Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-26-2004   #1
mes311
Rookie

Default Lion's saftey Marion charged with theft and fraud

You would think these guys make enough money to avoid doing stupid stuff like this. If he's proved guilty that is.

Here's the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1809588
Old 05-26-2004   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

"Police said he reported his 2002 Chevrolet conversion van stolen Feb. 11 and filed an insurance claim in which he collected about $54,247."

A conversion van?!?!?! Wonder if he put in the shag carpet and wood panel sides.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

A 2002 Chevy conversion van worth 54K??? No wonder the insurance company took a second look at the claim. I doubt it was that much brand new.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #4
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am sure he was down on his luck and strapped for cash. Like the rest of us. I am not so sure we going to face a tough Detroit defense. to detroit.
Old 05-26-2004   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
A 2002 Chevy conversion van worth 54K??? No wonder the insurance company took a second look at the claim. I doubt it was that much brand new.
In another article they said the van was 60K new.
Old 05-26-2004   #6
Pruzoo
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Pruzoo

Do you think he was influenced more by the thugs from Dallas or Miami that he played with?
Old 05-26-2004   #7
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Every profession has their *****s. Even high paying professions. He has probably done it before and gotten away with it and will do it again if given the chance. One thing for sure I dont care how good an athlete is - if he is stealing from folks then he is lying to folks and you cant trust him not only on your football team but with life in general. He is out of there if the Lions are smart. It says a lot about someone with all that Marion has to steal. Utter nonsense.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2004   #8
mes311
Rookie

I agree, but I would be really surprised if they released him without him ever playing a down for them, at least not unless he is thrown in jail. Anyone know what kind of signing bonus he recieved?
Old 05-27-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read