Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-22-2008   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up One Two Three Punch~!!

Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, and Demeco Ryans recieving signals through his helmet are going to be a force to contend with in the leagues toughest division.

Seeing the role pressuring the QB played in the Super Bowl last season, has me thinking that the Texans run could poise them at the top of the division, considering how the all three QB's in this division have a nack for choking under pressure.

Garrard had 8 turnovers last season againt the last 4 play-off opponents in 2007 due to pressure, it was actually 8 but one of the INT's got called back due to a phantom holding call in Indy. We all know Manning has made a career of choking under pressure, while oung has proved to be nothing more than an overhyped bust that cost Chow his Job.

I took the liberty to check out your schedule to see what other QB's and offensive lines you all will be facing this season, and I was shocked to see that there was only 2 outside the QB's in this division who actually have the mettle to stand up to what appears to be some serious heat with the 1,2,3 Punch the texans defense looks to be bringing this season in the form of QB pressure. I can see this defense getting the nick the "Pressure Cooker" this season.

Carson Palmer and Derek Anderson seem to be the only two legit threats at QB outside of the division, and the beauty of this is that both teams that the QB's play for possess some of the worst defenses in the league ranking 27th and 30th last season.

This brings us to the rest of the QB's in the schedule which makes this schedule look like it was hand picked by wan beldez...

Ben Rothlisberger has got to be the most overhyped QB in history, this is a QB who has proven that he can not carry his team, when the running game collapses, and given the state of the texans offensive line, Ben will be forced into the position of having to carry his team against the Texans... The only reason the Jaguars beat the Steelers in the wild card game last season was because Ben wound up having a worst game than Garrard who was 9/21 2 ints and 140 yards...

Kyle Boller
John Beck, Josh McCown
John Kitna
Tarvaris Jackson
Aaron Rodgers
Jamarcus Russell
Rex Grossman

Texans look to be playing 7 games with Top 10 offensive line's this season.
GB, Indy, Jags, Browns and Vikings. I imagine the Texans are in position to win at least 4 of those games givin the fact that Daunta ought to be back by then to turn the heat up pressure wise...

10-6 @ this rate seems to be par for the Texans this season a Birdie could mean the difference between a wild card or division title in the play-offs his season, as I imagine the worst that the Texans can do this season is split with thier division rivals, given the improvements that where made to their offensive line not to mention the depth possessed at the QB position.

Texans surprisingly have just as good a shot @ taking the division title as the Jaguars do this season from Indy IMO. The beauty is that the Texans are flying low under the radar this season, while the Jags and Indy have huge targets on their backs to contend with from their opponents and with young more than likely having to learn a new offensive system now that Chow is out the future is only getting brighter for this franchise where the sky seems to be the limit.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #2
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: One Two Three Punch~!!

Texans are on the verge of taking their 24th ranked defense and transforming it into being one of the top ten in the league, considering that the Texans offense is going up against 7 teams who possess defenses whose average ranking was 26th last season.

This will go a long way into helping the defense stay fresh as the Texans Time of Possession factor playing a key role with the Ahman Green on the scene; not to mention half of the games the defense will face next season will be against offenses that finished in the bottom half of the league last season, and you might as well add GB to that list considering the fact that their running game will not be able to carry Rogers this season...
Old 06-22-2008   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope you guys are right
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure about a jump into the top 10 but I think realistically top 15 would be the goal.

If we're going to want a shot at the playoffs we need to be at least 3-3 in our own division. It becomes monumental to stop the run this year because that is how we're going to beat Jax and Tenn. If we could make a 1-1 split with Indy I'd be happy. On offense we need to be able to run the ball and this year not settle for field goals in the red zone.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #5
Jagsbch
Veteran

Cool Re: One Two Three Punch~!!

I can't help but think top 10 considering the list of QB's on the schedule not to mention the heat this defense will be bringing pressure wise on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
On offense we need to be able to run the ball and this year not settle for field goals in the red zone.
With Green now healthy and running behind a now healthy and revamped offensive line, led by blocking guru Alex Gibbs who is bringing an attacking zone-blocking scheme to Kubiaks offense, will more than likely make the Texans rushing game highly effective, in opening up the passing game.

With 11 games this season against teams who ranked in the top half of the league in rushing last season, it's hard for me to give this tandem a top ten ranking, even though there is no doubt in my mind that they have top ten potential...

Jaguars had 7 teams that averaged over 300 yards passing on their passing defense last season. Mathis remains questionable as to whether he will ever return to his probowl form, considering his physical playt has taken a toll on his body to the point it remains to be seen if he can get back to being 100% again...

While you have to remain balanced with your offensive attack, IMO the Texans must persue being highly aggressive with their passing offense this season. While it is true that defenses win Championships, it is in mastering the aggressive passing offense that has been making all the difference in the world as of late...

