Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-29-2008   #1
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who are your favorite non Texans players past and present?

Present: Adrian Peterson, Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis
Past: Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor

Obviously, I chose to exclude Cowboys and Oilers players as well.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Who are your favorite non Texans players past and present?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Present: Adrian Peterson, Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis
Past: Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor

Obviously, I chose to exclude Cowboys and Oilers players as well.
Jughead??

jk....

Tough to say because when it comes to favorite players I am a homer all the way. I have trouble even watching sports after Houston teams are eliminated from contention...which is happening way too often as of late.

I agree about Adrian Peterson...not upset about the Okoye pick [since we didn't have a shot without trading up anyway] but Schaub + AJ + AP all on the field would have been amazing...

I also like watching Brandon Jacobs run...the guy is a monster. I really need to watch more non-Houston games next season.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Dan Marino, Mike Singeltary, Eric Allen, Joe Montana, Seth Joyner, Derrick Thomas, Mark Bavaro, Sean Taylor

Clinton Portis, LT, Carson Palmer, PIT's D-Line (guys come and go but they are always solid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Past: Barry Sanders,Derrick Thomas,Walter Payton,Jerry Rice,Joe Montana,Lawrence Taylor,Dan Marino

Now: Adrian Peterson,Devon Hester,Tom Brady,Brian Urlacher,Derrick Brooks,Patrick Willis,Braylon Edwards,Warrick Dunn

Rookie: Justin Forsett

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 06-30-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Barry Sander yeah like people saying Kevin Walters,lol
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Past: Len Dawson, Fred Biletnikoff, Ronnie Lott, Joe Montana, Reggie White, Randy White

Current: Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey, Patrick Willis, LT, Larry Fitzgerald, Derrick Brooks
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of good old names. How days have passed...

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 06-30-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Patrick Willis
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joe Thomas
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-30-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
A lot of good old names. How days have passed...
If you are saying that at 27 imagine what it will be like at 72!

My list (active players only):

Ben Watson
Tom Brady
Teddy Bruschi
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Jay Cutler
Antonio Gates
Brandon Jacobs
Jason Campbell
Antonio Cromartie

Retired Players:

Bo Jackson
Bo Jackson
Bo Jackson
Bo Jackson

You get the picture.
Old 06-30-2008   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Current players

Tom Brady
Marvin Harrison
Brian Westbrook
Vince Young
Anquan Bolden
Troy Brown

Defense
Ray Lewis
Teddy Bruschi
John Lynch
Michael Griffin
Michael Huff

Retired players
Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Brett Favre
Bo Jackson
Barry Sanders
Bruce Mathews (Love my Oilers)

Defense
Ronnie Lott
Ray Childress (Love my Oilers)
Ron Woodson
Seth Joyner
Derrick Thomas
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate it when we have to play this guy because he has always killed us,
along with most other teams he's plays against, but Dwight Freeney is one of
my favorite NFL players and one of the most entertaining players for me to
watch.
He's an incredible talent with an incredibile motor. One of those rarities who is not only blessed with tremendous natural ability but is also the consummate overachiever.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Patrick Willis
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joe Thomas
I like your list but you forgot Levi Brown & Jonathan Stewart

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I hate it when we have to play this guy because he has always killed us,
along with most other teams he's plays against, but Dwight Freeney is one of
my favorite NFL players and one of the most entertaining players for me to
watch.
He's an incredible talent with an incredibile motor. One of those rarities who is not only blessed with tremendous natural ability but is also the consummate overachiever.

That reminds me...Bob Sanders is one of my favorites. Imagine if he was a Texan?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Past players: Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Haywood Jeffires, and several others I'm forgetting.
Old 07-01-2008   #14
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Without picking former Oilers.

Sacrilege I know but...

Terry Bradshaw
Rocky Blier
Ed Too Tall Jones
Jim Brown
Barry Sanders

No current players hit me as much as those guys but I guess I will go with...

Uhhh....

Adrian Peterson
Randy Moss
LT
The Johnson kid in Cinci

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If you are saying that at 27 imagine what it will be like at 72!
So much so that I aged a whole year before replying.

Agreed. I remember watching Marino to the Mark Brothers, John Elway losing the SB to the 49'ers, seeing Bo play and Herschel Walker. That guy had the quickest feet ever.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2008   #16
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

ELI IS BETTER THAN HIS BROTHER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSlFe...eature=related
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #17
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Who are your favorite non Texans players past and present?

Past: Earl Campbell, Whiteshoes Johnson, Vernon Perry, Paul Warfield, Johnny Unitas, Mike Curtis, Herb Adderley

Present: Jason Taylor, Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson, LaDainian Thomlinson
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Past: Tom Rathman, Dan Fouts, Brent Jones, Mark Bavaro, Walter Payton, Reggie White and I guess Favre goes in the "past" category now, too.

Rathman in particular stands out in my mind.

Present: Peyton Manning, Marion Barber (I hate the 'boys but like watching that dude run), Brian Westbrook, Ed Reed.

Hard to name any present players because I've got such a bias. I almost feel guilty naming players other than Texans.....
Old 07-01-2008   #19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

adrian peterson is by far my favorite non-texan in the league, i've been a believer for years

-Ben Franklin

Last edited by 281; 07-02-2008 at 07:08 PM.
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #20
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Montana
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders
Brett Favre
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read