Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-03-2008   #41
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I would also like to add, that for several years now I have ran the "Austin-Houston Texans fan club" and there is always tons of chatter here but the numbers dont lie. When it comes time to show up at the "voted establishment" based on chatter from these threads they just dont match.
What I am saying here is I have tried so hard every year and it may start with a bang but by game 6 or 8 its really a dud.
I have an email list of over 60 TExans fans who signed up for these watch partys but only a handful really showed up. I made every road game watch party even when I had season tix, and sometimes I was the only one there.
If you all get it going more power to ya, and I hope you do. Anyone who wants to take on the weekly emails and posts and emails I sent out, just pm me and I will turn over "the list".
One off the main issues has always been north or south, and that was never settled, except I did meet a few from N Austin when we were at 3rd Base.
I hope to see all you I met before real soon, lest get it going somewhere, thanks.

BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #42
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
The Carolina game was amazing at 3B. I still can't get over how incredibly loud it was. A rousing road win against a favored opponent will do that. When the Texans got that special teams TD after causing a fumble on one of the kickoffs, it was unclear whether or not the TD would stand - but man, when the ref said "after further review, it is a touchdown" that place positively exploded!!

Definitely one of the highlights of the season.
Right there with you. Easily one of my best memories of 2007, and 2007 was a very good year for me.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #43
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.
He hasnt had it but since we bailed on him I did hear a rumour he went and go it because of KEYE, he even wrote protests himself. I like Joe( the owner) a lot and would love to go back there due to the easy in and out, free food( maybe not anymore), coolstaff, and no other fans of any other teams. But no one seems to want to do that. I will only ask him if we get a lot of people wanting to try it, and I mean "concrete" amount because I tried and tried to get people out an no one showed for 3 years. At one time we had some of the famous "Blue Crew" show up. That 2-14 yr really hurt us.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #44
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #45
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....
I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #46
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.
Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #47
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2008   #48
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?
Old 07-14-2008   #49
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!
Quote:
well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?
Those apples look wrotten to me.

I am not driving all the way from Buda to Round Rock. If that is where everyone wants to gather I might see yall for a game or two but just to far for me. Yeah I know there is only a few of us that are south like Bigwig, RickyB and myslef.
Old 07-14-2008   #50
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?
wasn't trying to be rude by the way. more like bad funny. i understand the geography issue of course.
Old 07-14-2008   #51
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully the team gets on a roll and we have enough interest to support several Texan bars in the metro area.

Got my tickets today!
Old 07-15-2008   #52
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we ought to scrap this thread and start two new ones.
#1 North Austin Fans! Where ya gonna watch?
#2 South Austin fans! Where ya gonna watch?

We will always have this division and its pointless to try and get either to budge. Not to mention the chance of seeing cherries on the way home from a long drive is not worth it.

Dont forget the south always won the good ole Austin tug of war!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #53
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

It kills me, more than you know, to agree with Specnatz... But, there it is.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #54
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic.

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

Quote:
Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week
At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 07-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #55
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic.

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.
HC some of us was just giving him some shit.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.
Old 07-15-2008   #56
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
HC some of us was just giving him some shit.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.
Ten-Four. FWIW, I understand and agree, which is why I won't make it to 3rd base that often. It's not something I can do every week or even close being a) I live in RR, b) i am going to some home games. c) my wife and I usually watch the games together if they are on regular ole TV, if not we would have to get a sitter or I go by myself. But last year when I went, I had a great time with all the fellow Texans fans, it was so much fun, high fiving, ranting and raving, I wish I could do it more, but because I can't it does make it special.
Old 07-15-2008   #57
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:

There you have it folks, Moses has returned from the mountain top with life's direction.
Old 07-15-2008   #58
barrett
Hall of Fame

back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.
Old 07-15-2008   #59
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.
I am all for central location. ThirdBase was and is fine with me.
Old 07-15-2008   #60
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read