It appears that the sophistication of offenses has evolved to the point that you might as well give up hopes for the Lombardi if you can't get your passing offense playing like one of the best in the league. It is not enough to just have a good defense any more, but being able to keep up with the contending opponents passing offense, this is a lesson JDR still refuses to learn...

Texans passing offense ranked 11th in yards last season, and 12th in points. If the Texans rushing offense would have managed 20 more yards a game last season, that would have put them in the top 10 in rushing, meaning that all that have to do this season is find a way to get 20 more yards out of their rushing offense this season in order to be a well oiled and balanced machine. I can see that happening, especially with AJ back keeping the safeties in check...
Old 06-22-2008   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

who stole Jasgbch's homer-drivel soul? Who is this poster? Jasgbch used to be considered a blind homer by the homer fans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, it's been awhile since I saw somebody who made me say "Now that's a homer".

Good job jagsbch
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say I like where his head is at.
But the one thing he's overlooking is our turnovers.
Choking four turnovers out of Big Ben is how they beat the Steelers.
And that's the key to us having a successful season, cutting out the dang turnovers. We can't give the ball away 2+ times/game and be successful.

yeah, I know, I keep saying that but its the thing that bugs me the most.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
who stole Jasgbch's homer-drivel soul? Who is this poster? Jasgbch used to be considered a blind homer by the homer fans.
I'm wondering if he lost some sort of bet...maybe a doctor needs to examine him.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

LET'S GO ALREADY!

I'm ready for this season to start. Boy, I'm easily manipulated. I read a fan rant like that and my pulse quickens and I can't help but scream, "yeah, baby!"

Come one, SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
I can't help but think top 10 considering the list of QB's on the schedule not to mention the heat this defense will be bringing pressure wise on them...

With Green now healthy and running behind a now healthy and revamped offensive line, led by blocking guru Alex Gibbs who is bringing an attacking zone-blocking scheme to Kubiaks offense, will more than likely make the Texans rushing game highly effective, in opening up the passing game.

With 11 games this season against teams who ranked in the top half of the league in rushing last season, it's hard for me to give this tandem a top ten ranking, even though there is no doubt in my mind that they have top ten potential...

Jaguars had 7 teams that averaged over 300 yards passing on their passing defense last season. Mathis remains questionable as to whether he will ever return to his probowl form, considering his physical playt has taken a toll on his body to the point it remains to be seen if he can get back to being 100% again...
While you have to remain balanced with your offensive attack, IMO the Texans must persue being highly aggressive with their passing offense this season. While it is true that defenses win Championships, it is in mastering the aggressive passing offense that has been making all the difference in the world as of late...

It appears that the sophistication of offenses has evolved to the point that you might as well give up hopes for the Lombardi if you can't get your passing offense playing like one of the best in the league. It is not enough to just have a good defense any more, but being able to keep up with the contending opponents passing offense, this is a lesson JDR still refuses to learn...

Texans passing offense ranked 11th in yards last season, and 12th in points. If the Texans rushing offense would have managed 20 more yards a game last season, that would have put them in the top 10 in rushing, meaning that all that have to do this season is find a way to get 20 more yards out of their rushing offense this season in order to be a well oiled and balanced machine. I can see that happening, especially with AJ back keeping the safeties in check...
Mathis? Do you mean Jerome Mathis? He isn't on the Texans anymore. In fact the Redskins also waived him.
Old 06-22-2008   #12
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Mathis? Do you mean Jerome Mathis? He isn't on the Texans anymore. In fact the Redskins also waived him.
Jaguars CB Rashean Mathis.
Old 06-22-2008   #13
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok sorry
Old 06-23-2008   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the starters to step up (besides AJ. Mario, Demeco etc)but also those that have steady but not spectacular seasons, such as Greenwood and Anthony Weaver. Man, I am so hopeful that Weaver has a very good year cause he has brought little and he should be healthy. I think the back ups are where a big difference can be. Almost all positions have better bench players now. New guys like Reeves, Okam, Molden, Slaton should want to show something.
Old 06-23-2008   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only team in our division that we earned respect from is the Jags. Why wouldn't he be positive about our team.

Hell, I even heard that some of their fans are even giving up their season tickets and moving to Houston... I could be wrong about that though. They might just be giving up their season tickets.

BTW, that was a good write-up jagsbch.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I also think that Molden is a late bloomer.
The loss of his girlfriend to cancer meant that he had to deal with it for awhile, maybe 3 months, maybe 3 years??? That ought to be a burden on the young man.

I've been wanting to post this link but couldn't find it until now.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/apr/2...nobody-to-nfl/

Side note: It would be strange to find Molden the prosecutor going against Okam the defense lawyer (if Okam choose that career).

Or maybe they can be on the same team, one can be the lead prosecutor, the other can be assistant.
It would be intimidating having to face a three hundred and fourty-something pound prosecutor, don't you think?!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read