Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-27-2008   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brink has signed

Mods, if you'd like to roll this into the "Alex Brink: Who are you thread?" - so be it.

The Texans signed quarterback Alex Brink to a rookie contract Thursday. Brink and Dominique Barber are the only two drafted rookies to have signed their deals.

Brink, a seventh-round pick, played four years at Washington State. He started his final 40 consecutive games and was the first Cougar to have two games in his career with five touchdown passes. He is Washington State's all-time leader in career net yards (rushing, receiving and passing) with 11,015 and is the only Cougar to have five 400-yard games.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5859275.html
Old 06-27-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brink has signed

so is this the end of Shane Boyd as a Texan, or will Brink go to the PS?

is it a training camp battle for the 3rd spot now...assuming they carry 3 on the roster?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm still not totally convinced that they'll keep 3. i know that's what kubiak said but i think it depends on some of the unproven position battles and how that all plays out.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
so is this the end of Shane Boyd as a Texan, or will Brink go to the PS?

is it a training camp battle for the 3rd spot now...assuming they carry 3 on the roster?
Kubiak stated that he was uncomfortable with only 2 QB's last season so I am not sure this impacts that 3rd spot since there is no way Brink would be ready (I think he will be on the PS all year if he makes the cut). I guess it remains to be seen if Kubiak actually carries 3 QB's this season. Camp can't come soon enough for this guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Boyd can hold down the 3rd spot and we do carry 3 QB's. Brink to the PS makes sense. That would be 2 solid QB's and 2 projects. Not a bad place to be.
Old 06-27-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

They went way out of their way to take the guy. With a big hole at DE and players on the board in the seventh. You got a number one with injury history, and a two that's an interception machine. I think Mr. Brink is PS insurance in case a worst case scenario pops up. Sounded to me Kubiack really likes the guy potential.
Old 06-27-2008   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in with the the bunch who thinks he ends up on the PS. The only way I think he makes the team is if he flat out beats Boyd in the Preseason or one of the 3 QB's goes down with an injury in TC or Preseason. That's a tough hill to climb. Anyway, I think it will be good for Brink to be brought along slowly. If he has the tools, he'll rise to the top eventually. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-28-2008   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Mods, if you'd like to roll this into the "Alex Brink: Who are you thread?" - so be it....
You mean like this?

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #9
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Count me in with the the bunch who thinks he ends up on the PS. The only way I think he makes the team is if he flat out beats Boyd in the Preseason or one of the 3 QB's goes down with an injury in TC or Preseason. That's a tough hill to climb. Anyway, I think it will be good for Brink to be brought along slowly. If he has the tools, he'll rise to the top eventually. JMHO!
he is the prime example of why the preseason is more important than the normal NFL fan thinks.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read