Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-27-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Buffalo Billsí Lynch loses license over hit-run

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Bills running back Marshawn Lynch had his driver’s license revoked in traffic court on Friday after saying he didn’t know he hit someone while driving on a Buffalo street last month.

Administrative Law Judge Thomas Gagola found Lynch’s behavior on May 31 “constituted a reckless disregard of human life or property.” He also imposed the maximum $100 fine and $50 surcharge after Lynch pleaded guilty to failure to exercise due care toward a pedestrian.

Lynch, the Bills’ first-round draft pick in 2007 out of California, was driving his 2008 Porsche Cayenne SUV in the city’s bar district at 3:30 a.m. when he struck a 27-year-old Ontario woman and kept going.

“It was raining real hard, there was a dancing pedestrian in the middle of the street,” the 22-year-old Lynch said before the hearing. “I slowed down to let her go and continued on my way home. I didn’t know my car had hit anyone or anything.”

Investigators believe the woman Lynch struck was near the woman he saw dancing.
Quote:
In the weeks immediately after the accident, investigators grew frustrated by a lack of cooperation from Lynch and the Bills. That eventually led Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark to subpoena three players and at least two Bills officials, including chief operating officer Russ Brandon, to appear before the grand jury.

The grand jury was dismissed without hearing testimony once the agreement was reached.

Lynch, in his statement, said he was following his lawyer’s advice.

“I regret that this matter has taken some time to resolve,” he said. “If I had known at the time that my vehicle had struck a pedestrian, I would have stopped immediately.

“My greatest concerns and well wishes are of course for Ms. Shpeley. However, I also wish to apologize to my teammates, the entire Buffalo Bills organization and the Buffalo fans for this unfortunate accident,” he said.

Shpeley has indicated she is considering filing a lawsuit against Lynch.
way it sounds i believe the guy, but wonder why the there was feet dragging, unless there is more to the story than what is reported
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #2
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Re: Buffalo Billsí Lynch loses license over hit-run

If I was watching some chick dance in the street, God knows what or who I might run over in the process...This is of course assuming the dancing chick is hot.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin229 View Post
If I was watching some chick dance in the street, God knows what or who I might run over in the process...This is of course assuming the dancing chick is hot.
Or so incredibly not hot that you can't take your eyes off of her because you can't believe the incredible awfulness of it all.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Or so incredibly not hot that you can't take your eyes off of her because you can't believe the incredible awfulness of it all.
Too true.

My eyes might have been so irreparably damaged that I was irreversibly blinded, and could not be held liable for damages in any reasonable court of law. That includes any Cowboys or Titans fans I might accidentally run over.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

For some reason I think Lynch is telling the truth.
Old 06-29-2008   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he deserves worse, the fact that he was hard to get a hold of proves that he knew he did wrong
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
he deserves worse, the fact that he was hard to get a hold of proves that he knew he did wrong
That doesn't prove anything. When was the last time you called him up?

He is an NFL starter (who I don't think is that good, but that is beside the point). He has a busy life. Aside from a normally hectic life that you and I and those around us would consider to be enough of an aversion, Lynch also must deal with the pressures and responsibilities of being a professional athlete and representing his professional organization. By the same ideology that you attempted to use against him: by not being immediately available at the media's whimsical demands, Lynch has proved to be an average American citizen and therefore proves that he was not aware that he had been involved in any wrongdoings.
Old 06-29-2008   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Buffalo Billsí Lynch loses license over hit-run

I read that he might not be able to play in Toronto. Is this true?

... Are the Buffalo Bills at all worried that star running back Marshawn Lynch, being investigated for a hit-and-run involving an Ontario woman, won't be able play in Bills games in Toronto?
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
When a lawyer says STFU the client should listen. Hell, Lynch could have been charged with a lot worse than he was.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read