Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-08-2008   #141
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Yet to be resolved nor do I care. I can't forget how much fun I had at last season's season opener. I'll be joining the two fellows from TexansTalk at Pluckers in Round Rock beginning next week and so on but the first game has to be at Third Base. It was electric and I felt as if I was at the game.

Thanks, Spec. I hope you get it solved so I can at least enjoy this game to the fullest. Only one TV has to have it. Not all of them. I'm easy to work with!
As long as the game is on regular TV I will probably stay home, when the games are not I will be at the Pluckers in RR, which we know is going to happen at some point, this week I will be in Houston for the Baltimore game.

*edit - wow this was post 3K and I didn't even realize it.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #142
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

Old 09-09-2008   #143
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

you, me, kt, spec, texinator, dale murphy, barrett
dale and barrett were to you left, fyi.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #144
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for letting you guys down, but I couldn't make it Sunday because I had to go to brunch with the in-laws. Yay.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #145
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

sounds good wig. saxon it is. see you in two weeks.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #146
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm. I was there too as well as my family.

Captioning couldn't work out once again. Eh. Not really a big surprise.

What a dismissal showing by the members of the board as opposed to last season's opener. There simply weren't any fans out there and those who DID show up left. I stayed until the final tick and on my way out, I watched Favre steal away a win from the Dolphins.

Adios, Third Base.
Old 09-12-2008   #147
fredaustex
Rookie

Quote:
I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

I mostly just lurk on the board, but I was there as well. Third base was horrible in seating people. First they tried to put us in a room where there was no possible way to watch the game. We moved ourselves to that back room where ya'll were but I ended up having to look straight up at the tv above me to see the game. I'll have to check out Saxon Pub for the next away game.
fredaustex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2008   #148
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on down, we have the place to ourselves. Obviuosly the Ravens game wont be shown or at least not on the big screen because of the live music they have there.
Old 09-15-2008   #149
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

shit i forgot about night games.. screw it. lets just be cowboy fans.
Old 09-15-2008   #150
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

The only night game is the Jax game. I will watch that at home most likely but the others I am going to the Saxon.
Old 09-16-2008   #151
barrett
Hall of Fame

i was just thinking long term. next year when we have 9 prime time games it will be a problem.

none the less, i'm kind of excited about heading over to the saxon. i guess we should start some kind of roll call:

me = 1
Old 09-21-2008   #152
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been watching games at The Saxon for 15 years. That's where I met Big Wig actually. I'll be there. If we can ever turn this team around and get a fan base built again we may be able to get the boards and shotguns running again at the Saxon Pub also.
I personally will probably never go back to " The Turd Base " because of exactly what Wig stated.

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #153
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd come join y'all at the Saxon for a game or two if I could. But the bastards won't let me in.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #154
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 2447 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are you barred? Most of the night crew never go in on Sundays, so you'd probably not be noticed.

Old 09-21-2008   #155
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Why are you barred? Most of the night crew never go in on Sundays, so you'd probably not be noticed.
Look at his age.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #156
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Ill try to start going to Saxon. Its hard to deal with the losses at home alone haha.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #157
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

I would like to answer this " AT HOME"
It looks like no one will show up again just like it has been year in year out.
I quit trying again, I give up I will always support my team but you wont find me organizing any watches ever. Only Kev and myself were there and we even left during the third quater so we could have more fun at out own homes!
Old 09-24-2008   #158
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Actually there was about 5 minutes left in the 4th Wig, but yea it was a piss poor showing. The bartender parks in back and all you have to do is knock on the door if they are not unlocked yet.

Old 11-04-2008   #159
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I need to reconfirm the Saxon pub. I went there two weeks ago and the bar was empty. Boy do I mean EMPTY and DARK. They didn't have Sunday Ticket either.

I went to the Saxon Pub on Lamar. There is a knight out on the street. Somewhere around the 1700 block of Lamar?

Did I go to the right place?
Old 11-05-2008   #160
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Rhino's and Jocks?
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read