Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-24-2008   #21
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Cincy South???

Yes reading comprehension is key. Last I check the AFC was in the NFL thus the AFC and NFC championship trophies are NFL championship trophies. If you want to get down to the actual wording try the Lombardi Trophy.

I know it is hard to even imagine as Texans fans but you should actually read what you are saying before you try to put someone down and look like boobs.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #22
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*shivers* ooooooooooh, not the old "we left an imprssion" bit!!! I bet that impression carries on over...
By impression I mean some of there best players were left either unable to play of hobbling. I would say the loss of Gates had a huge impact.

Old 06-24-2008   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Yes reading comprehension is key. Last I check the AFC was in the NFL thus the AFC and NFC championship trophies are NFL championship trophies. If you want to get down to the actual wording try the Lombardi Trophy.

You can squirm and worm your way with semantics all you want, but you and I both know that the score is even with regards to the Lombardi Trophy.

The difference? Almost 50 years of pure futility compared to a six year franchise.

And c'mon, acting like a conference trophy is the same thing as an NFL Championship trophy is a weak argument, at best. But, then again, you've chosen to abandon your hometown team that actually has NFL Championships in it's history for the fat slug's team, so I suppose nothing is really beneath you.

p.s. Did you know that your QB has his own smiley on the forum?

We should probably use it in every reply to you so you feel more at home.
Old 06-24-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

In all fairness, you PM'd me to tell me that Vincent shares it with Hobie (and I think you meant more than the smiley).
Old 06-24-2008   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
By impression I mean some of there best players were left either unable to play of hobbling. I would say the loss of Gates had a huge impact.
Okay... Now I gotcha....

Moral victories add up.........
Old 06-24-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Okay... Now I gotcha....

Moral victories add up.........

Do the Texans even have any of those?

Old 06-24-2008   #27
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
You can squirm and worm your way with semantics all you want, but you and I both know that the score is even with regards to the Lombardi Trophy.

The difference? Almost 50 years of pure futility compared to a six year franchise.

And c'mon, acting like a conference trophy is the same thing as an NFL Championship trophy is a weak argument, at best. But, then again, you've chosen to abandon your hometown team that actually has NFL Championships in it's history for the fat slug's team, so I suppose nothing is really beneath you.

We should probably use it in every reply to you so you feel more at home.

Was my comment inaccurate? I was pretty clear in the first post what I was refering too.

I could careless if Young marries a cow and puts lipstick on to milk its utters ... if he is not losing us games then I am happy. See people life choices are not my concern, I enjoy football.

Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2008   #28
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was my comment inaccurate? I was pretty clear in the first post what I was refering too.

I could careless if Young marries a cow and puts lipstick on to milk its utters ... if he is not losing us games then I am happy. See people life choices are not my concern, I enjoy football.
Yes, yes, yes, you are right. Its all about VY. Lighting up the score board to the high tens and consistently leading his team into field goal range. VY throwing 20 INT's last year was just him trying to keep the game close and keeping people in there seats. I understand, its all about ratings.

The Titans win in-spite of not because of VY. Your best QB rides the pine. Heck, when it comes right down to it, if it wasn't for Albert Haynseworth playing for a new contract the Titans finish 6-10/4-12.

But heres to your hero, Heres to Vince Young.

And just remember boys and girls, you can't spell vaginal yeast infection without VY.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #29
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

regardless we still sweep you ... and the Texans still finish in last place

Old 06-24-2008   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
regardless we still sweep you ... and the Texans still finish in last place
True. But this is a new season and while the Texans have gotten stronger and bettered there team the Titans have stayed complacent and have made no upgrades.

But don't worry, I'll wave to you as we pass you guys on the way up.

Old 06-24-2008   #31
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
True. But this is a new season
Texans battle cry ...

Old 06-25-2008   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Texans battle cry ...

Old 06-25-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Do the Texans even have any of those?
Wouldn't know. We don't count 'em....... They're reserved for futile franchises (see the Cardinals, Titans, etc.).
Old 06-25-2008   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Texans battle cry ...
Tinnbread's battle cry: "honey, would ya put your teeth back in" which was preceded by "honey, go brush your toof."
Old 06-25-2008   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
People, if we keep posting the sausage smiley, don't be surprised to find Vincent lurking around.... We already know how much he loves his sausage!!
Old 06-25-2008   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was my comment inaccurate?
It depends on perspective. Obviously, you started arguing semantics, which means your point was weak, at best.
Old 06-25-2008   #37
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could careless if Young marries a cow and puts lipstick on to milk its utters ...
Why would that bother you? You are a Titan fan after all.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #38
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Why would that bother you? You are a Titan fan after all.
Cows are more of a Texas thing. Probably where Young picked it up.

Old 06-25-2008   #39
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
It depends on perspective. Obviously, you started arguing semantics, which means your point was weak, at best.
There are no semantics involved. If you want to call me out and say I do not know what I am talking about after I post a trophy for the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP and say were did not earn a CHAMPIONSHIP trophy I would imagine you have no argument at all. Super Bowl trophies no but that is not what was said. I am not a cow whisperer.

Old 06-25-2008   #40
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
There are no semantics involved. If you want to call me out and say I do not know what I am talking about after I post a trophy for the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Stop right there. I never said anything about a conference championship.

If you don't know/can't tell the difference between a league and a conference, there are always those remedial courses for women on the basic aspects of pro football you could take.

Quote:
But go ahead and gloat, because at the end of the day, you have the same number of NFL championship trophies in your display case as our young franchise.
An NFL championship is not the same as the AFC championship, trollboy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read