views and why. What others say is their belief and that should be alright. We all have a very different perspective of what we see. A fan has posted an interesting piece tonight on the Web about the Audibles. To me its very interesting. A lot of fans are very frustrated with this year's performance. Its not that we are loosing, its how we are loosing. Nobody was unhappy at the end of last year when we lost the close one's, because it looked like we were close and our team had tried its best to win, but a break here or there made the difference. Why with all of the injuries and replacement players did we play better at the end of last year than we are now? God bless all of you and the Texans.
Old 12-18-2004   #50
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why with all of the injuries and replacement players did we play better at the end of last year than we are now?
We only played better in the two games at home -- we got hammered at Jax and Tampa. The Texans play well at home. The Indy game at Reliant last year was a lot like the Indy game at Reliant this year, only this year the Colts scored their TDs at the beginning of the game. Maybe that says a lot about the skills of our replacement players. Ioane, Faggins and Simmons were the three backups who started that game on defense. Except for Wiegert, the offense had all of its starters in place for the Indy game in '03.
Old 12-18-2004   #51
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
hope Vinny believes this, because I think its an important message for all of us who post here. I furvently believe what I believe. I try not to degrade others for what they believe, but sometimes in the heat of battle we say things we don't mean.
I am nice to everyone one-on-one and I don't think anyone who deals with me via PM or in person could say I have been less than decent. I do find you to be decent people but that’s neither here nor there. I am blunt and matter-of-fact and I am quick to throw out what’s on the top of my head. That’s just me. I do take issue with this chronic coach bashing and get into it with you all the time about it so that may never change. As a general observation, fans of players that follow their favorite players from their College programs to the NFL tend to blame the coaches when their favorite players get little to no PT or do not excel like they did in College. I think that is where we butt heads.

Old 12-18-2004   #52
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

I appreciate your feelings Vinny, but I think its fair to say you are very critical of Carr at times and I certainly understand much of what you are saying. However, is it Carr or the coaches and what they are teaching and doing? In reality its probably both. I just feel, however, that for whatever reason the coaching of this team has gone down hill big time. I hope they can make me see differently as I really would like to see the Texans put it all together.
Old 12-18-2004   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I just talk about games & just express what I see. I don't go starting threads talking about replacing Carr. I don't even advocate replacing Carr. I will talk about poor play though. It's poor play at the position I talk most about when discussing my favorite team.

Old 12-19-2004   #54
Jwwillis
All Pro

MAN! We need a win to keep from killin ourselves.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #55
Deadball
Rookie

Default YEah, we're next year's Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Read the last part of THIS article about promoting stability.
In which McNair says:

"I think the greatest example is the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've had two coaches in 35 years. A year ago at this time, they were 5-8 — the exact same record we have — now they're 12-1. They've gone through some of those years, and yet they've stayed the course. There's certainly a reason why they're 12-1."

Here's the way I figure it, I'll wait'll next year if as soon as McNair sees 2 losses next year he fire's Capers and the rest of this hapless bunch of losers.
Deadball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #56
aj.
Hall of Fame

Noll's first four years: 1-13, 5-9, 6-8, 11-3.

Yep, looks like that 4th year is a charm.
Old 12-19-2004   #57
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Noll's first four years: 1-13, 5-9, 6-8, 11-3.

Yep, looks like that 4th year is a charm.

Totally different era. No free agency to speak of. No supplemental draft.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #58
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
It doesn't matter one bit. Stabilty is what McNair wants for this team, and I imagine that the Steelers ownership is serving as a very good guide as to how an NFL owner should handle his team.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #59
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
My Noll comments were a just a smidge tongue in cheek. Always look for the humor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read