Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-23-2008   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default 7 Nation Army Chant

If any of you have been watching the 08 Euros you have probably heard this chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhIdg96aYc

I have been wanting to bring "football" chants to football for a long time and I think this is the best one yet. Any of you want to get this thing started this season?
Old 06-23-2008   #2
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 7 Nation Army Chant

Interesting!!!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we EVER have anything that sounds like Indy's OLE chant, I think I would really have to before going to the game!!! If I was a Colts fan I would have to carry a barf bag with me to every game. JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If we EVER have anything that sounds like Indy's OLE chant, I think I would really have to before going to the game!!! If I was a Colts fan I would have to carry a barf bag with me to every game. JMO
I didn't know Indy did an "Ole" chant. I probably heard it on TV and forgot about it.

As far as the 7 nation army chant...I'm kinda "meh" about the whole thing. Chants in a football game just don't seem to go together, IMO. Of course, if the entire stadium started doing it then I would probably join and be like "WOAH! This is wicked!"

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
As far as the 7 nation army chant...I'm kinda "meh" about the whole thing. Chants in a football game just don't seem to go together, IMO. Of course, if the entire stadium started doing it then I would probably join and be like "WOAH! This is wicked!"
Just thinking of something that isnt just the "Lets go [insert team here]" chant, something fresh and different. Its not really that much of a chant, no words just the beat. When half the stadium says Houston and the other Texans or like I mentioned the lets go texans, thats a chant, and its really played out. It is really sweet when the whole stadium takes part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4k6w...eature=related

Well even if nobody joins, im still going to scream it from sect 516
Old 06-23-2008   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

As a fan of the other football, I love songs and chants and such. Nothing better then 30000+ chanting along for their team, but it will never happen here.

We can't even get everybody in their seats before kickoff much less chantting together.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
As a fan of the other football, I love songs and chants and such. Nothing better then 30000+ chanting along for their team, but it will never happen here.

We can't even get everybody in their seats before kickoff much less chantting together.
True. It's possible to get 80,000 people chanting at a college game, but maybe not at an NFL game.

At the Saints game last year I managed to get a large chunk of the stadium to chant "Reggie!! Reggie!!" after he fumbled on the 1 yard line. That was fun.
Old 06-23-2008   #8
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Defensive chants...

IVY League - "Repel them! repel them!
Force them to relinquish the oblong spheroid!"

Redneck - "Yee Haw, get that ball!!!"

we used to use both of those at high school football games. very entertaining to here a few hundred people chanting either one of them

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #9
whiskeyrbl

whaa????
Old 06-24-2008   #10
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Any of you want to get this thing started this season?
Not a chance.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #11
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
If any of you have been watching the 08 Euros you have probably heard this chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhIdg96aYc

I have been wanting to bring "football" chants to football for a long time and I think this is the best one yet. Any of you want to get this thing started this season?
I personally would love to get this started. But it probably won't happen. :/
Old 06-25-2008   #12
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Nl2rwd8QU

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan View Post
Holy cow...that would be scary as hell.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #14
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Holy cow...that would be scary as hell.
that is nothing, I have been to games in Athens it's crazy

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #15
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
True. It's possible to get 80,000 people chanting at a college game, but maybe not at an NFL game.

At the Saints game last year I managed to get a large chunk of the stadium to chant "Reggie!! Reggie!!" after he fumbled on the 1 yard line. That was fun.

I guess you have never been to a Jets game and seen this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOPzbtF_yhQ

Thats Fireman Ed and he leads the chant that the whole entire stadium does. My wife and I were there for the Jets and Texans several years ago and its impressive to see 80,000 fans watching this guy on another mans shoulders start waving his arms and he starts the J E T S, jets jets jets chant and the whole stadium does it.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #16
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally...I think the Preacher Man should start off the chant for the whole stadium. He already has a rather large following though!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #17
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I've been to a Jets game.
And yes, the whole "JAY-EEE-TEE-ESS Jets! Jets! Jets!" thing is WAY impressive.

The frist time I heard was just before the Jet-Pats (week #1) game in 1999. All of a sudden, the entire stadium went SILENT. It was as if everyone just stopped talking at the same time for no reason. I could tell something was afoot, but I had no idea what. Then all of a sudden, 70,000 fans belted out the chant. As a true fan of seeing football games in person, I was in awe.

As touched on above. We're a LONG way from that at Reliant. I'd settle for having people actually sit in their seats and watch the game. That would be a start. I've been to many NFL stadiums over the years. Texans fans seem to be really good at buying tickets, but when it comes to sitting in their seats and watching football, we're pretty pathetic.

Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #18
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post

The frist time I heard was just before the Jet-Pats (week #1) game in 1999. All of a sudden, the entire stadium went SILENT. It was as if everyone just stopped talking at the same time for no reason. I could tell something was afoot, but I had no idea what. Then all of a sudden, 70,000 fans belted out the chant. As a true fan of seeing football games in person, I was in awe.

As touched on above. We're a LONG way from that at Reliant. I'd settle for having people actually sit in their seats and watch the game. That would be a start. I've been to many NFL stadiums over the years. Texans fans seem to be really good at buying tickets, but when it comes to sitting in their seats and watching football, we're pretty pathetic.

Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

bpe3

I completely agree with you 100%! The jets chant was one of the most amazing things I've seen at a football stadium and I completely agree with you that the Texan fans should take the baby steps first!

We have to many fans who spend to much time just tailgating and don't really care when they get into the stadium. That same game I went to, there is a group that is called Troop 16H that we had the honor to tailgate with that would BLOW AWAY any of the tailgates we have and not one of them that have tickets are late getting into the stadium.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I guess you have never been to a Jets game and seen this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOPzbtF_yhQ

Thats Fireman Ed and he leads the chant that the whole entire stadium does. My wife and I were there for the Jets and Texans several years ago and its impressive to see 80,000 fans watching this guy on another mans shoulders start waving his arms and he starts the J E T S, jets jets jets chant and the whole stadium does it.
Impressive. I have never heard of that before. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 06-25-2008   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpe3 View Post

The frist time I heard was just before the Jet-Pats (week #1) game in 1999. All of a sudden, the entire stadium went SILENT. It was as if everyone just stopped talking at the same time for no reason. I...
Does anyone know how fireman Ed gets everyones attention? Is there a set time? Do they put the big screen on him just before it goes down?

Shoot colleges all over do it - It can be done here - it would just need some coordinating to get off the ground.

- assume bull pen and / or dark side would give "the signal"
- obviously gotta know what the chant is (I think that'd go over "easier" than the soccer singing). And something simple and quick.

but before that, we'd need:
- inform the masses on this site and the other (since most of the diehards reside on the mesageboard - especially during offseason) and set it up.
- spread the word at tailgating
- try to get the stadium / camerman on it so there's the additional support.
- keep doing it till it catches on. It'll drag at first, but consistancy is key to give it legs.

So, instead of saying it can't be done... why not do it? I'm sure if it catches on, even the golf clappers in the luxury boxes would think it's spiffy...

... no offense to the golf clappers.....

So - what's the chant?

I was just thinking, maybe it's the "wha ah ah ah ah" from our entrance song then scream TEXANS.... but I think it needs short, spaced sounds like GB does with go... pack... go and the Jets as mentioned above.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read