Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-17-2008   #1
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Training Camp Tickets

It isn't long now.

Quote:
The Houston Texans Training Camp, presented by Wachovia, begins for fans on Saturday, July 26 at the Methodist Training Center. Free tickets are available to the public at Wachovia Financial Centers in the greater Houston area beginning Wednesday, July 9. Tickets are limited to six per person per practice.
Link

Quote:
There are seven opportunities for fans to attend Houston Texans Training Camp,
My annual trip to Cleveland is now on the calendar!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training Camp Tickets

I'd like to claim three tickets to any practices you can spare.

I remember them just giving you a huge bundle and you mailed me a pair of practices last season. I'm in Austin so I can't exactly head up to a local Houston Wachovia all that easily.
Old 06-17-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I'll be one of the first ones there to get my tickets.
Old 06-18-2008   #4
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 378 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that I will still be inbetween cities on that date...If I am in Kansas...hopefully someone can help me out with 1 ticket for each tc except the last one...I will be in a wedding...

Although I will be a Wichitan, I will be at all of the training camps like I still live in Houston...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008   #5
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'd like to claim three tickets to any practices you can spare.

I remember them just giving you a huge bundle and you mailed me a pair of practices last season. I'm in Austin so I can't exactly head up to a local Houston Wachovia all that easily.
I sent you a PM
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Training Camp Tickets

I just sent a pre-emptive e-mail to the Texans.

Wachovia changes the rules every year, the DAY they're handing them out. ((and before Wachovia, it was still screwed up, EVERY year).

Sadly, there are only 2 dates AFTER the bar exam

Quote:
I send this e-mail in the hopes the Texans can prevent what has been a rather disastrous event over the last several years. It seems every year there is a problem with fans who try to pick up training camp tickets. I request you please clarify all policies and rules with Wachovia, and print any corrections on HoustonTexans.com.

Problems have included:

-sponsors not being aware of the 6 per person/per game policy
-sponsors requiring fans fill out a form giving personal information to get tickets
-sponsors citing a "day of" change in policy (last year, Wachovia branches only allowed something like a few tickets limited to two training camp dates per branch - despite HoustonTexans.com stating 6 per person per session)

We the fans appreciate the continued free admittance to training camp and are ok with any policies created between the Texans and sponsors. We would just to make sure we know WHAT the policies are advance to plan accordingly.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 06-21-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #7
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 17 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I just sent a pre-emptive e-mail to the Texans.

Wachovia changes the rules every year, the DAY they're handing them out. ((and before Wachovia, it was still screwed up, EVERY year).

Sadly, there are only 2 dates AFTER the bar exam
Good call!!!!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2008   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Yeah, I saw this thread and immediatley thought of Ryan's adventures with Wachovia last year.

You know, come to think of it...Ryan has problems with almost every store possible: IE- (Dell, Wachovia, Compass Bank, etc).
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Yeah, I saw this thread and immediatley thought of Ryan's adventures with Wachovia last year.

You know, come to think of it...Ryan has problems with almost every store possible: IE- (Dell, Wachovia, Compass Bank, etc).
LMAO!! Hey, last year it wasn't just me!! Wachovia decided (unilaterally) the day of that they were only allowing each person a few tickets to TWO sessions. They said HoustonTexans.com was "mistaken."
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 06-26-2008   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

The Texans have assured me that the policy is 6 per person per session, and Wachovia has NO RIGHT to REQUIRE you to fill out anything (though they may REQUEST information).

Should anyone tell you otherwise the day they go on sale, I would take the Texans phone number with you (as printing out the website did not good in past years).

Good luck and happy hunting

I'll be looking for tickets to sessions on 8-1 and later!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 06-26-2008   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans have assured me that the policy is 6 per person per session, and Wachovia has NO RIGHT to REQUIRE you to fill out anything (though they may REQUEST information).

Should anyone tell you otherwise the day they go on sale, I would take the Texans phone number with you (as printing out the website did not good in past years).
Good advise !
I had this problem last year, as the Wachovia Bank I went to here in Clear Lake wouldn't give me but 1 ticket per practice.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Are the Texans going to do a practice against another team this year?
Old 07-06-2008   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Are the Texans going to do a practice against another team this year?
I dunno for sure, but seem to recall they planned some intersquad workouts/scrimmages with the Saints, but I think it's over there ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno for sure, but seem to recall they planned some intersquad workouts/scrimmages with the Saints, but I think it's over there ?
That's right.
Quote:
Kubiak said the Texans plan to travel to New Orleans early to work against the Saints in practice.

"I like the way our preseason’s setting up," he said. "I’m going to talk to (Saints head coach) Sean (Payton) here this afternoon. We’re going to take our team down there hopefully on Tuesday night, practice against New Orleans Wednesday, Thursday, by our self on Friday and then play them on Saturday, so it’s just a little change of pace, change of scenery during camp, and work against a very good football team.”
Link
Old 07-06-2008   #15
kermit
Veteran

Rep Power: 553 kermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respectedkermit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO!! Hey, last year it wasn't just me!! Wachovia decided (unilaterally) the day of that they were only allowing each person a few tickets to TWO sessions. They said HoustonTexans.com was "mistaken."
No, it wasn't just you.
I was in one Wachovia where I thought a fight was going to break out.
People were raising their voices as the Wacho.. workers refused to give the tickets out unless you handed over your life story.
It really got bad.
I don't know why they can't just smile and hand out the tickets.:mshadows:
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit View Post
No, it wasn't just you.
I was in one Wachovia where I thought a fight was going to break out.
People were raising their voices as the Wacho.. workers refused to give the tickets out unless you handed over your life story.
It really got bad.
I don't know why they can't just smile and hand out the tickets.:mshadows:
They could but they just don't want to.
Old 07-07-2008   #17
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I just smile and put my fake name and number
Old 07-08-2008   #18
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Are these tickets usually gone in the first day?

It's my first season back in Houston, and the ONLY day I have to work this summer, is Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Tickets are available today, right? If I get any BS from the bank this year I'll write letters for sure. To who, I'm not sure, but I'll find out. Last year we had to go to 3 different banks and still didn't get all the tickets we wanted.

I still got to go to all of them....thanks again to Yankee for the inside info.
Old 07-09-2008   #20
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Are these tickets usually gone in the first day?

It's my first season back in Houston, and the ONLY day I have to work this summer, is Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey brother, here is the list of banks and how many tickets each location has for each practice.

http://assets.houstontexans.com/asse...nk_tickets.pdf
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read