Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-15-2008   #61
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.

There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.

Old 07-15-2008   #62
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I am all for central location. ThirdBase was and is fine with me.
Yes. I am still in for Central 3B.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #63
TEXANSFAN1
Rookie

3rd base will workfor me.
Old 07-16-2008   #64
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #65
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

If axman40 shows I need to show he owes me $20 from last year!
BigWig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #66
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Will then you better show up and I will buy you beer and munchies!
Old 07-16-2008   #67
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.
And it was good meeting you. (Patrick, right? if memory serves me correctly...)

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2008   #68
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.
How about the game at Green Bay and then the AFC Divisional playoff game?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #69
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.
Old 07-17-2008   #70
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.
Keep Austin Third Base the HQ, and we'll just have a satilite locaiton in RR, (hell, I haven't even talked to Mama Beaver yet about it) and make "road trips" whenever. Road trips are sometimes the best part of any season.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #71
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

why would you want to watch the Divisional playoff game at 3rd Base when we're playing at reliant? sometimes you don't make any sense dale.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #72
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
If axman40 shows I need to show he owes me $20 from last year!
And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....
Old 07-18-2008   #73
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I will be there for a few games this year. I've never been over there but it sounds like good times!
Old 07-18-2008   #74
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livid13 View Post
And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....
Whats this about, I never borrowed bucks from you man??
I will believe it when I see it, you didnt make any games last year as far as watches go.
BigWig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #75
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm great with keeping it at 3rd Base. I wish they could have worked out their issues for Nitro, and sometimes their service was slooooow... and um... at the Denver game, when there were no seats left at the Texans table, their waitstaff moved me like three times (I was there alone and taking up a full four-seat table, so that was understandable, but still... three times!)... but I just keep going back to that Carolina game and how awesome it was. I won't make every game, but I'll show up when I can.

Also, all of you owe me $20 each.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #76
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Whats this about, I never borrowed bucks from you man??
I will believe it when I see it, you didnt make any games last year as far as watches go.
I'm just yanking your chain BW!
Old 07-18-2008   #77
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

if i'm not mistaken everyone owe's me a jameson on the rocks. remember? come on guys...
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #78
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
if i'm not mistaken everyone owe's me a jameson on the rocks. remember? come on guys...
I think your fat ASS needs to mix in a diet drink or water so you do not IR any more chairs. No prob on the jameson cause you owe me a shot of Patron.
Old 08-06-2008   #79
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.

[/b]
I'll go to Saxon cuz its closer or Third Base(did it last year), but only to the games that aren't shown. If they're shown, I'm staying home. (Sunday's my only day off)
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #80
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I plan on watching most games with ya'll at Third Base. I was there last year for a few games (KC, Carolina, and Tampa) but confined myself to a seat at the bar. I'm especially looking forward to Sundays this year because I'm finished with grad school so I can let loose for the Texans instead of stressing out over the reading/writing/research assignments I had to complete most Sundays.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read